1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many of Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ibm, May 10, 2009.

?

Do You Believe We Can Win This Series?

Poll closed May 13, 2009.
  1. Rockets in 6.

148 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Rockets in 7.

143 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. Lakers will win the series eventually.

131 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. rocketsmetalspd

Have to go with 6. As a fan you have to go with our team. They will not quit and it will interesting to see how the Lakers play on Tuesday. They will feel the pressure and if the game is close the Rockets will win it by 6.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I knew the Lakers would have trouble adjusting to a smaller faster team when they've prepared for a Yao Min lead offense. However didn't think would humiliate them soooooo they have opened the door and we took advantage. Rockets need to win at home and take one of two in LA when we have nothing to lose! Lakers are in trouble mentally because if we continue to play well and steal game 5 they will start to sweat. They just dont have HEART enough to stop us once we get going. Weird to say but the 1st half of game 5 will be HUGE!

3. slugyang

slugyang Member

The team amazied us by this time. From now on everything is extra. I enjoy it. I am proud of them for having a Champion heart even when two core of the team injured out.

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

Much like Journey, I never stop believing.

5. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

winning 2 games against an NBA team that stern/refs push for is a championship team IMO

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I picked the Rockets in 6 before the series started.

This team has shown me no reason to go back on my prediction.

7. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

As fans, we believe that we can win any game against any team, but sometimes I think we take for granted what this team has accomplished this year. Made a playoff push and finished 5th in an incredibly good conference without our biggest superstar and after having traded our starting PG. Advanced to the second round for the first time in 12 years, despite not having HCA. Dismantled the Lakers only a day after learning that we just lost our All-Star center and most efficient offensive weapon.

This team has given all of us absolutely no reason to think they can't pull off an upset in this series. Go Rox.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I had predicted the Lakers in 6 before the series began, and I am forced to stick with my prediction (because changing a prediction makes it pointless...). I could still happen, too.

My guess is that it's either going to be Rockets in 6 or Lakers in 7. It all depends on game 5.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Man, I'd love the Rockets to win the series. It would be the best thing that has even happend since winning championships. To beat LA without Yao and Mac, would be just unbelivable.

But I still pick Lakers in 7.

10. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

Game 5 will decide the series. It almost always does when the series is split, it really makes u wish we could have won both home games...but should of, could of, would of...

Unfortunately, the Rockets winning this series has more to do with the lakers than the rockets. If the lakers don't respond well, we win. If the lakers are on, there is not much we can do to win. This series defensively we have played great all 4 games, the only difference has been turnovers every game. When the lakers are focused they wont turn the ball over, the question is can we do the same?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to say, I can't answer this poll, because I have always thought we had a chance to beat the Lakers.

My original prediction was Rockets in 6. That was before Yao went down.

Now I simply don't know. Anything could happen. It's anyone's guess. It's grit vs glitz. blue collar vs. hollywood. It's Houston vs. L.A. afterall, all the way down to the players.

I can't predict anymore, I can only sit back and watch and savor.

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

A better question perhaps is how many believe Kobe could continue his virtually unstoppable hot shooting like he did in game 2? He sure cooled off in game 3 but other Lakers stepped up. It also didn't help the Rockets were self-destructing on Friday.

The questions now are how many believe Brooks and Battier will continue to produce the kind of offensive output seen in game 4?