1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS FANS: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slayer700506, Jun 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. mav3434

mav3434 Member

I am not really sure of the purpose of this thread, but I don't really care, so:

16th btw. 5th and 6th, Manhattan, NY, NY.

2. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

3. Valio!

Valio! Member

Houston burbs - off to Lithuania for 4 years - back to Houston burbs

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.

5. Nimnal

Nimnal Contributing Member

Born and raised (with season tickets) in Houston. Now live in San Diego, CA. Favorite poster: Hey Partner. Favorite rockets memory: thanking Rudy and shaking his hand for bringing us a championship!

6. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

San Antonio, Texas.

7. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Oak Ridge, NC

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Longview TX

10. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I used to live at 17th and 3rd.

11. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

Born in Osaka, Japan. Live now in Aliso Viejo, S. California. Just finished watching the Lakers go up 2-0 vs. the Nets. Damn, I'm sick and tired of watching the Lake show. Lakers this, Lakers that, cars everyone with friggin Laker flags beaming off of the antennas, I'm in BBall hell over here. Can't wait till the Rockets are back!!:mad:

12. Houstone

Houstone Member

Houston, Chester Nuts

13. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

Born and raised in Seattle. As a kid I would go to the Sonics preseason camps. At the time, it was the only Major League Pro team in town. Moved to Kingwood in 1982 and became a Rocket fan immediately. Lost interest in the Sonics when Karl was fired.

14. dTown333

dTown333 Member

Damn, there's a lot of people here from my hometowns...
    Born and raised in southwest Houston (Alief-hell yeah!), the 184th D.C. moved me out to Austin this year by force, but the only thing I miss so far is channel 20 and their televised games.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I was actually born in Quezon City, Philippines but has been living here in East Houston (North Shore area) for the past 19 years.

16. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Right by Pete's tavern or am I off a block.

17. lived

lived Member

Singapore, but now studying in Melbourne, Australia

18. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Born and raised in Houston. Went to Bellaire HS, Houston Baptist Univ, and Baylor Med School and now live in SugarLand.

My favorite Rocket moment was attending game 7 vs. the Knicks. I sat in Sect 114 just across the aisle from the NBC booth (platform) set up in Sect 115. When Maxwell hit the 3 with about a minute and a half left in the game, I had tears in my eyes-80% from pure joy and 20% from relief of frustration of never previously winning a major championship from a Houston sports team.

I remember looking over at Dr. J looking panoramically at the crowd and soaking in the moment. And best of all seeing Peter Veasey with a stunned look on his face.

I remember after the game in the Summit traffic amidst all the shouts of joy and honking, I saw 2 elderly ladies get out of their Lexus and start dancing around their car. I remember thinking, "Now there's something you don't see everyday."

Houston Native

19. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Born in Houston, grew up in Waller (near Houston), moved to College Station for my first 2 years of college and now I am going back to Houston to go to UH. I cant wait to get back in Houston, I love it in College Station, but now I can have season tickets! :D

20. UTrocket

UTrocket Member

Born in Wisconsin, lived in Kingwood for 17+ years, went to UT for 4 years and now I'm stuck in Berkeley for several more! I haven't had consistent Rockets TV coverage in 6 years. This site is about the only thing keeping me up to date. Thanks Clutch!

I guess I should change my user name.