1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 2nd Round] #2 Denver Nuggets vs. #6 Lady Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Apr 28, 2009.

?

Who advances?

Poll closed May 5, 2009.
  1. Nuggets in 4

2.6%
  2. Nuggets in 5

18.8%
  3. Nuggets in 6

38.0%
  4. Nuggets in 7

18.4%
  5. Mavs in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mavs in 5

0.4%
  7. Mavs in 6

11.1%
  8. Mavs in 7

10.7%
  1. wingcommander87

the mavsdicks do not deserve our sympathy. if they were up 2-0, they would be prancing around thinking they won the championship. also the mavs have more thugs than the nuggets. josh howard, terry, barea, hollins are more despicable than jr smith and KMart. I feel, except for KMart, JR Smith and maybe melo, the nuggets are a pretty level-headed team.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thats their identity.. denver plays tough against everyone.. as long as they are consistent I'm fine..

problem with mavs is if they they think they can bully their opponent they will act like punks especially howard, dampier, and terry..

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i wouldnt count the mavs out yet the first two games have been in denver where denver has a distinct advantage in playing there (the high altitude, thinner air the nuggets are used to it the opposition not as much)

let the mavs play at least one game at home before every starts declaring this to be a blowout sweep.

it may end in 5 games, i think it will go 7 but i wouldnt be surprised if the mavs came back to dallas and won both games there

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think it will be a sweep by any means but the injury to Josh Howard may prove to be decisive in the end.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Why would you build around a short SG, an above average wing player, and a big man who can't defend the paint?

...and we gripe about the Yao/Artest combo...please...

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I already addressed this in post #196.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I hate the mavs.....so no sympathy from me.

My best buds are Mav's fans. *sigh*.....so when I used to live with them I'd hear all about how we sucked and they rocked.

F the Mavs. Go Nuggets.....who i don't care for.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have a feeling the Mavericks are going to come back and win both games in Dallas. Dallas was actually in the game until the 4th quarter for BOTH games, and then you could see a combination of HCA and fatigue take over, and the Nuggets stomped on them. At home though, Dallas won't allow the Nuggets to establish themselves in the 4th, and I think, if anything, we're gonna see the Mavs win by double digits. It's an intriguing series to me because neither team really has a reputation for being tough. Denver TRIES to act hard with their resident posers (Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, Nene, Birdman, etc.) but nobody is really intimidated by them. Dallas, otoh, seems to rely heavily on the energy guys like Hollins and Terry bring, and they really feed off the home crowd. I think this series will probably end up going to 7, with the home team winning every game.

9. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

I am not sure, the way I see it, there are holes in Mavs defense, they are just not used to it.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Dallas is playing better at home. I still think this Mavs team with Kidd is better than the Mavs team with Harris- they already had enough scorers and not enough defense and orchestration. Maybe Cuban was right after all.

11. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

It's nice watching another team get tagged by a late Terry 3.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Wow! Dallas getting screwed!

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wow, Melo with a clutch 3.

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Good lord, if this isn't the "year of the refs f---ing up," I don't know what is.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I would be beside myself if I were a mavs fan

16. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

wow what a dagger

17. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Dallas got screwed on that call. That was a perfect defensive foul right in front of the ref.

18. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

bad call

but Dirk after being 9/13 into the fourth was 0/5 come on dude.

Well Denver vs. Lakers unless Rox can get it together.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I like how Dallas still plays "Try Again" even after they get screwed at the end of the game. lol

20. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

agree
    btw you know the play with nene near the 2min mark, he step out of bound, and the ref didnt call it, which led to a basket.