1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 89, Rockets 70

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2009.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

^^ We have two good enough PGs that we can develop..

What we really need is for Adelman to severely limit Yao's minutes before the playoffs, and to also hold him off the court the first couple of weeks or months, so that his season can be shorter relative to other NBA players.. Yao's body cannot handle an 82 game season, but you know Stern is not going to change that.

Also, let's hope that we can get a back-up big this offseason that's competent and/or another smarter offensive player. TMAC coming back healthy would help A LOT!

2. SynergySin

SynergySin Member

I would also like to add that I am very proud of our Rockets team! Maybe we didn't make it to the finals or win a championship, but I think that we can all agree that the Rockets are winners in our hearts!

What a team! Can't wait til next year, hopefully our health will be a little better! Get some rest Yao and Tmac!

3. etouch

etouch New Member

Ok, Rockets fans....before you start getting all angry at me, let me say that I'm a lifelong Laker fan, a fan of NBA basketball my whole life. I'm not sure what Laker fans you all come into discussions with, but let me just say that I've never had any animosity toward the Rockets or their fans. I've always liked your team. Hakeem is one of my all-time favorite NBA players...one of the greatest talents and ambassadors of the game EVER. Your championship teams in the 90's were amazing to watch. Adding Clyde was a brilliant move. Great to see him bring his experience to your city. I have one question for you. And I'm being serious here: why do so many of you call my team the Fakers? Seriously. I find it interesting that so many fans use that name...what's the deal?
    I don't imagine I'll get many honest responses on this, but I really want to know where it comes from. What's fake about them? Yeah, they're frustrating to watch sometimes...no doubt. But why the name calling?? I don't expect you to root for someone else's team, but why resort to calling names? Hell, if Kobe Bryant wasn't on the Lakers I'm sure I wouldn't like him either. He's arrogant, for sure, but he's on my team, so I root for him. But I'm always a fan of the TEAM, not the guys who wear the jerseys, so why they're referred to as the Fakers puzzles me. It's as if, let's say, I really hated someone on your team (which I don't), and decided to hate your team because I hate that one player. Not sure I follow that.
    Anyway, my real reason for coming on here was to say that regardless of what other Laker fans are saying, your team really made people open their eyes and see the heart and togetherness displayed by the Rockets. Nothing but respect from me, honest to God. I hope your off-season provides time for your guys to get healthy. That's really all you need. No doubt the Rockets will be in the hunt for the prize next year.
    Good luck to all of you...even the Faker haters.

4. bumblebees

bumblebees New Member

A starting pg with average 3.4 assists can never help the team to a championship. Next season we need a solid backup center and a true point guard.

5. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Wow..so the next game will be at november.. can't wait that loong!! :D

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time to unsticky all things Lakers and let them fall into the mire where they belong.

DD