1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AM 610] Heisman Resigns

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan17wagner, May 18, 2009.

1. conquistador#11

loved him during the nfl season because he is just so passionate about our Texans. Some of his flaws were a little too obvious, like the whole being a dallas mavericks fan. YUCK!
    Only 86 days til our first preseason game!!! :eek:

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This news makes me smile. :)

Thank goodness he's off our airwaves (hopefully the same for Texans radio).

Now AC can get some airtime during the mornings.... :cool:

4. xcharged

xcharged Member

Did anyone see Ware on The NFL's Top 10 Busts of All Time?

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

And he was a bust with the Morning Show. Now moving up to BSPN. Bye bye.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Bring back the 2 chicks, Chris and Annie Z.

7. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Ya Clanton is better then Andre anyway, but Andre was good during football season. Clanton and Vandermeer are already good together and the morning show has been all 3 of them for sometime now. So just lose one and they should be fine. Now if they just got rid of Rich Lord I would give the afternoon show a chance, but that guy is horrible.

8. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Whatever the view of him locally, ESPN views him as a commodity. He resigned because the network wants more of a committment from him...weekly.

Good luck Dre.

9. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Now we need Vandemeer to quit. He is OK as a play by play radio guy, but I can't listen to him for 4 minutes let alone 4 hours.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Good riddance. I think Andre Ware is a nice guy with a great personality, but he just didn't have enough knowledge about sports (besides college football) to be on the air every day. He rarely said anything worthwhile and added nothing to the show, other than being Andre Ware, Heisman Trophy winner.

Marc Vandermeer needs someone to take the lead and let him be the sidekick. Adam Clanton could do it but I don't know if that pecking order would work since VDM has been at the station longer. If they bring in someone new and VDM becomes even more dominant, the Morning Show will get worse.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maybe I'm in the minority (apparently I am!) but I was a fan. I know he didn't have the wide sports knowledge, but seeing as how I didn't listen to 610 for very long in the morning due to commercial breaks anyway, I was fine with him in the segments I heard.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He said the Nuggets series would last longer than the Lakers-Rockets.

HE is a Mavs fan.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Look, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it: Andre Ware s-u-c-k-e-d on the morning show. Good announcer, yes, but he just wasn't cut out to host a morning radio show. The show WILL be better without him.

I've got a fever, and the only cure... is more Clanton!

14. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

welcome to 3 weeks ago ;) :D

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4452026&postcount=44

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Seems most of you don't like Rich Lord or Vandy. If that's the case, pair them together in the morning, killing to birds with one stone, and listen to 1560. Then maybe they'll move Wexler or Clanton to afternoons with Jackson.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I didn't mind Ware at all, but I agree that he didn't add a whole lot of extra knowledge to the show. The 610 morning show can make improvements. Best of luck to Ware, though. He has a chance to do big things with ESPN.

I think Clanton is working really, really well with the morning crew, and he seems like an awesome dude, but his solo hour still has to grow on me.

Just seems really kind of unfocused, and with little structure. The Experience is just like listening in on a phone call between Clanton and someone else. Also too many vague references to text messages and emails that he can't read anyway, it just gives off a vibe of 'trying to be like the Rome show' (and no, I'm not talking about the Rome preview).

I listen to it, but that's mainly because it was Rockets season and I want to hear talk about the Rockets. :) There's definitely potential there.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

not only did ware lack the charisma and overall sports knowledge, he didn't even like houston sports teams. it seemed like he consistently rooted against the rockets (he was a mavs fan after all) and never seemed to care at all about the astros.

i could never figure out why in the hell he was ever chosen, to be honest.

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

About time.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

you should just join the morning show AB!!!! :)

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

That seems to be the consensus of the board, great commentator, not so great as a show host. I know I'd much rather fly around and do football broadcasts for the season than get up at dawn every day and have to talk to the idiots that call in with the same questions year round.