1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do we go in 2010 if Yao goes down again in 2009?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chenjy9, May 20, 2009.

?

Where do we go in 2010 if Yao goes down again in 2009?

Poll closed Jun 19, 2009.
  1. Let him go and sign an proven star with over 50% of payroll freed

67 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Get a young stud and rebuild for the next couple of year

34 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. Stay the course, at least we will still get into the playoffs

36 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Other; please specify

12 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That would be awesome if Morey can make it happen. Solid backup center prospects for 2009 sucks though :(

True that... :( I would rather not have a quarter of our payroll playing the role of a bench player or cheer leader though... I seen enough of that with T-Mac.

2. supermike

supermike Member

lock this thread. it is meaningless and waste of time.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Yao and I want him to succeed but if he goes down next season,he should think about retiring.How long can his body tolerate it?

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If you make a thread, you should be prepared for people who dont like your opinion....that is their right. Calling members names and being a d*ck in general doesn't hurt them, but it brings you up on the mods radar as we are tryin to cut back on the personal attacks around here.

You want to make the GARM a better place, cut out the crap responses....ignore them, if they get out of hand, we deal with it...that isnt your job.

as far the rest of you.....posting just to say lock this crappy thread aint gonna get it closed any faster if it deserves it, and it wont help get it closed at all if it doesnt deserve closing. Answer the topic or dont answer at all.

5. joesr

joesr Member

Other
    Reduce his minutes
    How
    get a center that actually plays minutes during the regular season
    Reducing practice minutes doesnt count for didly squat.

6. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Your first option on the poll is misleading.

Yao IS a proven star.

If you wanna sign a "proven" star, is the star a C or not? Cause this team needs size, not another wingman or w/e.

7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Thanks for jinxing him. :rolleyes:

8. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

So pessimistic is not supposed to be an American, Yao is not made of glass, every player has the risk, the life is gambling. You may say yao is easy to hurt ,but I will say yao will care himself more and not easy to be hurt, even kobe ,lebron ,wade all has the the risk ,who knows, if you are so nervous I suggest you don’t watch the basketball for you will worry the hurt every minute. :)

9. MD_in_Training

I don't think this is worst thread every made, but it's still pointless and has been addressed numerous times elsewhere. And just because people have the option of ignoring stupid threads doesn't mean that you or anyone else are justified in starting them.
    How enjoyable would the GARM be if everyone started a thread for every little thought that they entertain at the moment? It's still in our best interest to keep the GARM fresh and appropriate. The "you don't have to click the link" argument isn't a responsible one.

10. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

Racist? :rolleyes:

11. dexkk

dexkk Member

I mean it's an interesting topic; just redundant. It's an issue that people have been discussing in many different threads. Even the clutchfans website has had similar poll in the front page for awhile.

"Yao Ming is a free agent in 2010, but has had his last 4 seasons ended or severely interrupted by injury. What do you want to see the Rockets do by this time next year?

Re-sign Yao to new contract

Trade Yao or let him walk in free agency"

http://www.clutchfans.net/

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Not racism, just truth. I myself am of chinese descent. In terms of the country's natural resource, china has a lot less of that when compared to say the US. Since china has a huge population, we are able to provide a very large labor resource to the global market, hence everything being made in china. How is this racist? :confused:

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again... it is YOUR opinion that it is NOT interesting. I find it interesting and I bet so does other people. It might piss off a few people that are on this forum only for Yao, but ultimately I could care less about any individual player on the Rockets. If losing one and getting another has the potential to make this team better, I would support it in a heart beat.

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I don't believe in superstition, just facts. :rolleyes:

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I know he is not made of glass, but he has missed a substantial amount of games the last few seasons due to injuries, freak accidents or not. That is the cold hard fact and we cannot deny that.

16. MD_in_Training

That's not my point. It doesn't matter if I personally find it interesting or not. I'm responding to your argument that people can simply "not click on the link."

And I'm not sure what you're talking about in the bolded statement.

17. MD_in_Training

Yeah, that's actually what I meant. Half the threads in the GARM talk about the salary situation and the risk/reward ratio of signing Yao.

18. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

Resigning Yao is an option but just at the right price. If Yao is asking for a max contract, man might as well let him go because his injuries and that contract will haunt us for years to come.

We will be in the hole for years with a max contract signed by a player who is not even worth nearly half that much.

19. shioew

shioew Member

the problem is, can you put a player like yao on bench?

i am wondering when will that happen

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If it helps the team, in a heartbeat!