1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will be lucky if yao choose to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haoafu, May 12, 2009.

1. john7199

john7199 Member

you blame Yao for his injury is not fair. This is Rockets owner's fault, he doesn't do enough to care about Yao's wants and health but only the money comes with while Yao is staying with the team. So if I was Yao I would choose to leave because I wanted to have the ring for once in my life, and it doesn't seem to be happened in Houston by not having a good backup C and a good PG.
    Also last win, a lot of u said the team doesn't really need Yao anymore. If I was Yao, I would feel really bad and lost interesting to be playing here anymore because you guys're cold hearted.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good grief. Are we really expected to put up with such stupidity in this forum? Seriously? With all due respect.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Wow. There have been some bad posts today, but this one takes the cake. And that's saying a lot.

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly!!!...i don't know why people even bother debating this...yao will always be a rocket as long as he is playing in this league...from a bsuiness perspective it would be suicide to trade him...

from a basketball standpoint, it wouild be stupid to trade him too....Yao is a hard worker...and one of the top 2 centers in the league right now...injuries are part of the game....he was healthy the first 3 years..he might be healthy the next 3 years..who knows...I love the guy and everything he stands for adn i'm not a YOF...just a die hard rockets fan and season ticket holder....

5. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

In a fans perspective YES, but in a GM's perspective Yao is a money cow.

6. kawins

kawins Member

If you were referring to his English, you're the stupid one here. :eek:

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Who gives a flip about his English? I understood him perfectly well. Stupid would be trying to turn a basketball discussion into a tirade about racism. I'm sure that isn't your intent, right?

8. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

I'm part Chinese...so please don't take this the wrong way, but in the past Chinese reporters tend to mistranslate information...I'd place Chinese reporters in the same category as Mainstream American reporters (especially biased reporters from the FOX network)...I was born in America so please don't take this the wrong way as well...on the other hand, I do trust Jeff Van Gundy and if what JVG says is 100% accurate, we're going to be in for a really interesting off-season.

9. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

Excellent post ! These fans think Yao only deserves 9 mil are only talking
    trash. I can only wish David Stern does not care about financials and marketing so much.

10. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

Man, there is no need to jump all over him because he's only unhappy about
    the fact that the Rockets did not get Yao a decent back up and Yao was
    over-used and logged too many minutes. He did not hint anything this is racism. I think you are over reacted.

When you called him stupid, other people might just think you are pointing
    the finger at yourself. :D

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Please excuse me if I said, in effect, that his post was an exercise in stupidity. This was it, if you need your memory refreshed:

you blame Yao for his injury is not fair. This is Rockets owner's fault, he doesn't do enough to care about Yao's wants and health but only the money comes with while Yao is staying with the team. So if I was Yao I would choose to leave because I wanted to have the ring for once in my life, and it doesn't seem to be happened in Houston by not having a good backup C and a good PG.
    Also last win, a lot of u said the team doesn't really need Yao anymore. If I was Yao, I would feel really bad and lost interesting to be playing here anymore because you guys're cold hearted.

I'm sorry, but that is a stupid post. In fact, I would venture to say that if Yao saw it he'd shake his head and, in his polite way, disagree with it. Les has paid him tens of millions of dollars. Les has put up with Yao's extended play with the Chinese National Team every summer, which may very well be at the root of his foot problems. Understand that I applaud Yao's play for the Chinese Olympic Team. The man has never had a summer remotely like the summers most NBA players have. The fact that he has a unique body type that has historically been more prone to these types of injuries has never been an expressed concern of the people who control the National Team. Certainly, they have never acted like it was. If anything, were they able, he would probably spend the All Star break on a plane to China, so he could play exibitions.

The last sentence was a joke. If I didn't say that, I'm sure someone would think I was serious. The sentiment, however, is not an exaggeration.

12. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

You obviously don't bleed rockets red if you're willing to abandon this amazingly tought team just because Yao leaves.

Stop posing that you're a Rockets fan. You are a Yao fan. There is a difference between team nad player fans.

13. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

Yao's duty to play for team China was written into the contract before
    the Rockets drafted him. Les knew that. I don't like it either for Yao to
    play in those asian games.

14. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

People are overseeing the point that Yao is INJURY PRONE!

This isn't about whether Yao is a good enough player or not. The guy is a freaking beast. He is a great player. The problem is that he is a risk to take at a Max Contract.

Is the risk worth it? If he stays healthy, we can be an elite team. If he continues getting injuries every year, we will not make western conference finals for THE NEXT 10 SEASONS (i'm factoring rebuilding after Yao retires).

To be honest, based on the historical facts of Yao's career, it is more than likely that the latter will happen.

It's sad to say, because I like Yao, but if you are a rockets fan that wants to see RESULTS rather than great potential not translating into results, then you would prefer to let Yao go.

Just remember, we are not letting Yao go for nothing IF he is not resigned. We are letting him go for ALOT of salary relief.

For those who argue that we need Yao to attract other stars?
    The salary relief can bring in Bosh or Wade (I highly doubt Lebron will come here. He either resigns, or goes to Knicks).
    If we get Wade, we will have superstars wanting to join the team.

15. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

woaa you are smart, just because I said I will follow Yao means I would abandon the Rockets? You sir are an idiot. Did you even read the entire post?

16. john7199

john7199 Member

Ok, I also agree with you about playing for the National Team, but being a best basketball player in China, he has no choice but only to play for his country if he still wants to have a peaceful life. Maybe you don't know every sports players in China they're belong to the GoV. , and many Chinese people will be mad if he didn't play. So if you were him can you just simply turn your back when your country calls you in this situation? That's why a backup for Yao is important and Alex knows it and didn't do anything. so Am I stupid or just you are too simple?

17. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Then what are you doing on a ROCKETS forum. This is not the YAO forum.

18. holasoony

holasoony Member

I´m your fan!
    :D :D

1 person likes this.
  19. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

oh my god, you are a r****d. I will follow Yao if he leaves but the Rockets are my team!!! You don't understand english? JUST COZ I FOLLOW A PLAYER DOESNT MEAN ROCKETS ARE NO LONGER MY TEAM. GEEZZ.

20. kanariya

kanariya Member

With all the trade Yao talk....

Has anyone actually made a proposal about who can we ACTUALLY get by trading Yao?

Also if we are letting Yao go, who are we going after? Wade? LBJ?

These talks are so unrealistic.