1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chant suggestions for Games 3 and 4 (but, keeping it classy)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garthomps, May 7, 2009.

1. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Although I like the spirit of this thread, it's a futile effort. We had the same discussion before the series came back here for game 3 against Portland, and although there were many worthwhile suggestions, the crowd predictably settled with the "Portland Sucks" chant . . expect a lot of "L.A./Lakers Suck(s)" tonight and Sunday [sigh]

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Do-IT-4-Di-kem-be Mu-tom-bo Mpo-londo Muk-amba Jean-Jacques Wa-mu-tom-bo. Look I really think Rockets Fans could do it. But maybe they should practice like an hour before the game to get it down right. :D :D

3. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

When Kobe steps up to the free throw line, instead of M-V-P, chant " A-S-S, A-S-S, A-S-S"

Ok may not be classy, but gets the point across about how exactly we feel towards him.

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

As I mentioned, I am a Rowdy and I've gotten the entire arena to follow suit before in the playoffs. I'm certain the atmosphere tonight will let me do it again ...if we can find the right chant.

I'm positive "TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES" won't fly getting the whole arena to join in ...as funny as it is.

I'm thinking the winner is "KOBE's DIRTY" unless somebody comes up with something better soon.

Reminder, it has to be really easy that people can pick it up. No more than 3-6 syllables.

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

That would be aweosoe

6. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

What about...

"Hou-ston has bet-ter free-ways than LA" clap clap clapclapclap

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I think Kobe would be more pissed if we just ignored him. Kind of like how Battier was. We should chant Battier instead of anything Kobe.

8. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

wow tons of horrible suggestions in here...keep it simple...You want to bother Kobe and bring attention to the world how dirty they are. Top 2 IMO are:

Dirty Kobe clap clap clapclapclap

No means no!

Fans is short for fanatics...**** class...

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Taste my ass?

10. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Ok, instead of the chant, "Let's Go Rockets" clap clap clap-clap-clap

We should cheer, "How's My Ass Taste?" clap clap clap-clap-clap

we just need to bribe the teleprompter guy to change the words on the screen. Who can pull that off?

11. aragorn

aragorn Member

fakers-and-talkers

12. danny317

danny317 Member

"MO-E-SHA"

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I like "Overrated" but it would be hilarious if the crowd suddenly broke out with the hook of the H-Town classic joint "Wannabe a Baller" by Lil Troy every time Kobe or Gasol got the ball.

Wanna be a -- baller, shot caller

Don't bring my darling Brandy into this.

14. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

How about every time Kobe misses a shot, while Shane is guarding him, we chant "Who's your Daddy, Battier!"

15. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I will go a different direction and suggest some Chinese chants. Obviously you will need to get the Rox to help with something on the Jumbotron.

From this old Brian Kagy thread (Clutchfans is a wealth of knowledge and information ;) ):

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=35256

Of course, the Rox may not help with the last two :D .

Ideally, many Chinese fans in the crowd will pick it up without any help.

16. ABtheTerrorist

I was reading this article a couple of months ago in SI or ESPN the mag,cannot remember which, and it was talking about hecklers.

They said some of the most effective 'hecklings' were when things were personal.

People would scream while the crowd gets quiet,typically during the home teams free throws, towards the player something personal.

And by personal, I do not mean 'Colorado' personal but the name of the players 2nd grade teacher or their dog.Seems like it was something random but enough for the player to at least think about it or make him want to reply to it.

I went to the Wikipedia, and of course there is a wealth of knowledge there.Someone in the lower bowl just yell: Pamela Cox while its quiet-thats KB's mom.Or yell:Brande-his prom dàte.

I don't have an answer here but I think someone here can run with.
    I am sure it would be difficult for a chant but maybe someone here has incredible seats and will may be close enough to get KB's attention.

17. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

I like this one because it is so true not a lie.

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The goal is to get 17,000 people to join in. People won't get it if we yell Pamela Cox.

I think "DIRTY KOBE" is the best idea yet.

19. danny317

danny317 Member

any italian speakers on this board?

kobe is fluent in italian. i think he wouldnt expect to hear something in italian...

20. ABtheTerrorist

I don't think we can get 17,000 fans to chant Pamela Cox either. I am just trying to get us to think outside the box a little bit.

If we could just get something going that just breaks his concentration for one play, that would be awesome.

And thank you for what you do for the Rockets,Rowdies, and this board.

I do like chanting the ideas of chanting 'Shaq' and 'MVP' for whoever is shooting fts on our team