1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 108, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2009.

1. ringin08

ringin08 Member

Are you related to Keith Jones? Or do you work for the Lakers?

2. 1individual

1individual Member

Our HC stinks. We play with more energy on the road

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The less Ron dribbles, the better.

4. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Don't hate the PG's but their play tonight was "inexperienced" to say the least. The playoffs are about control and they had little to none tonight.

If Battier can get his hand in their face before they let it go why can't he move it up some to get it in front of the ball? And if his defense isn't making that much difference in Kobe's game then he should try some offense to help out. I am ready to cut him loose for next season. He can score more, but he just doesn't.

Ron just snake bites himself driving into three defenders constantly. Ok, do it when there aren't 3 7's in the game.

We are at that point to where we are just shy of a competitive bucket with the Lakers. If someone doesn't crack Kobe across the nose before the series is over then it will be a double loss.

5. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

although I do think we probably lost the series tonight, I dont think it is bc they outclass us. We just played terrible and missed wide open 3's and shots around the rim, and they made some unreal shots.
    We can beat them, it is just if we do it. We needed to put the pressure on them but if we can avoid self-destructing, we can have a shot.
    Otherwise, we will go down 4 - 1. Damn I hate those LA punks!

6. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

WE HAVE TO FOCUS ON OFFENSE WE CAN'T TAKE POSSESIONS OFF. WE DON'T DO IT ON DEFENSE AND WE CAN'T DO IT ON OFFENSE . WE HAD THIS GAME IN THE THIRD ARE D WAS COMING THROUGH. AND WE JUST PLAYED OFFENSIVELY BRAIN DEAD!

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

We played really hard, weathered the storm in the first. Turnovers are really killing us. Nobody played excellent to make up the talent gap. We didn't get enough scoring from the bench, Wafer was 2-10. We need more from Scola, and Yao missed a few easy shots, and was blocked 3 times. AB's 7 points, 1 assist, and 3 turnovers is just not enough.

There is still hope, if Yao's injury isn't serious and Ron isn't suspended next game. That was no way a flagrant, not to mention a flagrant 2.

I saw posters saying that RA didn't play the second unit enough, but he had no choice, Wafer didn't provide the offense they needed, so RA had to put Yao back in for Hayes. Unfortunately, Yao got 3 great opportunities in a row in the 3rd, but blew all of them. Was he just tired or already somewhat injured at that point?

The game was lost in the 3rd, on talent and luck.

8. Cotovelo_

Cotovelo_ Member

this series isn't over

Rockets 4-3 i believe!

9. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

I didn't look at stats , but I can tell for sure when the following things will happen , you can't beat La :
    a. not making free jump shots , threes and FT's
    b. not taking care of the ball .
    c. Farmar playing out of his mind.

We were carless with the ball and it cost us the game .
    Rockets get's an A for effort , F for offensive execution , B+ for defensive execution.

10. rocketsmetalspd

I hate the fact that some here looking forward till next season. This is a damn 7 game series. Can not quit on the team now. Rockets will win on Sunday and go back to LA tied 2-2 and then it will be anybodys series. Rockets will still win, I will not give up on this team untill it is really over.

11. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

I'm looking forward to next season. But looking more forward to the game on Sunday

12. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

IT'S A SEVEN GAME SERIES WE HAVE TO COME OUT TO PALY THE TURNOVERS KILLED US. IMEANWE OUTREBOUNDED THEM BY 13 AND SHOT ABOUT THE SAME PERCENTAGE. THEY HIT THREES WE DIDN'T. AND WE MISSED A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF BASKETS AT THE RIM IN THE THIRD AND IT'S WHY WE LOST.

WE CAN AND I THINK WE WILL WIN THIS SERIES. CLUTCHCITY BABY1!

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

uh........how about no??? how about ur a lost r****d who calls himself a rockets fan???

whats wrong with me criticising aaron brooks??!!! so ur saying 32423 other ppl on this board are not doing the same thing?? how about instead of farting through ur brain and fingers you go checkout the game thread and see how many posts were published on brooks pathetic play...whining??? well ur so cool..taking a backseat while another passionate fan reacts to the game with genuine comments.......once again go check how many ppl said something negative about brooks and then get back to me kthnx

I don't know about you, but there's nothing worse than a random homo who calls himself a "fan" while not giving a damn about a player's oncourt performance...you pretend to be okay with everything but obviously you know there is something wrong with the way the team is going...

me repeating the same message??? well why didn't martin luther king just mumble out: "race rights for africannn americans" nd be done with it?? so I see...in ur view we all just gotta be like...ab is bad...and be done with it...okay I see artest agrees with u on the same thing when it comes to words with kobe...

dude...........

14. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Yea, but in a single game the difference between 39% shooting and kobe's normal shooting is only like 1 or 2 made baskets.

That is not worth the HUGE amount of offense we give up by playing Battier the entire game.

I like battier and he has been huge for us at times. But to take it to the next level we need to realize that this kind of 'GREAT' defense on kobe if not worth having Battier out there if Battier is only going to put up 6 points a game.

15. 1individual

1individual Member

I agree with W22, enough is enough.

16. roxwin

roxwin Member

come on,guys.sounds like you are giving up,its 2-1,we sure have a chance to make 2-2 and they lost hca too,but they didnt give up.

BEAT LA,GO ROX

17. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Games like this is the reason we NEED healthy McGrady.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

At this point I'd take 12/6 and the ability to throw an entry pass

19. Donatello

Donatello Member

Exactly!

Both Artest and Brooks overdribbles. Nothing good happens when these two hold the ball for longer than three seconds. Artest sometimes makes good decisions; unfortunately for tonight, those occasions were rare. Brooks on the other hand seems incapable of making plays for others. He should be a scoring sixth man. That way, he doesn't need to think too much, and only be aggressive and attack.

20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

so sad.
    I was really excited about coming home for this game. I felt 100% confident that we would be firing full strength and really win this game dominantly like game 1.
    Maybe Kobe really was sick in game 1. Our PGs looked out of sorts at the start of this game. Brooks continued in the same vein but Lowry got his head on straight and played well for the second half.
    This game felt just like a regular season game where we had no oomph or energy starting the second half.
    Too many turnovers as well. It was ridiculous how often they turned over the ball in the 2nd quarter. You could almost set your watch by it.
    Who do we hold accountable and how?