1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If We Traded Yao.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joliver325, May 18, 2009.

1. joliver325

joliver325 Member

As good as the Rox played without him and we still having a nice D. If we traded Yao couldn't we get a star that would fit into the speedy Rox plan that is more suitable for Rick Adelman's system.

OK Yao breaks his foot. He was neutralized by a tactic (fronting) that always seems to work but rarely is used on him.

(Disclaimer: People don't hate its just a "what if" question. Open your minds to the discussion.)

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The only problem is that it's never going to happen. Like everyone else states he brings in too much mula for Les to wanna trade him.

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

trade yao for 1st overall draft pick and then draft steve blake. just an idea.

4. R=$

R=$ Member

I would trade Yao for:

Dirk & Howard ( Dallas Mavs. )

FOR

Yao & Ron-Ron

5. caneks

caneks Rookie

I am giving 5 stars. Why are some people so negative about the possibility of trading Yao? His weakness is so obvious.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm pretty sure you can't use draft picks to take players (like Steve Blake) that are already playing for other teams. But there's this guy coming out named Blake Griffin who might be decent.

Horrible idea, btw.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Because it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how beneficial trading Yao would be for the Rockets on the court. It will never happen. It's a business and he brings in HUGE revenue. So long as Yao can limp onto the court and wants to be a Houston Rocket, he will be a Houston Rocket. That's all there is to it. As such, there is no point in discussing any other so called possibility. No other possibility exists.

8. heyangw

heyangw Member

The problem is not if Rockets want to trade you, but if Yao wants to stay.

9. Joevir

Joevir Member

Yao's strong personality, his heart is priceless. i donnt think there are some big guys in this league have this quality.
    yeah,right, Yao's back is China, but regardless of it, Yao is also excellent

10. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I think that if there was ever a team that would trade for Yao, it would be the Utah Jazz. Jerry Sloan would know how he would want to use him, which is emulate Mark Eaton on the defensive end. OTOH, I do know that there are people on this board who wouldn't be too crazy of having ex-Jazz players playing for the Rockets.

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

We are fans because we want this team to win. It doesn't matter much for us about how yao could bring money to the owner of this team. It matter how many wins yao could bring for the fans. I don't think there is anything wrong to talk about trading yao.

12. Gourami

Gourami Member

I'll give 5 stars too. As a Yao fan, I want him traded. I just want to see how he can do without playing with T-mac and AB. I'll keep watching Rox and future Yao's team as a Rox fan and a Yao fan.
    Make it happen, Morey!

13. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

We still have a nice D without YAO??????Where did you find it ?You forgot how terribly our rim was "Raped" by GASOL AND BYNUM? :eek:

14. MSrocket

MSrocket Member

hes not going to be traded any time soon and rightfully so (except maybe late in his career like Hakeem). just get over it. 1) He brings in too much money. 2) He is a model citizen and model athlete. 4)gives his heart and soul each and every day. 5) players want to come play alongside him. 6) He is far too much of a cultural symbol- i mean literally if you ask somebody who never watches sports who paul pierce or dwight howard is they probably wouldnt know- but ask em about yao ming and theyll say oh yeah isnt that the real tall chinese player.
    whether you like it or not, when yao decides to hang it up his jersey will probably hang in the toyota center rafters. and to me it would be a shame to see him retire in anything other than a rockets jersey- gimp bones or not.
    yes,theoretically it might be possible that the rockets could improve by trading yao and adding the right pieces but in same note it could backfire big time. in the long run i think id rather remember yao synonymous with a rockets jersey even if he never gets that championship ala patrick ewing with the knicks.

15. A13

A13 Member

We will see...

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Anything can happen at this point. Morey will find a statistical value for everything and do what is best.

17. manhore

manhore Member

As a YOF, I would love to see Yao traded to a cosmopolitan city that would actually embrace the guy. Houston is too George Bush-country to take on a world-citizen like Yao.

He'd so flourish with the Lakers.
    Gasol+Bynum for Yao+fillers. Win-win for both teams.

Gasol fits Adelman system a lot better.

Yao fits the triangle a lot better. On top of that, he has Jackson to tutor him (Zen and Chinese comes hand in hand). Ever hear Yao talk, very Zen. On top of that, he would have Kobe to keep defenses honest. No would never have to deal with double-teams or fronting as much.

Do it Morey!!! For Yao's sake. He has shown his loyalty to this organization it's time the organization show loyalty to him and give him to the Lakers.

18. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

LOL at Steve Blake. I'm on the phone with the Blazers right now... they say yes.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you don't mind wasting your time talking about something that is an absolute impossibility, then by all means. Go right ahead. But It's never going to happen.

20. roxwin

roxwin Member

If Rox can trade DREAM,they can trade Yao also.DREAM choose to stay with Rox then he got traded,now its the question: will Yao stay? I am sure he got choice,doesnt look like to me expect Rox he got nowhere to go.