1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 100, Lakers 92

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2009.

1. E-Man

E-Man Member

It would be great for the Yao video to at least show when he told Keith Jones, "No, I'm going back out there."

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

[​IMG]

Where "Fall down 7, stand up 8" Happens...

[​IMG]

Where the "RON-HAWK" Happens...

[​IMG]
    Where Blood and Tears Happens...

[​IMG]

Where "Rockets Stun the Lakers" Happens...

Rockets Playoffs 2009... Where "TRU WARRIERS" Happens

3. onebelo

onebelo Member

that last one is an awesome picture of yao!

4. Aeron2009

Aeron2009 Member

Actually,before the game I expected not much about the rockets.I really apreciate what the team have done.Thanks a lot for all the effort to win the game!

5. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Wow...i totally misspelled warriOrs! lol

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

to all the ppl that ever said..YAO was softt....

plzz...no moreee :D

8. kaiftodai

kaiftodai Member

great team efforts guys!! WAY TO GO YAO!! THATS THE WAY TO DO IT!! B.E.A.T L.A.

get redd!!

9. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

LET'S GO ROCKETS!!!!

I couldn't fall asleep last night I was so hype and a little buzzed. I woke up in the best of moods.

After Battier getting cut and Yao going down and coming back and keeping us in the game I can't blame myself.

Haven't ready the whole thread but also Chuck Hayes did a good job in the low post. Artest not being greedy with the ball and passing it to the open guy.

Epic night...

10. laowan

laowan Member

what a game by odom

11. ringin08

ringin08 Member

I was searching all through this thread for PROPS TO RA! Thanks for being the first that I found to do so.

I will be the first to admit that I have dogged RA all season. I also said that if he got us out of the second round, I would forgive all and never question him again....he is very close to winning my respect for the rest of his tenure here!

RA was the biggest difference in this game, other than that heroic Yao moment. I can't believe that more people are not speaking about it. The Lakers were getting their momentum when Sasha Fierce was frustrating Wafer and the Lakers speed team was strongly harassing the Rockets.

RA finanlly in my humble opinion OUTCOACHED the other coach, in this case the great Phil Jackson, by going to that small lineup of Brooks and Lowry. That along with Yao's couragous return is what made the difference in the second half for us.

RA's moment of telling his team that they had to win the game and not let LA lose is going to be a classic. It makes you have to eat cheese and re-evaluate the way he coached the team the whole year and forgive those times when he seemed totatlly clueless....looks like that man had a long term plan on how to reach his team when it really counts!

He inspired Brooks to be aggressive in the second half...that is awesome and spectacular. Brooks is a second year player, what 30 game starter? facing the Lakers in round two? :eek: Yet RA got him to play like a veteran and exploit the other teams weakness to our advantage.

I GIVE RA HIS PROPS! HE OUTCOACHED PHIL JACKSON AND NATE MCMILLIAN AND WON BOTH GAME 1's ON THEIR HOME COURT!

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Now that the Rockets and Yao have beat up on the Lakers, watch for all the fronting defense plus more double and triple teams on Yao in game 2..

Bench players are gonna need to step it up big time in game 2... Landry and Von-Nilla were MIA in the game 1.

13. ringin08

ringin08 Member

Someone really should start a "TWO GREAT GAME 1's COACHING JOB BY RA" and "REF APPRECIATION" threads. No matter what else happens, RA got us out of round 1 with a great game plan for game 1 in Portland, which I didn't give him credit for at the time...and this great game plan and team readiness for game 1 in LA. Even if we lose the series, which we BETTER NOT, he has made this year's playoffs memorable and exciting to watch!

Someone needs to start an appreciation thread for RA at the least...but the ref's at least called the game with enough consistency to allow us to do our jobs and WIN the game, instead of the Lakers losing it.

14. kaaka

kaaka New Member

One word: PROUD

15. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

Makes me feel even better because Wafer & Landry didn't produce the way they can

16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I'm Proud Of All Rocket Players!!!!

17. wangbingjj

wangbingjj New Member

Strongly agree and I can feel it. Yao is the true keystone of the Rox. Beat LA, Beat Kobe, Beat the arrogance of Phil Jackson! Let them know what Rox can do.

18. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

You know what says it all about this game?

"Most users ever online was 3114, Today at 01:21 AM."

It beat the record for most ever users online, the 22nd win vs. the Lakers last year, by almost 1000 users!

20. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

sweeeeeeet ~~~~~~