1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Asian Sensation

This thread is weak.

Ron Artest stood up for himself and the Rockets. He is a Rocket Hero. He has changed the complexion of this whole series by making a scene out of that BS call. Just watch.

If anybody on the Rockets was weak tonight it was Von Wafer. WTF was he thinking? Shut your mouth and know your role Jabroni.

1 person likes this.
  2. HumbleDan

HumbleDan Contributing Member

The Rockets have acted like the good citizens most mof you think they should be(and take the beatings) the last few years then you complain"they can't get out of them first round", now we fighjt back and we win, Shane, has taken miny blows the last few years and we lost, now you say Ron over reacted, what do you want!

3. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

It was all fun tonight! Drama baby...

DRAMA!!!

(But someone please take a poke at Kobe...justa little poke...right in the sinuses!) :D

4. ibm

ibm Member

to me it's simple.

either you knee, elbow and kick kobe back, ideally make him unable to play the series; or you do what shane does - keep your cool and not harm the team, especially in a tight and winnable game.

what ron did harmed the team at the time. sending a message back is fine. there would be plenty dead balls and ft's. if he just wanted to send a message verbally, he'd have plenty of chances.

you think ron earned respect tonight? from whom? kobe or crawford?

tough is not just physical. more importantly, it's mental.

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Battier does much better than that. He tortures Kobe on every possession. Knows all his comfort zones and moves, is always there with the annoying hand and inconveniently placed body. Sorry, no through traffic this way. No through traffic that way, either! You go up in the air -- oops, I'm in your passing lane. Want a look at the basket? Here, sniff my finger instead.

To give somebody hell, you first have to understand what his personal version of hell is. Kobe's is being smothered like that --and losing.

6. ibm

ibm Member

if i were adelman, i'd send phil jackson a message before game 3.

"please tell kobe to back off and stop his antics. otherwise, james white on my team is capable of elbowing kobe in the face, kicking him in the groin and breaking his leg all in one motion in 3 seconds."

i kid, i kid.

7. max14

max14 Member

I did cringe when Ron got mad.

But I support Ron not backstabbing him.

Mike Bibby was "STRONG", didn't stop Shaq and Kobe laughing their ass off at the "Queens".

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

we weren't going to win the game tech or no tech.

9. ibm

ibm Member

that could be a little too complicated for some to comprehend, i'm afraid.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You still don't get it.

You don't want to send the message to Kobe...that's worthless. Kobe will get away with 10x more than Ron or any other player on the rockets...so, if anything, you are just encouraging the refs to allow more dirty play.

What Ron did was send a message to David Stern, to Stu Jackson, to the NBA. That's much more important. They'll clean it up.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This thread is a lot of sanctimonious bullcrap. I love you, Will, but non-eunuchs don't take elbows to the throat and smile to themselves thinking "I got in your head, Kobe." The Rockets were not going to win this game. They can still win this series.

1 person likes this.
  12. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

I don't really agree with your post, but I see where you're coming from. I think Ron's only mistake was the hand gesture; before that he seemed totally in control of himself, but it seemed like he lost it just momentarily, and that's what got him thrown out. If Fisher hadn't been ejected, Ron doesn't get ejected either.

But that's how it went down, and ultimately I don't think it's going to hurt the Rockets.

But you know, for all of the trash talk and chippy play that went on in this game, Ron Artest had very little to do with it. I think he was really pretty cool throughout; before the series I was just thinking of how him and Kobe got into it recently and I was a little worried about it, but what Ron did wasn't an act of aggression.

Rockets will be ready to beat their ass on Friday.

13. ibm

ibm Member

first, i doubt that was ron's intention.

second, sending a message to stern? in that particular way? news for you, jvg sent a clear and i believe more diplomatic message 4 years ago in the mavs series and guess what? he got fined a record $100k and stern threatened to ban him for life.

now who's not getting it?

14. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Stuipid post. You had better shut up. We have no chance to win this game with those fxxking refs. Ron did the right thing. I only regret Yao didn't follow with Ron to fxxk those refs.

15. KKick

KKick Member

Lol. Agree!

16. landryfans

landryfans Member

Disagree 100%

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I guessed you people don't watch hockey. A fight or a hard hit will motivate the team. This will definitly have us Rockets all fired up for Friday while the cocky Fakers won't know what hit them.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Even if it costs us the game?!? :eek:

You get the ultimate respect when you win that trophy. Nothing else matters.

Artest should have played on, which would've given Kobe the message that we're here to win the series, not to worry about individual pride.

19. MD_in_Training

EXACTLY!! That's what I was trying to say all night. Usually, the team that feels slighted (us) are the ones that come out with more passion.

20. ibm

ibm Member

where was the "fight" or "hard hit" tonight?

after ron got ejected, we went downhill, as opposed to getting motivated.