1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 100, Lakers 92

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2009.

1. Zfan

Zfan Member

This is a game of legend. All Rockets played a great game. When Shane got elbow to bleed, I had a feeling that it's going to be a game of revenge. Good job Shane and Yao. Thanks Artest and Brooks. Game 2 the holywood will be crazy. I expect Lakers play more physical and dirtier but it's alright. Coz we have all warriors out there.

It's the time to shock L.A.

2. lpg

lpg Member

beat LA in the series! teach kobe an unforgettable lesson

3. zhangxianzhi

zhangxianzhi Member

Yao is the true heart of Rockets. I like Yao's team.

4. farmer_jays

farmer_jays Member

rockets sweeps lakers! :D

5. denniszhi

denniszhi Member

i am proud of YAO!!proud of rockets! :p

6. Bigpetelikeiron

so i never post on the bbs bc i love just reading everyones takes and everything but i had to post here tonight again with everybody else to say congrats to my rockets! All of you true and great: fans keep it up!!!! and to the bandwagoners dont start now.....i have a good deal of people i run into on a daily basis that are your average sports fan that "supports" his home team and all of that but the majority of those idiots were even just today arguing me about how the rockets could not beat the lakers and all i told them which is what i have felt all along is that the rockets team we have here now has not been the rockets team that we have had all season. think about all of the changes and injuries and how that effects our chemistry and confidence. we finally towards the end starting getting our REAL team together and in this time we have found ourselves! Im not trying to say that we will are championship caliber but yes e are. we are playing with the confidence of a secure team where each an every player knows their role. we have players that can score all though not as efficiently as some teams but the most important things are that we have an elite defense. we have a superstar with true heart(yao) and our team plays as a team (even when we are blowing it and jacking **** shots) throught and through. heres to ivin it hard to the lakers this whole series and i believe we can win it! and if we do.....cavs get ready bc we are going to lay down an a$$whoopin something fierce!!!!!!

7. casey_chy

casey_chy Member

where no foul happens

8. spikejames

spikejames Member

1. That, my friends is what arrogance looks like. Wanna know what the word "hubris" means? Just replay this game and look at the L.A. fans, and at the Lakers team. They just knew they were way better than the Rockets, so the fans stayed on their cell phones the whole game, and the Lakers did not bring their "A" game.

2. I said before this game that the Rockets can win this series if they can keep the Lakers to 85 to 90 points per game. We're a couple of points above the mark, and I still say for future games they have to clamp down even more on defense, 'cause the Rox won't always be as on top of their offense as they were in this game.

3. Wow, did the Lakers play dirty. And the refs called the game pretty loose, which we'll still take even with the bumps and bruises. Still, I'll bet you a nickel game 2 will be called much tighter.

4. I wonder if the Lakers are going to go to a fronting defense of Yao in game 2? Yao had a great night, bruised knee aside, and you know the Lakers will adjust.

5. Love that AB. The Lakers have no answer for his speed. And they will not come up with one, so the Rox have to take full advantage. AB will make the occasional awful pass - lord knows he made some last night - but he will be a key weapon for the Rox.

9. rznqp

rznqp Member

haha ... the BIG font just like loud shout. I think this man is very excited! ;)

10. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

if i hear anyone on this site EVER talk about yao's toughness, i will hunt you down...The experts are not experts, just guys who roll with the bandwagon. I have thought all year that the lakers are overhyped and also get to play 2 extra home games every year. If we let kobe get his and shut down everyone else, aka roy/aldridge, there is no way we lose this series...and did anyone notice how lame the crowd was the whole game...that is why LA sucks the big one....our crowd would have been loud and crazy with sucha close game the WHOLE game...they suck...GO ROCKETS!!!

11. rznqp

rznqp Member

The best caption for this GIF ! where no foul happens! hahahahahah....

12. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I feel ashamed that i didnt belive that this team could nt knock down the fakers. everybody who didnt should be ashamed.

this team with its spirit made me belive .. we can go all the way we will go all way.. buckle up the rokets have launched off ..

i dont wanna talk bout any player though some deserve to be mentioned .. this is a team preformance from ron and great wall to cook and white ..

13. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

Proud of shane and yao

14. stonesc

stonesc Member

:rolleyes: haha, cut kobe! beat laker!

15. black_three

black_three Member

OMG How many Chinese Fans are there in here?

16. cassidy

cassidy Member

a very fantastic terrific significant magnificant wonderful win!

you don't know how angry i was when i saw Shane got hurt.
    but he acted like a real hero.
    the honor belongs to u
    and the whole Rockets!

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Great win. Be prepared the Lakers will play even dirtier out of desperation. Kobe almost injured BOTH Yao and Shane tonight so we have got to be careful. I am glad that we have RonRon in this team to play against those dirty douchebags. Go Rockets.

18. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

19. stonesc

stonesc Member

I am a rockets fan, in other words, i am the fan of yao, it is a great win this game, but i want to say, don't satisfy the 1 win, it is clearly that laker stronger than rocket, i guess rocket will be stopped in 2nd. wish yao and rocket go ahead more

20. monica

monica Member

What a ****ing good game!!!!