1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    TWOLVES vs NUGGETS GAME 7. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Someone please make me feel better...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, May 16, 2009.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My fiancee at the time (now my wife of 13 years) graduated from college the day the Rockets closed out the Sonics. Ugh. Graduation ceremonies are torture as it is....but when they cause you to miss a Rockets playoff game, they're even worse.

I'm so sorry for your loss, OP. :)

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Are you serious ? Come on, honestly. What is more important in life: your sister, family, a relative achieving something in life or a rigged nba games that the Rockets will lose anyway ?

3. MadMax

oh come on...she was going to graduate anyway. it was never in the realm of possibilty that she wouldn't, i'm guessing. you sit there for hours to finally watch her walk across the stage for all of 5 seconds for someone to hand her something that resembles the diploma she'll actually receive in the mail 7-10 business days later.

when i graduated from law school, i only participated in the ceremony because it was important to my family. it meant zilch to me. if the rockets had been playing, i might have faked an illness. ;)

4. 1individual

1individual Member

Something strange has occurred in the playoffs for me. Whenever I don't watch a game the Rockets win. When I watch its an upsetting loss. I ain't watching game 7 for the sake of Clutch Fans!!!!!

5. Omer

Omer Member

I'm at the graduation right now standing waiting...

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you are watching the game with your daughter!

7. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no way the Rockets are going to win. Joey Crawfor is officiating so watch for phantom fouls on Scola & Hayes in the first 6 mins, for Landry the next 6. Then watch for Wafer to get called for getting Sasha off of him. Watch for Artest to go inside, get hacked, and not get a call. Watch for offensive over-the-back rebounds by LA not being called. Etc.

8. MadMax

even if everything you said is right, there's no way i'm not watching game 7 with my Rockets.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

True, but you shouldn't feel like you miss something when you do not watch it. There's a 99% chance the Rockets will lose. See, many more games are rigged / fixed then we know of. It's just that teams find a way to overcome it but without Yao, Tracy or Deke there's no way we can overcome it. IF, that's big freaking if, THEY WIN THEY CAN CLAIM THEMSELVES LEGENDS FOR BEATING STERN AND HIS MINIONS !!! I'm going to watch it too because I just want to see the upset so badly and if not, I want to see blood. ROCKETS RED ****ING BLOOD, all over the floor from Kobe, Pau, Joey Crawford :mad:

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It might be more important to have your family member achieve something in life, but that doesn't mean it's more important to watch it over something which gives you a lot of happiness as well.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Relax man...sounds like you are bracing for the worse. It's alright if we lose. Don't worry about the refs. That's fine because the whole nation will be watch (well, a lot of it). Don't watch and get frustrated, watch and enjoy because win or lose, this is historic as a Rockets game gets not being in the finals or being the 22nd consecutive game won.

12. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

You didn't miss much. You were better off attending a family member's graduation. Does that make you feel better?

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

damn I am so jealous that you didn't need to watch the game. You should appreciate your sister. She brought you a happier Sunday.