1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    WEST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the TWolves avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yao Ming appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, May 9, 2009.

1. tom84128

tom84128 Member

Great apprectiation.

We love you, Yao.

We know we can still count on you.

2. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

I can't imagine how he feels. Get well big fella.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yao is clearly one of the finest people in sports. He is intelligent, funny, and caring. A great ambassador for his country. I regret how much pain he has been through. He has worked and played hard, and deserves better. My guess is that he will likely retire. The left foot has had enough of the NBA; it has to serve him for his regular life. He has plenty of money. Yao, put that foot up, relax, get well, and enjoy your next career. It is time to be realistic about a chronic problem.

4. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

sad, sad story.

It puzzles me how this organization doesn't place getting a backup center a high priority.

5. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

You love T-Slack only, moron!

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yao is giving the rockets everything he has.

7. pumbaa

pumbaa Member

I really appreciate your effort for this season. The 1st playoff game with Lakers will always be in my memory.
    Never underestimate the heart of a champion! Get well soon, Yao!

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

He played the second half of the game with a broken foot, got to give the dude credit for that, he's a true warrior. I wouldn't want to see him traded, I think he's great, he just needs some bigger bodies to battle with him down low. Landry and Scola are too small to be bangers, we need a legit PF/C who can play both positions and take some minutes away from Yao. He's probably reached his peak as a player, yet I'm happy with what he brings to the table, hell if we had 22 million to spend to replace T-Mac with, this team WOULD make it all the way to the finals! Even without Yao.

Yao Ming a Rocket for life!! :D

9. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

I don't think he will be forced to retire by this injure. Granted it was on the same foot, but these types of injuries typically heal on itself and he should be just fine once it's healed up. He should be back to healthy at the beginning of the next season. Whether he would be healthy at the end would be the biggest question.

It's a shame that he had to go down every season like this. He worked so hard to get better, and he was playing the finest basketball in his career this season. Although it sounds like day dreaming now, but let's hope for an injury free season next year.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yao has his weaknesses, but he has fought for the honor of the team and has been a proud member of the Houston Rockets. Being able to play through injuries really speaks volumes about his character.
    The rest of the team owes it to him to give their 100% in every game.
    Get healthy Yao. We are all pulling for you.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm just glad, if it had to happen. It happened now.

If this had happened during the regular season. :eek:

It seems inevitable. Yao = injury prone......TMAC = injury prone.

The end of this Franchise it seems.....or era that is. The TMAC & Yao experiment seems to be officially dead.

Yao can not be the main focal point of our offense anymore. He'll make a great compliment with limited minutes......well not limited, but less than he has now.

Dude has some epic skills....but his body.

Ugh.

Time for our smalls to shine. Go ROckets....come on Landry!

12. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Yao, you've been the pillar of our Rockets, and the pride of our people.

You deserve much more than all that's happen to you. Get well soon big guy.

PS - Take some extra calcium! ;)

13. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

Hope you be healthy soon
    Hope you get your rings soon
    Go YAO!
    Go THE WARRIOR!

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Yao is a great in the truest sense. He's just a great human being, not just because his "Chinese Culture" (look at Yi and his attitude) but rather he's one of the noble warriors that you only read about in books and novels.

15. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Then let's have a *ROCKETS* appreciation thread instead of just a Yao one. Dumb azz.

16. bluegold

bluegold Member

There's a very good chance Yao may have played with the fracture in his foot for quite a few games, maybe the entire playoffs so far. What a stud. Love you, big guy!!

17. Cha Sui Bao

Cha Sui Bao Member

You're the best Yao. It's sad that some ppl on this broad can't appreciate u no matter what you do. Get well soon and we'll see you next yr! you proved yourself a warrior this year!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yao Ming, living proof that "karma" is a non-existent fairy tale myth.

19. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

He's the real warroir. he gave us everything he got this season. hope that YAO will get well soon.

20. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Get well Yao.....We will make a title run next year ....you are a true warrior...great role model and teammate...