1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick Adelman: It's Time To Make Adjustments NOW!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Little Bit, May 9, 2009.

1. blender

blender Member

How about getting Artest to defend Kobe Bryant?

I think our team defense is suffering because Battier is spending all his energy on Bryant. Let Battier play a bigger role on team and help defense, and the team can concentrate on stopping everyone else not named Kobe.

Bryant will probably score even more, maybe hit 50, but if we can shut down everyone else, we'll have a chane to squeeze out wins.

Since he'll be chasing Bryant around all game, give Artest a rest and make him more of a facilitator than scorer on the offensive end. Give more of the offensive burden on Scola and Battier instead, as we did in Portland.

But I admit the strategy is radical and could backfire.

2. landoo

landoo Member

To be honest...
    It is too late to make the adjustment now...

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Well hopefully you're about to be destitute because that's the only way we're winning this series (assuming Yao Ming doesn't miss any games).

4. choujie

choujie Member

To be honest, Adelman doesn't have too much cards in his hand to make significant effective adjustment. Wafer? Failed. Barry? failed. Deke? gone. Tmac? Gone. Great PG? None.

5. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

If Fisher doesn't play, bench Aaron.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I disagree. I don't think the Rockets were just satisfied with a game 1 victory. The Rockets went into LA knowing they could steal at least a game and win the series.

Did you see the look on Yao's face tonight? Did you see how mad Scola and Artest was? Did you see Shane working his butt off guarding Kobe and not letting up on any plays? Did you see the hustle of Landry and Lowry? That's not a team that does not have heart or desire. They just don't have a consistent floor general to execute the gameplan. That's why the game looks out of control and the players get frustrated.

7. Super Von

Super Von Member

Odom is killing Scola.

In every way.

8. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

I think we need to put Landry in the starting lineup. Hes quicker than Scola.

9. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

This series AINT OVER. We need to find other where Game 1 Brooks went and bring him back. That's the only adjustment need be made.

Whenever our starting PGs produce, we beat the Lakers. Simple as that. Held true when Rafer was here; still true now with Brooks.

10. HookemHorns1250

It isn't even close to being Yao's faults for the lack of boards. I get sick and tired of watching Areza/Odom/Kobe fly into the lane untouched. Every player has to box out. If one player doesn't, that creates second chance opportunities, which we cannot afford to give a talented team like the Lakers.

11. MadSkillz

MadSkillz Member

1) Start Lowry-- bench AB, I'm tired of his ineffective play.

2) Put Artest on Kobe, move Shane to guard Ariza-- Kobe seems to be lighting Shane up right now so time to mix it up!

3) Replace Scola with Landry-- I think he matches up better against Odom

4) Make sure Yao gets at least 15-20 shots a game!!!

Do these things and I think this series will turn around....

12. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

We need change a way to guard Kobe, block his eyes is not enough.Shane shoud stay closer,make him go inside,and bloked by Yao or Landary.Not just him jump and shot

13. Super Von

Super Von Member

If Adelman doesnt at least try to double Kobe he's just not trying.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can white with his athleticism and hops guard kobe?

15. Cav000

Cav000 Member

RA have nap habit in the 3rd quarter??
    Or we just start to switch the break-down time , from 4th to 3rd?

Game2 's lose from the 3rd, this game , the same.

And the phenomenon are same, RA dont timeout when needed, badplay guy still in and turnovers more.

Is this RA 's couching :confused:

really dispointed.

plus, if dont cut RA's time, WE WONT HAVE ANY POSSIBILITES TO WIN
    i wont waste my time on watching such BAD COUCHING

16. rockets86

rockets86 Member

He can not do worse than Shane. Shane needs to be smarter. He needs to mix up his defense, like going for the block sometime instead of just a hand in front of the eyes of Kobe (that is too predictable for Kobe). I would even try poking his eyes once in a while and pretend it was a accident. A good eye poke should affect his shooting for the whole game. Have you guys ever been poke in the eye? You know how that feels for the day. Shane is too nice of a guy...NICE GUYS NEVER FINISH FIRST.

17. Cav000

Cav000 Member

Artest can't guard Kobe, his strenth do nothing help on Kobe's swift. Shane could be one good guard on Kobe, though he sored so much.

Scola is a scoring point, Landry's not able to fire like Scola do

18. Cav000

Cav000 Member

Such use of Ron. Could be a good idea. :) worth trying
    just hope Ron wont get burnt by Kobe's trash words

19. rockets86

rockets86 Member

Were you drunk when you posted this? I am not sure what are you trying to say here.

20. Asian Sensation

Lowry
    Artest
    Landry
    Hayes
    Yao

That should be our starting lineup.