1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick sends Von to the locker room (UPDATE: Adelman says issue settled)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, May 7, 2009.

1. rocketswinitall

despite the good news, do u still think that von will not be on the rockets next year? is there a chance he does resign here or we will offer him a contract?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

the Lakers are going to try to insight a fight with Wafer... he's too weak minded.

3. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

On my way to home from work I heard 610AM's sports flash say that Wafer would be in uniform tomorrow but that Adelman was non-committal on whether he would actually get playing time.

4. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

do you guys have ever seen Wafer cheering for his teammates on the bench??

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Same here. The guy was fired up and overreacted. It should be an easy thing to put behind them.

6. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

Yes.
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhJbaZ9QZF4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhJbaZ9QZF4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

7. choujie

choujie Member

That was off the court, I believe.

8. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Not one bit of b****ing should be allowed when the COACH has to observe what's going on on the court, think of strategies/plays pretty fast, or tries hard to take out Phil Jackson's team for the first time in his career.

It was NECESSARY to sustain a disciplined team, as well as for the sake of the game as it was about time for Rick Adelman to mount a comeback push.

9. echu888

echu888 Member

Yes, from what I've seen he's an enthusiastic supporter of his teammates.

10. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

WRONG, that play resulted in a jump ball between Vuja and Von, Von tipped it to Lowry. no TO, get your facts str8

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

how the mighty have fallen meaning tmac coming back to replace von wafer of all people wow.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This will have no impact at all on him signing here...it was a young player loosing his cool.

Happens a lot...big deal...Adelman is not insecure enough to let it go on, like our last coach was...

:D

DD

13. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Wafer actually threw a hissy fit during Game 6 (I believe) against Portland. The Rockets struggled to score at the beginning of the 4th quarter and he made the only bucket a couple minutes in. Right after that, he got replaced and was visibly upset on the bench.

14. slugyang

slugyang Member

Just guess. Adleman trusts AB more than Von. He used double PG and Von has less time, so they argued and so on.

15. TheBigAristotle

Lol, I get a kick out of your article Clutch. Why is everyone overreacting about this?

It's not a big deal at all. There's no "this is going to haunt him the rest of his career". Rofl.

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

It is something to be somewhat concerned about. How many young guys come into the league every year and how many do we hear about that had to be sent to the locker room by their coach? His Mowhawk haircut is a little bit of a flag about maturity to begin with.

The main reason he gets pulled from games is the game is usually close and he makes mistakes that the team can't afford at this level. Sure he brings energy but sometimes that energy can result in bad decisions and cost games. We're at a point where a tight rein has to be put on mistakes.

17. vslap

vslap Member

It does seem to me that at times RA will pull a guy out of the game that is on a scoring run. I'm sure he has his reasons but at those times I wish he would wait until that player's shooting cools off before subbing them out.

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Von made a stupid mistake but look some of you need to learn to take the good along with the bad. This was the guy just a week ago today who had a back issue and was so determined he was able to clear himself for a critical game against Portland. He needs to shape up but we don't want him to ship out.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Here's more on the incident.. Thanks Clutch and Raheel!

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1533/adelman_speaks_on_von_wafer_incident/

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Adelman handled this very well. Hope Wafer takes out on the Lakers tomorrow.