1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I don't know butI would say it happened in this series. He was playing pretty well until game two.

anyway, they had Deke for half a season and didn't play him at all. Not sure when they will figure out they need a high quality backup so he can make it to the playoffs. Maybe this will finally shake their tree!!

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Oh man............I just found out :(

3. Norway's Winter

they called it a 'hairline fracture' and therefore no surgery necessary...

4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

The alarm came after his sore foot before the NOH game on Apr. 11. He was prob playing like this the whole time.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Working hard to get my fill,
    everybody wants a thrill
    Payin' anything to roll the dice,
    just one more time
    Some will win, some will lose
    Some were born to sing the blues
    Oh, the movie never ends
    It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to that feelin'
    Streetlight people

6. dave18

dave18 Member

It's absolutely disappointing and sad to see Yao injure and say goodbye again before the end of the season. But guys, we gotta admit that Yao has been playing much better this season than previously. Although his numbers dropped, he now plays at a more consistent level and with much more confidence than he used to. The best thing is that the team is playing the smartest basketball in several years and they made it to the second round.
    Yes, this team is still not the best, and not a real title contender yet, but with smart moves in the offseason, they can totally be one next year. Guys, let's enjoy the rest of the playoffs and wait for an even stronger Rockets team next season.

7. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

(shakes head) You are to Yao Ming as Antisonic is to Tracy McGrady. You've never been a Yao fan, but you're "ecstatic" that Yao is out? That ceases being rational criticism, being down on a guy, or thinking that Yao isn't the team, and enters the bleak wasteland known as blind haterism.

8. withYAO

withYAO Member

Yao in your eyes is only a goods?

9. snowmike

snowmike Member

Stop over reacting guys...
    Do you guys really want a "limping" yao on the floor that let others block his 1 feet layup/dunk?
    We better off with Landry and Hayes in the middle vs Lakers. We can still win it!

Get well soon, see you next year yao!

10. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

He is a warrior, it doesn't change the fact that he is injury prone.

11. fishguy

fishguy Member

Let's see in the rest Rox can beat the LA or be beated.
    And to YAO, i think it enough for the Rox. As so many fans want you go, just go for the new team for the champoin, for the team which know use you better.

12. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

[​IMG]
    But, da head ... who will eat it?

13. PeekingDuck

PeekingDuck Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Yao get blown up every single time the opponent runs a pick and roll against him?

If I'm wrong then fine, but if what I say is correct I don't see how we can ever "build" around such a defensive liability. Sure he scores and alters some shots, but I wonder how we'd do with just an adequate and mobile 5?

Peek

14. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

My heart is broken.

15. Diggler

Diggler Member

Yao needs to eat what Shaq eats. **** the Chinaman's diet. Chinese food lacks nutrition.

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Say whaaaaa?

Yao has incredible heart and plays hard every single night and I want him on the team. It just kills me to see him go down like this every year. I feel so terrible for him.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yao needs to drop about 30 lbs and come back and play at a lighter weight. He needs to play most of the season light, then maybe bulk up to 300 lbs at the end of the season if even then. They are making him play at too heavy a weight. The NBA is past the Shaq era. And we're still trying to get Yao to play in Shaq mode. Hopefully the Rox will see he needs to drop about 30 lbs and come back lighter and quicker.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

dont worry, we made second round without tmac, we will go to the western finals without Yao, then we will win the championship without artest..... Scola finals MVP

19. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

if yao is our main guy,why we dont get a backup c?i hope our team's owner is cuban,at least he would like pay more

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, a curious case of Houston Rockets indeed.