1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Love This Team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox4lyf, May 5, 2009.

1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Regardless of what happens in this series...I know, I know we're all hyped up after the game 1 shocker, bringing back memories of 1986, but I just want to say that I LOVE THIS TEAM!

The HEART, the Resiliency, the passion, and the toughness, exhibited by this Rockets squad is really something to behold. It's something that Dr. James Naismith would be proud of. This is what TEAM BASKETBALL is all about! This team by far is not the longest, the tallest, the quickest, or the most athletic, BUT what this team has is immeasurable HEART.

If you asked me before this game, which Yao-era Rockets team was my favorite, I would say the 2004-2005 squad with Sura, Jon Barry, and Wesley without question. Although they got knocked out of the first round, that team had grit, had toughness, had passion, and had a swagger about them. From the three point gestures to Tracy's dunk on Shawn Bradley, that team was exciting. Since then, I've wondered if there would be a Rockets squad that would ever capture the same excitement as that 2004-2005 team did.

And boy am I glad to be a fan of the Rockets. This 2008-2009 Rockets team trumps the 04-05 one. No more questions about if Tmac is the leader or if Yao is the leader...after tonight's game, Yao has established himself as the unequivocal leader of this Rockets team. He has finally stepped into the pantheon of Franchise Rockets players. His heart is bigger than his 7'6" frame, he is truly a Tru Warier.

[​IMG]

As a fan, I simply cannot fathom how this team is accomplishing this. With Tracy being out for the season, with Rafer getting traded, and with all these young guys like Aaron, Von, Kyle, stepping up big. This season has had its ups and downs, more-so than in a typical Rockets season, which is usually filled with a lot of ups and downs as well. Then, I realize the types of players we have and the HOF coach we have. The Rockets are an extremely tough bunch and everytime they're counted out they come back even stronger.

No matter what happens, I just want to say that I LOVE THIS TEAM!

2. kanariya

kanariya Member

Play with heart! That's how you win!

3. HookemHorns1250

Yao said it best in his post game interview. He said something along the lines of, "McGrady was our only true super star player, that was like Kobe and Lebron. Now, we don't have a player like that, so we have to play together as a team."

4. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Now the team is full of passion and enthusiasm, I was touched by Yao's performance, especially the 4th qtr, yao back to the court inspired our guys, Rockets promising.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

These guys play with the hearts of champions. And that's why you don't pick Lakers in 4!

6. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Hard work and faith. I'm a proud fan.

7. pipesir

pipesir Member

I LOOOOOOOOOVE this team! I LOOOOOOVE our heros!!!

8. diegot143

diegot143 Member

im so fing proud of this team. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE, YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE.

9. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

IMO we're the toughest team in the league. Yao, Artest, Battier had his head split open and brushed off Kobe's cheapshots like they were nothing. Yao coming back from that knee scare was amazing as well.

10. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

as soon as artest re-signs, i'm buying his jersey

11. SeeingRocketRed

I was impressed with how the Rockets handled bad calls. They simply ignored them. Even laughed at them. And played more determinedly in response - exactly what you hope for when you know the refs are going to act as a 6th, 7th, and 8th man for the other team.

This team's maturity seems to have progressed overnight. I guess the playoffs do that to you.

12. lewzhy

lewzhy Member

I'm really proud of this team.

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

I like Hawaii.

14. John232

John232 Member

It's only one game and when it's all said and done, no one's really gonna remember this 'heroic game one' if the Fakers win the next four.

15. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

I won't. If Rox continue their games with the same intensity and heart like this game, I trust all their fans would remember everything they have gone through in this season.

Also, I think the Fakers' nightmare has just begun. Go Rox!

16. blender

blender Member

They may not look it at first glance, but this is a team full of bulldogs. They're playing like they understand what it truly takes to win.

17. imatexan

imatexan Member

This team has really captured the city, and who knows perhaps the nations heart next.

18. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

I'm very proud of this team!
    and I love this team!

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gotta give love to the management too. Les provides the funding to bring in a tier 1 coach and players. Morey brings in an array of talent. And Adelman puts the puzzle together on the court.

20. juliusking

juliusking Member

I‘m so glad to see yao in this team,that's a proud of me to be a rox fan

Beat L.A,rockets Go Go Go