1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China announces national basketball squad, without Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, May 16, 2009.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'll just say that this is something that does not belong here. Period. Go down to D&D for that.
    At any rate, it's nice to know that Yao will get some rest. Hopefully then we can have him completely healthy for next year, which should be pretty spectacular.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think the strain put on Yao from the Chinese National team is a big exaggerated.

The conditioning program China uses has improved a lot since Del Harris and other American trainers have gotten involved. Playing basketball is something all athletes do in their spare time even before training camp, and if anything playing for the Chinese National Team keeps the rust off Yao.

Yao has a different work ethic than most athletes, but a lot of athletes have a tendency to come into training camp out of shape (Francis, T-Mac, Shaq, and Mo Taylor come to mind.)

Yao deserves more rest, but its not like he's being put through a gauntlet compared to his early years before American trainers came on board.

3. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

Sorry, I was being stupid. Won't happen again. :D

4. ExJordanary

ExJordanary Member

maybe the chinese officials saw how well the rockets are playing without yao, and they wanna try it too............

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I get the sense that the mood in here while being content is still very much concerning of Yao having the OPTION of being included in YET ANOTHER pointless national team tournament.

lets just be very happy that Yao won't be playing for the Chinese team this summer!!!

who cares whatever reason the chinese officials put up...I mean they have to explain it to the chinese fans wanting to see yao play in china!!!

great news yao will be getting some much-needed rest. now hes just gotta cut down on his training and ring morey 50 times a day to tell him to get antonio mcdyess as his backup.........................

6. seaweed

seaweed Member

Ok, Yao's safe. How about Scola?

7. Cav000

Cav000 Member

to achieve this , we do need a back-up C for Yao.
    our C now are more like big forward

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This board is pretty ignorant.

How can you call another country ignorant, delusional etc. without any base facts?

China is not going to play Yao, and they did the right thing. The least you could do is say thank you and not insult their country as a whole. Afterall, their country is currently doing better than most as a matter of fact.

9. ILoveTheRockets

where were you, and your chinese friends during the regular season?

10. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

We were wacting all the way

11. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Yao is gonna finally have time to get Wrath of the Lich King and level his hunter up from level 70-80!

12. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Finally Yao gets a vacation. :cool:

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

this is good news.

14. HtownForever

HtownForever Member

finally Yao can get some rest. thats good news. Lets just hope him and Tmac can come back health next season, I still believe...

15. HTR99

HTR99 Member

This is huge. I'm glad China isn't sending their own batch of doctors to justify Yao's foot to bring him back. With Yao not playing during the summer, this has to be our year to win it because he'll be fresh. This doesn't ignore the fact that we need to add Chris Anderson. I know it's prolly unlikely.

16. langal

langal Contributing Member

This. I'm glad he's getting a full offseason too. I don't think he should play for China unless it's the Olympics or the World Championships. To be honest, I don't think China really wants him this year anyways.

A lot of us should understand that these international tournaments are no where close to the NBA grind - where Yao will have 4 games in 5 nights, 35+minutes a game versus other 7 footers. Considering his recent run of injuries though - yes he should rest as much as he can.

17. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

Simply speaking , in China, sports partly means politics.

OMG.. What did i say , i must be crazy....

18. silentsky

silentsky Member

Dude, u didn't get wut i was trying to say, which makes it not funny anymore :(

For your information, i'm chinese. lived in Canada for like 10 years, had few trips around the world including the U.S., still hold my chinese citizenship, currently live and work in China, and plan to keep it this way the rest of my life as long as the communist party is running the show. I love wut the communist party has been doing to our country in the past 30 years. they are doing a damn good job on running the country with some flaws of course. So i say give them another 30 years to improve and lead us back to the top of the world, where our race had been enjoying for thousands of years.

BTW, no need to be nice to the random jerks. that's one thing that chinese need to learn and get used to, throw the b****es into hell and burn them whenever u can.

19. dback816

dback816 Member

I was going to say "In b4 angry texans complaining about china again" but I'm too late to the thread :(

20. godisdd

godisdd Member

:D :D :D

i am sorry, dude, i didn't turn up in the regular season cause i don't there is a rox bbs like this; and why i finally showed up cause after seeing this series i wonder to know you americans' attitude towwards rox, and i found this bbs, you know ,the poor internet here makes it's hard to surf any foreign website, so is this bbs,

hope this is a satisfying answer, and you can get my poor english

hey, dude, can you surf any chinese website in us? and can you help me improve my english? thanks first :D