1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So what are laker fans saying after yesterdays defeat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rmoreno, May 5, 2009.

1. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

Man its been pitch quiet alllllllllll day. I mean alllllllllllllllllllllllll day.
    The usual Laker fans that I argue with didn't even want to look at me. Hell they didn't even show up for class.
    Not 2 words was said. I even took the liberty of blasting them on Facebook. Of course all the Houston fans backed me up. They all then into hiding. felt great!!

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Went over to clublakers last night, lurked around.

The general consensus IMO was that they lost the game more than the Rockets won it. That they will come back in game 2 and re-take all the momentum.

The only way they take the momentum back is if the blow us out game 2. If it's a close nail biter though and we still lose...we still have the momentum because it gives us confidence to say "We'll close out these games at home."

But really, it sounds just like what the Blazer fans were saying. That they'll never play a game that bad again etc etc and that they just lost the game and they'll bounce back.

3. kevtse

kevtse Member

Referee, referee, and referee

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

lakerground has a thread saying they will blow us out by 20.

5. juliusking

juliusking Member

anything they said means nothing

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who the hell is MatureRocketsFan ?

Name fail.

link

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Other fan boards are fairly entertaining. Jazz fans want us to trade them McGrady...Blazer fans are convinced Artest is the perfect fit for them and he wants to sign there in the off season...Laker fans are convinced face guarding is illegal...Spurs fans are certain a package Udoka/Bonner/Finley will net them a 4th. star.

Its quite amusing to read other fans.

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Hey.. as long as everyone else is wishing..

When is Ginobili a free agent?

9. Seth

Seth Member

Even if that happens (i donĀ“t think it will) we are still holding home court advantage.

10. Seth

Seth Member

Does this belongs to this thread?? in 2010.

11. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

As a matter of fact, here's what one Laker poster had to say on thei blog:

"It's obvious that David Stern wants a Cavs-Rockets finals. The reason he wants the Rockets? Over 1 billion reasons!!! China is crazy for Yao.

How much do you want to be that Bennett Salvatore will be reffing the first game in Houston?"

Getting inside their heads a little, eh?

12. MarsRock

MarsRock Member

Let's get 3 more wins and make them cry like babies.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If that happens I will make at least a couple of Faker fans wish they were never born!

14. kwng

kwng Member

They blaming the ref big time

15. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Dude. You over estimate Laker Fans. You know they don't know what "myopic" means. For you Laker Fans Myopic means short sighted / near sighted. You're welcome for the vocabulary lesson. I'm glad you learned something off our board.

#75 shaggylambda, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  16. DreamRoxCoogFan

I would actually love for this to happen- IMO, Gasol presents more of a matchup problem, bynum... not so much.

17. declan32001

declan32001 Member

:D I went to the 1st forum I googled after last night's game and read through a couple of threads.

Old Man Rock had been there before the game and he was a class act without giving an inch to those that were trying to insult him.

After the game there were a couple of Rockets fans that posted there and were pretty cool, as some of the Lakers fans. My favorite response:

"Please come back and post after tonight"!!! And the guy wasn't being rude, his brain was just scambled and he was admitting it.

This is more like '81 than "the big upset" in '86. The main difference is then we were the last seed and we were a hair's breath of being the 2nd seed this year.

What we have in common with that '81 team is that most basketball fans thought Moses was and unskilled brute and this year most people think Yao's a tall klutz with an unfair height advantage.

Tinman will perhaps fill in with the rest. Goood times. :D

18. michaelviii

michaelviii Member

Well that's hilarious :D

19. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

:D Those lakers fans are so funny about the face guard. :D :D :D

20. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

:D absolutely~ :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D