1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm really proud of this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, May 7, 2009.

1. DthenA

DthenA Member

go warriors
    the war started

2. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Completely agreed, we played much better than fakers, the fakers just win with the help of referees. Beat fakers at home

3. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Kenny and Barkley seem to feel the same way.

They seem to be on our side (the right side) on all issues.

4. stevesazninvazn

Thank you, finally someone who's managed to keep a level head and see how great the Rockets really are in the balls department. Everybody needs to cool it with the incessant cursing and angry comments; I've seen at least four different counts of uncensored swearing by random people trying to deal with this game. They have to understand that we tried hard today, and we merely ran into a dirty, sleazy, untalented team that can't stand being worse than us, and got pushed around a bit. What's more, we have to let this game unite us, not divide us. We will bounce back stronger than ever, because that's the Rocket way.

5. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I'm pretty sure the entire nation outside of LA is on our side and realizes how dirty the fakers are

Winning this series will be so sweet now

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The Rockets never backed down an inch despite all the insanity. The Lakers have no shot at getting away with that nonsense in Houston. Time to take care of business and I know their emotions will be sky high in Toyota Center.

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Same here. The team gave their all and did their best to hang in there. Kobe and the Lake people just to good this game. If we keep up the intensity and cut down on their transition points we will have a chance every game.

Only disappointing thing for me this game was Wafer quarreling with Adelman. Hoping for more contribution from him next game.

8. OjMaYoThEkIlLeR

OjMaYoThEkIlLeR New Member

You know i am a memphis fan. My team did not come to the playoff as we have bunch of youth and some inside politics stuff. Anyhow i was waiting for this series houston vs Lakers. I am very very impressed with houston team. My heart is with Artest, yao, shane, brooks, lowry etc. They play with their heart. I was so pisssed when Fisher took that cheap shot on skola. Is this is how lakers going to win championship ? Do you ever see Lebron or cavaliers taking cheap shot even while they are playing with Atlanta ? The answer is NO.

I hope Houston blast Lakers on friday. I prey to God that Houston dominate 3rd game. Houston should know they are playing at their home court and no kobe or odom or any player in lakers can beat them. Artest is a beast and i hope he plays his best game on friday.

I am very proud of your Houston team and i wish them all the best. Worst comes Worst Lakers cannot win a championship without Shaq. Peace out cheap Kobe you can't play man to man and you say yourself MVP ? Lebron is the real MVP who play cool and does not take cheap shot like your dumb ----.

9. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

This is the game I feel that the Rockets grew up. The transition from the stigma of an almost there pretender to a legit contender. One T-mac trade away from being outright scary.

10. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

this series so far is reminding me of the warriors vs mavs first round in 06. remember how the warriors won game 1? but then in game 2 they were so BIASED for dallas and they ejected baron davis and jackson for no good reason at all? and then the warriors won the next 2 games at home and eventually won the series!!!!!!! It will happen folks!!!!!!!!!!!!! rockets in 6!!!!!!!! book your flight to denver :p

11. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

Fakers lose their class and play dirty. Kobe is a liar and will never be a respectable player!

Rockets play hard and physical, but they are far away from dirty. These two road games show us how good this team is.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Win or lose, we are playing like champs.

Go Rockets!

13. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

This is a 7 game series. There're going to be ebbs and flows and it was important that our guys get in their face for playing cheap and dirty. Ron did exactly what we needed him to do so that next game, they know that their soft asses are gonna get jacked. Kobe is fake tough. He's a little primadonna who can't take it when people challenge him. That's fake tough. He's fragile. Derek Fisher is just cheap. I'm pretty sure he'll be suspended. Great job by the Rox this game. And we stole a game from them.

14. chris845

chris845 Member

Man that wan an INTENSE game. I'm definitely proud of the team for standing up for themselves and being physical with the Lakers. We shot ourselves in the foot with the turnovers created by Aaron Brooks and dribbling into a crowd of yellow Jerseys, but I think the refs gave the Lakers a break. There was three calls off the top of my head that should've went against the Lakers like that Kobe elbow on Artest. Also the offensive goal tend against the rockets when replays showed the ball just getting off the cylinder before another rocket player touched it (I think it was Lowry). I definitely am starting to think that the winner of this series will be the Champ. This is the real NBA finals right here. Technicals, hard picks, ejections, and a player getting tossed out of the game by his own coach. Its just so much emotions flowing and physical play that I don't think Denver can match or even Cleveland. Cleveland has been playing an old half-injured Detroit team, and an inexperienced Atlanta team so far. Can't wait for game 3.

15. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Anything Yao did would cause him another foul.

16. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

Before this series began, I didn't see any hope for our team.
    After the 1st game, I thought Lakers didn't prepare well, and they could still beat us in 5 or 6 games.
    But after this game, I see a chance for rox to win this series.
    I'm so proud of this team, the heart, the toughness and the hard work.

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Want to see Hayes get more time.

Really have to give it to Shane for falling on his sword for us. I'll take our chances with Kobe feeling challenged and going for 40 over him getting his buddies involved anyday.

18. wingcommander87

me too, i am really proud of this team. they absolutely did back down in the 1st half when it looked like a huge blowout. it was tough to score when our two scorers wafer and artest were done for the game. with all this being said, i feel we are not going to win this series. They have already started fronting yao, plus they have gone small with gasol at center which makes it double tough for yao. artest hit a good percentage on his jumpers but i don't see it happening from here on out. farmar and fisher have gotten into brook's head and lowry has been making boneheaded plays out there. Also i don't see kobe cooling from here on out. he is on a mission and i think he is going to accomplish it :mad: .

we are going to play them tough and they are all going to be close games, but i don't see a pulling out the W in those close games. i had fun, but I'll see ya guys next season.

19. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

I skipped half day of work here in China to watch the game. and I am happy that the rockets made me proud. the fakers are gonna get stabbed if they play dirty like that on Beijing playgrounds. you know we have gun-control here, but we do have a lot of knives.

20. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Couldn't say it better....

I can't ****ING (capitalized cuss word ending in -ing) wait for game 3. Our fans will be so jacked. The whole WORLD will be watching, all looking for dirty Lakers play....Ron is in their heads with that lead pipe murder story/ "Don't you know who you are hitting? Don't you know you are hitting Ron Artest?" quote......

CANT...*******....WAIT