1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets Among Teams Interested In Nash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nodstonothing, May 18, 2009.

1. krockets

krockets Member

We can't control what the Phoenix do or make them accept our offer, the only thing we can do is to package the offer in a way that would benefit the Rox..

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Getting Steve Nash would be a huge mistake, IMO. The guy is too old and if we get him in a trade, we are going to have to give up way too much for him.

I heard last night a Clippers beat writer talking about Blake Griffin but saying that the Clippers could draft the Spanish PG Rubio. He then went into saying how the NBA has become a PG driven league with point guards like Paul, DWill, and Aaron Brooks. We are fine at PG with Brooks and Lowry; let's take care of finding a backup C and trying to keep our main guys healthy.

3. ibm

ibm Member

now we're talking about an even bigger deal. me like it. :cool:

all in... royal flush... :)

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If there is a legitimate chance of winning a championship, you take it. Take a look at the Miami Heat. They took that chance and won a championship. Afterwards, they rebuilt and assuming they can re-sign Wade, they are poised to be contenders within the next three years.

You consider salary cap relief to be "nothing"?

Don't try to defend Brooks by criticizing Nash's defense. Due to his size, Brooks is a huge defensive liability.

Yes, and Nash is better than Brooks in every aspect of the game except speed. Whats your point?

I don't understand your irrational love for "long term assets" which I'm assuming means players. The most valuable asset is salary cap flexibility.

5. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

32 pages :eek: wow. who would have thought it

6. worzel gummidge

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spo...griffin-loses-lottery-headed-to-clippers.html

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Aaron's defense is better than Nash's and his lack of size has not been a problem. Brooks is a better rebounder than Nash. In two years time, Brooks will probably be better at all aspects of the game with the exceptions of passing, FT shooting, and decision making with the ball due to Nash getting older.

If the Rockets get Nash, I will be estactic as long as they don't give up too much. I don't consider Brooks untouchable and he would be a likely piece for Nash. I just don't see Nash as he was two years ago.

8. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

NO Nash, please,

1. If Nash is on the Rockets team, Yao will get 2 fouls in the first 2 mins and 4 fouls by the end of half time of each game, because the leaky-as-fishing-scoop defense.

2. If his defense is poor, the whole Rockets team will be discouraged to defense.

3. Nash is old.

9. RyanB

RyanB Member

We have bright future withh Aaron Brooks, he can improve tremendously these coming years.
    Nash is getting old.
    No Nash
    Keep Brooks, he is our future

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The only way I see Nash, the former 2-time MVP, dealt is if the Suns are out of the playoff hunt at the trade deadline. He's the face of their franchise, and I don't see anyone giving Phoenix equal value (i.e. a Devin Harris type in return). Steve Kerr is more adamant about moving Amare Stoudemire, an injury-prone, chemistry-killing malcontent.

11. ibm

ibm Member

added some highlights. :D

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Not supported.

Nash is better than Brooks in every one of these categories: rebounds per game, rebounds per xx minutes, rebound percentage, rebound rating.

P.S: Nash is even beating Brooks in rebounds per inch ... LOL ... he could lose to Brooks in rebounds per pound, but I doubt you care about this.

#632 wnes, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Tmac/Brooks/Cook
    for
    Nash/Richardson

Nash/Lowry
    Richardson/Barry/White
    Artest/Battier
    Scola/Landry/Hayes
    Yao/Fa

drastically improve our shooting, and we get rid of Cook!

14. damienh28

damienh28 Member

Steve too fast for yao Steve could get shaq movin Yao's more stiff
    I think If we just keep the same team well do great imagine tracy and Brooks together with yao and scola also battier and artest....
    well have to get rid of barry for barbosa
    get a good tall back up center
    and were lookin at the 2010 Championship

Yao/ (someone tall and big and Strong)
    Tracy/ Barbosa or Chris Bosh or Josh Smith
    Brooks/ Lowry
    scola/hayes/landry
    battier/Artest

Wafer got to go
    Also barry we talk as if he would change us he did nothing
    we need some who can dunk on people like its nothing like josh smith

Morey Read this

15. uchlha

uchlha Member

how do we get chris bosh or josh smith?

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I never realized Nash had become such a good defensive rebounder. I should have said, "Brooks is the better offensive rebounder" to be defendable by stats. Oddly enough, the Rockets are a great defensive rebounding team when you take into account pace and rebounding percentage and the Suns despite having Brooks instead of Nash. I don't expect Brooks to be as good a rebounder as Lowry, but it is so uncanny that Brooks has such a hard time getting defensive rebounds compared to someone like Nash.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Brooks' lack of size has been a huge problem. Due to his inability to take contact, he's become too cautious when attacking the basket. Nash is much better at finishing around the rim.

Disagree. I don't think Brooks will be able to match Nash's fg% and 3pt fg%. Nash has always been a stellar shooter.

Even if you disagree, your list of passing, decision making, and free throw shooting is an extensive list...especially for a point guard.

To be fair, Nash's game hasn't changed much in the past two years. I think he'll be a great addition to the team if he can be as efficient as he was last year.

18. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

hey im nobodies fool but do you think that NASH. Who is turning 35 by thisw time next season. I thought you might wonder that in the equation?

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You gauge a player by how effective he is...not by how old he is.

For what its worth, McGrady is 29 and Deke is 42.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Are the Rockets going to start Chuck Hayes if they acquire Nash. They better because you are going to have the opposing PG going to the rim and/or drawing fouls on the Rockets bigs on every possession. At least Chuck is quick enough to cut them off before they get Yao in foul trouble 2 minutes into the game.

No more dinosaurs on this team please.