1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tmac recovery time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jedicro, May 13, 2009.

1. ThaBlackKnight

Atleast some people understand...DD just doesn't know basketball if he really believes Tmac doesn't have talent and if he thinks Corey Maggette's efficiency is more valuable than Tmac's talent (Tmac is more efficient than Maggette, since CM averaged many more turnovers than assists throughout his career. That is what you call an inefficient and idiot ballplayer.

2. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

win /thread

3. ThaBlackKnight

To answer your question about Jordan's durability DD, Jordan missed 7 games after the 86 season until his last game as a Bull. He missed 22 his first season with the Wizards, but played in all 82 in his final NBA season at age 40.

No knock on Olajuwon, but he missed 200 games as a Rocket and he missed 21 games as a Raptor at age 39.

Jordan missed 92 games throughout 15 seasons. Missing only 71 through his first 13 seasons. (64 in the 86 season) Missed 7 games in 11 seasons after that with the Bulls. Also played all 82 his rookie season.

Olajuwon missed 221 games throughout 18 seasons.

So to answer your question, I am not using only memory to bring up this...its the facts DD.

4. ThaBlackKnight

I meant 2005 Game 7, Yao + Tmac = 60 points, rest of the team 16 points.

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Winnar. DD is becoming very annoying concerning Tmac. It's tired.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Guys I think we all know that we still really need McGrady. You guys might trash him all the time but when it comes down to it, we need a HEALTHY T-Mac to win it all. It would be foolish of us to get ride of him. Lex Alexander even said it himself that the Rockets arent getting ride of Tracy. He said that not many superstars like McGrady come along everytime. And please dont reply to me if your going to say something stupid about him and his injuries.

7. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

WINNER!!! I'm saving this post for future reference.

8. ThaBlackKnight

haha, thanks. Now time to send this small debate to John Lopez (790 AM) and Calvin Murphy, 2 other Tmac haters who convinced many through their radio show to think that way.

I agree injured Tmac hurts this team, but its foolish to say that a healthy Tmac makes us worse...even that idiot on ESPN and former player Jalen Rose knows that Tmac when healthy only helps the Rockets.

9. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

I made a thread telling people to admit how much we NEED McGrady to beat the Lakers after Game 3. I'm hoping everybody here is slowing beginning to see the light. TMac was hurt all season long and "fans" here have mistaken that Mac for the real Mac.

It really ruined his image and made people forget how dominant he was for us throughout his years in Houston. The system is perfect for him and Yao to exist. All the pieces are there. We overachieved this year big time and I really think we will be exponentially better once we fit a healthy McGrady into this sytem.

Resign Ron this summer is a priority. Next year, we make our REAL championship run. If THIS Rockets team can take 2 games for the Lakers, you can't even imagine what next year's team can do.

10. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

great post.

11. wheelmi

wheelmi Contributing Member

Yeah, but according to the three blind mice, it was McGrady's fault no one else could hit a shot...

12. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

T-MAC + FAKERS APRECIATION IN THE SERIES + LAZY PLAY + INJURIES + NO PLAY OFF ADVANCE = FAIL AND A SHAME :eek:

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

All star games? Are you kidding me? ALL STAR GAMES.....ROFLMAO......and didn't Tmac lead the Orlando Magic to like 17 wins in one season, then quit at the end?

Come on Black...how much is Tmac's PR agency paying these days?

I don't know how many points they might have gotten if Tmac was less selfish.....

:D

MJ had to learn to trust his teamates before he started winning too, or are you saying John Paxson, Luc Longley, BJ Armstrong, and Steve Kerr were all star quality players too?

Oh horse crap, he has been whining ever since Rick Adelman got here about his touches, he finally gets a team that he feels is great and he b****es and moans about his TOUCHES...give me a break.

The team started winning when he went out, they started playing TEAM ball, he came back, towed the company line for a while but gradually went back to ME-ball........still it did show promise....to bad it didn't stick.

You aren't stating facts you are stating opinion, and I can not help it if the Tmac hugger squad is falling for it....

I get that you like him, and think his pits don't stink, fine...

Me, I have seen enough of his blame everyone else attitude, his picking the other team when he is still on a team attitude, his quitting on the team attitude.

You can choose to ignore THOSE facts if you like.....not me.

Oh wait..."Carl Landry is out of position on that rebound that Tmac tipped away"....

ROFLMAO....not his fault though, I am sure, just ask him..he will tell you.

:D

DD

#153 DaDakota, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You know what Black, I think we agree on one thing, that we both hope he gets his health back.

Because the Rockets would get more value that way in a trade.

DD

15. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I just dont see how people can think that Tmac is a selfish player on the court, he is a very willing passer.
    And I only ever recall McGrady complaining about his touches this year?? and it may have been out of frustration because of how he wasnt healthy and playing crap.
    This team is in need of a creator when this offense dosent flow and a healthy Tmac is the man imo.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago, but I have lost complete faith in the man.

I do hope he gets healthy though, everyone should have their health.

DD

17. ThaBlackKnight

From my count, its 7 all star games more than many players. Some people have a break out year, and get an all star or 2. Some players aren't so lucky, because they have great competition at their position (Deron Williams), but I think its safe to say Tracy McGrady has earned his all star appearances, with among the likes of Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Ginobili, Melo, etc.

Okay, he had one losing season...try winning with Juwan Howard, Andrew DeClerque, Jarell Sasser, Jacque Vaughn, Reece Gaines, Pat Garritty, Pat Burke, Tyronne Lue, and any other piece of trash player they had that season, with Johnny Davis coaching them. Kobe missed the playoffs with Lamar Odom, Caron Butler in 2005 with Rudy T. coaching him.

I aint getting paid for this, I see a talented player who has taken WAYYY too much heat for the Rocket miscues...besides what happened to you not giving a ratt's butt about what he did in Orlando??

How can you say he was selfish...
    David Wesley 2/9 fg,
    Scott Padgett 1/6,
    Bob Sura 0/2,
    Jon Barry 1/6,
    Mike James 2/7,
    Ryan Bowen 0/2,
    Moochie Norris 0/1,
    Deke didn't take a shot.

Tmac held Nowitki to 14 points as well that game, he got to the free throw line 7 times, and he got Yao 23 shots. He himself didn't have a great shooting game, but how can he when his teammates outside of Yao can't hit a shot? You can honestly say, with statistical evidence that his role players didn't show up this series.

Its hard to continue to trust your teammates when they've failed you so many times b4 in the past. The players MJ eventually had around him, were MUCH better than what Tmac has around him, outside of Yao. His shooters didn't miss too many shots. I also said 5 QUALITY players, not 5 QUALITY star players...don't put words into my posts.

The first time I heard him whine about touches was this year...he didn't say anything last year. With the rebound thing, he said RA should've had Deke in there to get the rebound...which RA honestly should've. I agree that he shouldn't have whined about his touches, but I'm sure he was frustrated, and he said something that he shouldn't have said...which human being hasn't done that before?? Hell, Dwight Howard who has minimal post game and is a horrible free throw shooter was whining about getting the ball last night. I'm sure he'll regret it once he calms down.

The team last year started out 6-1 if I remember correctly, until one Tracy McGrady hurt his elbow, then he hurt his knee a month later. Thats when the Rockets really struggled. They didn't start winning a lot until he came back with the team from his knee injury. We also got rid of Mike James and Bonzi Wells, and also had an improved Scola and Landry.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl.cgi?player=mcgratr01&year=2008

From January 19th, 2008, Tmac's first game back from his knee injury, the Rockets went 33-8 to finish out the season, including the 22 game winning streak. Is it a big coincidence that we just happened to win most of our games when Tmac was there? I know an improved Scola and Landry were a big part of it. Also Rafer and Battier stepped up when Yao went out as well, but Tmac led this team last year. So that means we started out 6-1 and finished 33-8 when Tmac was relatively healthy...that means we win more with a healthy TMac. How can you accuse him of playing "me-ball"?? Game 6 last year vs. the Jazz

Tmac 40 points, 10 reb, 5 assists on 13/26 shooting 12/18 fts
    Scola 15 points 9 reb
    Battier 2/7
    Rafer 2/7
    B-Jax 2/12
    Hayes 1/1
    Novak 3/3 (only played 12 minutes)
    Landry 0/2
    Brooks 0/5
    Head 0/2
    Deke and Mike Harris didn't attempt a shot.

We were down by 18 with 4 minutes to in the 2nd qtar and Tmac had to bring us back single-handedly to within 4 points by halftime, by scoring 28 points in the first half. Didn't help that Rafer left the game in the last minute of the 2nd qtr with an ankle injury.

Enough with this picking the other team crap!! Last time I checked we lived in America! We have the Freedom of Speech! He isn't using any racial or sexist slurs, so get off the guys back about this! He isn't paid to talk, he's paid to play basketball. Honestly, I can care less about what he SAYS, when he's a Rocket...as long as he produces, I am fine with him. He isn't saying anything thats offending a group of people, I am okay with it. We are clearly a better team with him (just look at the records over the years). I mean, when you have to criticize what a guy says (something that isn't socially controversial) then you are clearly trying to target him man! You are losing your credibility with every ignorant post.

Criticize his game on the court, but enough with this "he said this, he said that, he hurt my feelings as a rockets fan" Get over it!! You're a grown a** man! If you don't like Tmac, too bad, cuz our owner aint trading him! Get over it...go root for the D-League team in one of the Dakotas if they even have one. You want this "team ball"...well, go watch NCAA, you won't be disappointed there. That is honestly true team ball at its best. The NBA brand is probably not for you, to be honest. Every good team has a "ball stopper" and a go to guy. Thats the only way you can survive in this league...just watch last night's game again if you don't believe me.

I'm laughing my a** off at you cuz you actaully believe all the s**t that comes out of your mouth and onto the computer screen...I hope you know your making yourself look like an ignorant fool! I hate to bring personal insults into this, but man you make it too easy...

18. ThaBlackKnight

I want him to get his health back, but I know we aint trading him...so I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Rockets uniform again, and get even further next year with the Rockets!

So basically, we don't agree on anything...

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

All I see is you making excuses for his continued failure.

Followed by uneccesary childish name calling because your favorite player is being criticized.

I have seen enough, and do not fall for his excuses any longer, and I do not for one second believe the Rockets will keep him.

Did you see how the Rockets got to the 2nd round this year playing without one person dominating the ball? You can't win in the playoffs when one guy is dominating the ball and shooting in the low 40% range.

I guarantee you that Morey and Les heard all those boos when he was at the game against Portland......his days as a Rocket are done.

I am sure you will have fun continuing to follow him wherever he lands.

Good luck with that.

DD

#159 DaDakota, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  20. bbjai

bbjai Member

thats probably one of the better analysis of it all. Especially in the playoffs it would extremely interesting for anyone to post what T-mac + Yao did vs Deron and Boozer and then compare it with "the rest of the players" vs our "rest of the players"