1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rick sends Von to the locker room (UPDATE: Adelman says issue settled)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, May 7, 2009.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Von is a big LOSER. You can tell he's not a team player even on the bench.

We will win without this guy. No big loss.

2. Asian Sensation

Excellent point.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this has me concerned Von played a good first half (7 points i believe on 3 or 4 shots) and i think he was mad that he wasnt in the game. i dont remember exactly when it happened but i bet it was in the third when the lakers went on their run.

I think von is very hot and cold but has low bball iq out there. he hardly passes the ball and takes a lot of shots. When he is hitting his shots he is amazing but he is not hitting then he is dangerous to his own time since the ball hardly comes out of his hands. (remember when artest joked about giving him money for every 5 assist game he has?)

4. Super Von

Super Von Member

They need to get this settled. We dont know what it was about. Hard to believe he was complaining about PT during a game like that.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

say bye bye to Von as a Rocket...

6. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I like Von Wafer and all but it doesn't matter what he said. Obviously he was crossing the line. Adelman isn't some hothead who kicks people off the bench all the time. If Adelman was pushed to do that, Wafer must have been out of line. Wafer is basically a rookie who has bounced from team to team and is lucky to even have a spot on the Rockets. He needs to shutup and sit on the bench until he is called upon. He has no right to question ANYTHING Adelman does because who the hell is Wafer to question what a coach who has been in the league for 20+ years and won hundreds of games? Brent Berry has won a ring, NEVER plays, and you don't see him getting in altercations and being sent to the back.

I think we now know why Wafer wasn't able to stick anywhere. The guy is talented but not talented enough that coaches will put up with crap from him.

7. itony

itony Member

who knew so many people would jump off the "super von" bandwagon

all of a sudden we don't want him signing? come on guys.
    sure he hasn't played well lately but he has played well all season and surprised us all. Even with that said he has always had very limited minutes and wouldn't that piss any of us off if we played well but never got a chance to show what we could do with more minutes?

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Von being tossed by the coach is more worrisome than Ron being tossed by the refs.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ha! Just kidding.

Here you go:

No, it's actually because the rest of your post was just as pointless and didn't deserve to be repeated. Seriously. Get over yourself. You're wrong, but I admire your passion.

In fact, your passionate attempts to make yourself understood remind me of a certain Mohawk-sporting Rocket. :D

And for what it's worth, I love Wafer. But I love the Rockets more.

10. yaorta

yaorta Member

i hope it wont' hurt our play in this series

11. yearning

yearning Rookie

Obviously Wafer is reluctant to stay in the second lineup and may lost control of that. :rolleyes:

12. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I don't like Wafer, he's not a team player and his basketball IQ is low. and I hope this won't affect team chemistry.

1 person likes this.
  13. Vrazz

Vrazz Contributing Member

Well....I said that todays game would be make or break for Von. And I think he blew it today. This is the playoffs and he wants to buck up to the coach? How stupid can Von be.

I hope that whatever went down between them can be rectified...Because we need him this series. But what he did crossed over the line. If Adelman doesn't play him anymore this season...I understand.

I hope Von gets another chance and truly recognizes his mistake...But I think he is too self minded to realize it. (I hope I'm wrong)

It was fun while it lasted Von....Have fun in Europe next season.

14. engr chris

engr chris Member

Wafer is screwing himself of a big contract this offseason. He has no right to act like that. Adelman is the reason why he is in the NBA in the first place.

15. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but if Rick Adelman can't handle you (after he's shown remarkable patience and the ability to effectively manage guys like Bonzi Wells and Ron Artest), then there's something wrong with you. Von Wafer is done as a Rocket. It's about trust. Adelman can't trust him at this point after his insubordination. Over. It's like when Van Gundy said that he wouldn't accept any knuckleheads on his team. We don't have room for knuckleheads on this roster.

Which got me thinking about a recent post I saw from Rip City Project about the 8 most annoying players left in the playoffs. It obviously cited Sasha Vujacic of the Fakers. But the most annoying Rocket?

* Houston: Von Wafer

This was a tough one seeing as how the Rockets just bounced Portland from the playoffs. They definitely aren’t my favorite team right now. It was really hard not to go with Luis Scola here, but I respect his game. Von Wafer on the other hand….no, no, no. You might ask yourself…Von Wafer? What’s so annoying about that guy? What annoys me about Von Wafer is his swag. He carries himself like he’s not Von f’n Wafer. Seriously, it’s like he wakes up in the morning and doesn’t remember that he’s Von f’n Wafer. Apparently he avoids mirrors which would remind him that he’s Von Wafer. He has no conscious on the court and I guess I should applaud it but sheesh louise I can’t. It was like Ryan Hollins trying to get the ‘pump-fake, get the defender to jump in the air, jump into him’ foul and the referees nearly openly laughing at him. Von Wafer should not have swag. No, no, no. Yet I’m sure if I brought in someone who had never seen basketball and showed them how Von Wafer carried himself they would think he was the best player on the Rockets. He absolutely bothers me in every single way.

http://ripcityproject.com/2009/05/04/top-8-annoying-players-left-in-the-nba-playoffs/

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

Wafer is turning into Mad Max part 2, lol.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, Wafer should realize this.

Just because he made the team, Rick didn't have to ever play him.

Just because he did well in a game... a lot of times players have good games and the coaches ignore it.

Wafer should be grateful to Adelman, Rick saved his NBA career possibly.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

this is not a jvg coached team. Von and Rick will get this settled. Rick knows they need Von to score and help win this series and Von knows he would not be in the nba if Rock had not given him a chance. No reason to simply kick him to the curb

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I'm still on the bandwagon.. We have no clue of what happened, no clue of what Adelman or him said. I think we should wait a little longer for more info before we start speculating.

HOWEVER, i'm a Rockets fan before being a Von Wafer fan. So I got to stick with the coach unfortunately..

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Thats not so true. Adelman said he has no clue of who Wafer was when entering the camp. Morey "saved" his NBA career. Infact no one did, Morey even said he thought Wafer wouldn't make it. Wafer saved himself with hard work. Morey gave him a shot. Adelman did nothing.