1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 5/6/2009 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

I agree that it will contribute to the success of the rockets, but you should have said keys. The other keys to winning tonight:

-Keep Kobe taking contested jump shots
    -Don't let Gasol have a big night
    -Artest taking smart drives
    -Quality possesions (to get those, should be through yao)
    -High Intensity for 48 minutes (play like we are down 1-0)

This game could put is in the driver's seat for the series, or give us just a small advantage to win going back to houston. I would much rather be up 2-0 and put the lakers in panic mode.

2. i3artow i3aller

Crawford scares me, but its all gravy if we're even heading into the fourth.

3. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Yes that would be nice, we also need Scola to hit his mid-range and Wafer to get on track

4. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

3/4 of the threes he took monday were contested, shot clock running down threes

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Me, too.

I want to see this team going into game 3 up to and ready to put the Lakers into the ground for 09.

6. Obito

Obito Member

This is what will happen if we win tonight.

[​IMG]

7. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

That's makes it even worse, b/c you know Crawford will want to be an impact in the outcome of this game if it's close. Already getting angry. :mad:

8. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

the lakers are gonna be coming out different tonight. the rockets need to play the same tempo..try not to run with the lakers cuz u will lose. scola needs to make sum open shots and lets see how yao plays tonight with all the praise he's gotten for game 1.

9. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

We're screwed. Yao will spend most time on bench due to foul trouble like game 2 vs. portland. :mad: NBA where we'll (stern and co.) send in reinforcement to protect our babies happens.

10. emjohn

emjohn Member

Things to be ready for:
    1a: Homer officiating courtesy of Crawford and Willard. The Rockets' "physical" defense will be sending the Lakers to the line with happy whistles, and the Lakers will be drawing a slew of bogus charges.
    1b. When a problem comes along, the Lakers flop it. Walton, Fisher, and Vujacic will lead the way trying to keep Brooks away from the rim by using the "shotgun blast flop" anytime Brooks slashes. My guess is that they will also front Yao and send someone behind him to flop when Yao catches the ball and turns.

2: Kobe on his A game. Now, there is hope here since Kobe only has one game this postseason with 50% or better shooting, and 10 FTA is the most he's had so far. BUT, this is the first time Kobe's had to answer a poor game in a solid loss so far. He responded to their sole Utah loss (5-24, 18 pts) with his best game of the series: 38 on 67% shooting. Those games were on the road. These two are at home. I foresee a very aggressive Kobe looking to make his mark on this game, and I foresee Joey Crawford eagerly awarding him a large number of trips to the line.

Rockets Keys:
    1. Efficient scoring: We had it game 1, and it's paramount that we do at least as well in Game 2 if we want to withstand a Lakers' "pride" game. Artest can NOT go on a 6-22 McGrady bad outside jumper spree, nor can Brooks. Scolandry and Wafer would be welcome help if they can improve on their combined 17 points - 30 is a reasonable bar for a combined total, if not 40.

2. Poise: we can't let the refs, crowd, and Lakers' first quarter take us out of the game. We've got to be able to hang tough and make our push when they ebb. Maybe they win the 1st quarter, but we can't allow a big run or a 35-17 start. This is where frustration fouls happen, and where the temptation to launch foolish 3s happen. Poise and execution are the answers.

11. ssssllllnnnn

ssssllllnnnn Member

About game 2:

1. Rockets will struggle tonight as Lakers did in game 1.
    2. Kobe Bryant will have a very nice game tonight while Yao Ming will be fronted, doubled, tripled...
    However, HOWEVER, Rockets still manage to get the final win by 3~8 points.

Rockets 2:0 lead after game 2! Bad news is that Rockets will give up one at home. But who cares as long as Rockets are 6 in ?! (see my signature)

12. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Let's go ROCKETS! BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA

13. Uprising

Uprising Member

Add in that WAFER needs to get it going.

14. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

LETS GO ROCKETS oh man 9:30 cant come soon enough

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Late game in LA, coveraged by TNT, it doesn't get better that that. Go ROCKETS !

16. mwpq

mwpq Member

17. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

What pisses me off is that people think that the rockets played their best game in game 1. Its NOT TRUE! I hope the rockets prove all them critics wrong.

18. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

19. jjgfour

jjgfour Member

I wasn't surprised that they won because they had the Lakers against the ropes many times before and if you think about it, our bench is much deeper. I think as long as Yao isn't in early foul trouble we'll take game 2. I love how analyst are giving AB his props, but some people can't see that the Lakers PGs can't keep up with Lowry either. Dude is a bully when he drives it and he's a great defender. Expect Kobe to get going early tonight. I also think that Ron Ron is going to do well tonight, just be happy that he had a great game 1, it could be an on-going thing for him this series.

20. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

How about Landry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.