1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jerry West: (Healthy) Rockets are only team that could play w/ Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zman2002, May 14, 2009.

1. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

I love Jerry West, man. He says it how it is, and back in the '01 season, him and fellow Top 50 Member, Rick Barry were like the only cats that thought Yao was worth the #1 Pick. But for the record, it doesn't take a nuclear physicist to see that when healthy Houston is obviously a top 3 team in the entire 'L'. Anyways, You teh man, Jerry, you...teh...man.

2. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

edit

'02 season, that is.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And we were 0-4 in the regular season against them, none of that stuff matters anymore.

In the regular season you might play the lakers as the 2nd game of a b2b or it might be a long road trip where your team is slumping or anything.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I pray that if we don't beat LA, that the Nugs will stick it to them.

Take out Kobe from LA, they couldnt make the playoffs. Their whole team is overrated, especially Walton. What a tool.

5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

It is disappointing. We could have been looking at WCF when healthy. Sigh. Can we be healthy next year? I just love this team and hope we'll stick to this team but work on the PG position. I have a love/hate relationship with Brooks...other than that, hopefully we'll make another run at WCF/Finals next year!

6. SeeingRocketRed

Dude, we're winning tonight. Pushing this ish to game 7, then we're pimp slapping them in LA. Now isn't the time to give up hope, now is the time when the Rockets need our hope more than ever before!

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i read this post and at first i was all :D , but then i was like :(

8. RokitFan

RokitFan Member

I'm proud of this Rockets team. West is giving us our props. More folks should understand what the Rockets have done (and are doing).

The Rockets are playing without Yao, Tmac, and Deke. Does anyone in the NBA believe the Lakers (or any other team) could have made it past the first round without Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum? The Rockets have...and they are giving the "best" team in the West fits right now..

Go Rox!

9. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I think West is right there... but I still don't get all the love for him.

He freaking gave away Pau Gasol to his former team for Javaris Crittendon (or whatever his name was). That has to be one of the most absurdly lop-sided "trades" ever. I still can't believe that it wasn't investigated. :mad:

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I'm pretty confident the Cavs will have no problem running wit the Lakers...
    I hope so at least.

GO ROCKET

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I've always liked Jerry West. This guy speaks the truth. There is a reason why he is the symbol of the nba logo. Gotta love this guy. :D :D

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I think Denver has a good chance to beat LA. Lakers are not that great as predicted. Houston is never heath, so if, or ifs are no longer questions.

13. redao

redao Member

that was some huge arrogance.

anything about Lakers is disgusting.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Screw Jerry West. That guy colluded with the Lakers when he was GM in Memphis -> basically handed over Pau Gasol for table scraps.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Thanks but no thanks, Jerry. While kind words are always appreciated, statements like this are going to look really dumb the next round if/when the Nuggets beat the Lakers.

Disclaimer: "If" the Lakers beat us first, of course.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

That's actually Chris Wallace that deserves credit for the dubious honor of handing over a star player in his prime to a conference rival thereby resurrecting a powerhouse and shifting the balance of power in the Western Conference.

Lucky for the Lakers too because that team would be complete garbage and first-round fodder without Gasol.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Chris Wallace is the GM of Memphis and the man responsible for the Pau deal.

West retired at the end of the 07 season.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just a back hand way of saying how great his Lakers are. Yeah, that's a lot of insight telling a guy who has just lost his arm, "If you had two arms, you would have been the only man on earth who could have a chance surviving a fight with me." :rolleyes:

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What will West say when the Cavs beat the Lakers (if they get that far) and Lebron thoroughly outplays Kobe.

20. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

kobe's contract is up after this season :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: