1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao injured ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, May 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yao should be playing this way:

First 8 minutes of 1st quarter

Last 8 minutes of 2nd quarter

First 8 minutes of 3rd quarter

Last 10 minutes of 4th quarter

2. Tuan

Tuan Member

He was looking pretty good through one and half quarters. I hope it isnt anything too serious.

3. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

This guy has to look like Kevin Garnett (right now) or worse when he is running for him not to play. He's too tough to dodge this game, he knows how big these games are. Rest and surgeries are in the off-season not the playoffs. Ray Allen described in perfectly about being tired and you get a whole off-season to rest on that.

Yao is going to play if you ask me, I don't see how he can't. He has to seriously hurt himself if he's not going to play.

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WTF ? This is a translation ? :confused:

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Sorry man, I copy and pasted it and it gave me that. Im going to try again.

6. Tuan

Tuan Member

Feigen, in his article, just stated that the injury isnt considered serious. I suppose that is enough to make me sleep a little better.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he DIDNT want to come out himself...that's the only reason he stayed in, he refused to sit and get looked at..

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

A bruise on your shin is easy to feel and know you'll be ok, a twisted ankle isn't always so easy to diagnose based on feel, that's why he's hesitant, i dont think he knows anymore than we do, he has to wait for the tests..

9. zjuzhyin

zjuzhyin Member

Don't bother trying to understand that piece of "news", my friend.
    The last sentence is the same: Yao said they have to determine the situation after a running test tomorrow morning

At the beginning, it said (the injury) "looks" severe, and it "might" cost Yao the next game, but "details come after the running test".

In between, it said Yao was serious limping in the 4th quarter, have to be helped into the tunnel and limped all the way to the locker room.

Plus, things changed a little bit before Yao finally come out at the conference, originally they said after shower Yao would go to gym for some exercise, and meet the media in the locker room; but soon after they noted that Yao would attend the conference, then comes what we saw on TV

Also some citation from Yao on the conference

nothing too valuable, just keep fingers crossed

10. Glacier

Glacier Member

Even it's not serious, I doubt if Yao could play any better in the remaining games. It's too hard to play through combination of knee and ankle sores.

11. ibm

ibm Member

so yao pulled a melo or wafer? why didn't adelman send yao off to the locker room? :D

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let me say this ONE MORE TIME. YAO DID NOT WANT TO COME OUT. he didnt even let Jones take a look at it during their timeout. He wanted to stay in. At the time it didnt seem that severe and Yao shrugged it off. Adelman can't just sit him anytime Yao's got something hurting, if that was the case he would have kept him out in game one and we would have lost..

13. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

http://sports.sohu.com/20090509/n263862629.shtml

ZhangYi of sohu.com reported in the above article that Yao doesn't look good in the locker room. He grimaced when he soaked his legs into the ice water and he shout out load when he sit down after the bath.

But I disagree with a part ZhangYi reported, where Yao answered a question about the history of his left ankle. ZhangYi wrote in the article that Yao replied that he was playing with that injured ankle whole season but I believe Yao was saying that he had hurt that ankle before (a straight answer to the original question since he was asked if that ankle was hurt/sprained before) then follow up saying that he had played with that ankle for whole season but has not had any problem with it.

14. zjuzhyin

zjuzhyin Member

Thanks for the efforts, my friend,

But that is really nothing valuable,

most of the quotes we've seen from TV
    Just add some inside stuff that the plan on where Yao will meet journalists changed a little bit.

The writer did lots of "reasoning", "observing" and "guessing"

Yao limped and helped to the locker room->the plan changed->Yao limped to the conference, then they conclude that "30 minutes and counting it still did not release, boy that must be severe..."

Not the best source for information

15. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

According to Jason Friedman, Yao will have precautionary CT scans tomorrow.

Link:

http://twitter.com/rocketsjcf

16. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I kind of agree with you here. I think part of Yao's hesitation was wondering if he had enough time to shake off the pain by Sunday's game.

Now I wish we could have a 2-day break like round one.

17. zjuzhyin

zjuzhyin Member

I hope Yao's situation will push NBA to cancel Ron's Flagrant 2...

18. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

It seems like I've been wanting a legit backup center forever.

19. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

Yao cound`t be better for sure,and he is declining in creaer

20. zjuzhyin

zjuzhyin Member

Anybody better than Tsakalidis or Jackie Butler is expensive like hell...