1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last Texas Team Standing!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by speedjames, May 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. speedjames

speedjames Contributing Member

Whether we lose this series or not, I'm proud to say that we've lasted longer than both the Spurs and Mavs. I say, this makes us the best team in Texas no question. Do you all agree? That's an accomplishment in my book. I will definitely be more proud to wear my Rockets gear when I'm visiting these rival towns. We have at least one year of bragging rights in Texas. Let's enjoy it!

2. Strato

Strato Member

Well heck yeah!!!!!! :p

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well if we lose then we lost the same round as Dallas.

Sure we lasted a game or two more but that isn't the goal, the goal is a Championship.

4. ebu

ebu Member

we were more competitive than dallas would of been with the lakers also imo

this team has shown a lot of heart this year and thats why this season has been a great success.....not a doubt in my mind that if we had yao, mutombo, and tmac this team would be in the finals and winning a championship

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

All three teams are not contenders. What difference does it make who stands last breathing. :confused:

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Debbie Downers coming out of the woodwork like Zombies!

Texas should be proud of its great trio of basketball contenders.

Rockets come out on top as far as I'm concerned, no matter the result.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't speak for Dallas but San Antonio fans are ALWAYS delusional about being contenders... and finally, we're not out of the playoffs yet, sir, or maybe you forgot?

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

After damn near 15 years of failure, I'm tired of moral victories.
    Just Win. :(

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If you didn't enjoy this season, GummiClutch, you may need to retire as a basketball fan.

10. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I enjoying the season, and Im not calling it over just yet like you hippieloser,
    but I am tired of making bs excuses as if those are victories.
    I am not satisfied.
    There were way more downs than ups this season.
    A win tonight would mean way more to me than 'last Texas team standing'
    a loss tonight means a blip in the scheduling, and we might as well just have been gone before or same time the Mavs. Gone fishing just a day apart. Whoopty Freakin Doo!

11. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

Is there some sort of trophy or ring the team gets for accomplishing this?? :)

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

To be honest, I am not happy with how this season is going so far. We had so much hope that I would be finally contending with the addition of Artest at the beginning of the season. I am proud of what our guys did so far in the playoff overall, but I can't say I am happen that the possibility we will be eliminated looming around tonight. :eek:

13. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

Before the start of the season our goal was just to get past the first round. What we're doing right now is bonus points to a very memorable season. I'm proud that this Rocket team was able to hold it down without Tracy and Yao, win or lose our boys have shown that they definitely do have the hearts of a champion.

I'm looking 4ward to next season, we're bound to have a season with all our Super Stars healthy....'09-'10, baby.

14. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

YallMean, everyone wants their team to win it all at the start of the season, and I still want them to and think they can. However, if by some chance they don't.... considering the injuries we've had, especially losing both of our big men, we have made a respectable run. I hope it keeps going, but if not give them a little credit for what they have accomplished.

If anything that I will leave this season disappointed about is the way the refs and the league management have turned completely into crap. It almost seems like the refs are forming their calls around style points or something... like it's figure skating.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Refs weren't the reason. If we still had Tmac and Yao, I think we would definitely beat LA and get a ring. What a waste!