1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 100, Lakers 92

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2009.

1. amuyao

amuyao Member

Finally I can log in the ClutchBBs. What a great win! hats off to all the Rockets players. Go Rockets.

2. oldnews2

oldnews2 Member

3. lostfans

lostfans Member

we will do better in next game...
    beat LA in LA!

4. zj945

zj945 Member

I am so proud of this team!
    F*** talents, lets be warriors!

5. albuster

albuster Member

Yao showed a lot of guts tonight. The team showed a lot of guts too. Scola was shaky tonight but he should be able to play much better in game 2. Wafer and Landry should just calm down and play better from here on in. Go get em Rockets!!

6. xuxin2k

xuxin2k New Member

Great win!!! :D :D :D

7. sdbj

sdbj Member

Well, that is a great win!

8. respect_roc

respect_roc Member

After winning the 1st round, Battier said that they were ready to win ugly.

The cut at his brow was ugly. The hard knock on Yao's knee was ugly. But man, what an absolutely beautiful game the Rockets played!

That was pure championship stuff! Whatever happens from now on, the Rockets have proved to themselves that they have what it takes to win it all! Whether they actually achieve that this season or not, they've already shown that they've the heart of a champion!

What a team!!!

9. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Proud of Ron for not making this game personal and not taking this game into his own hands. Lets remake the LA-Detroit series and shock these "experts" one more time.

10. Alex1982

Alex1982 New Member

can i miss T-MAC?

11. 1individual

1individual Member

Awesome win. I predicted we play the Blazers in the playoffs and so we did. I predicted we win this game and we did. Props to Batman, Yao, and Artest. Battier is by far the better defender on Kobe. Yao was a true warrior and leader. Artest was the upgraded version of Von Wafer. I think the hair dew impacts his game a lot.

If we beat the Lakers and I say it over and over... championship is ours. Can anyone still believe this is a team without its 20+ million star player... beating the 2nd best team in the NBA in the playoffs of round 2 where we haven't been to in 12 years?!

12. mandoo347

mandoo347 Member

yao and shane- where no pain happens

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tonight was a turning point. I firmly believe this team can win a ring. What a gutsy win.

14. Meepo

Meepo Member

We have the heart of a champion,that's all

15. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

You can start saying now, we will definitely beat LA!!!

16. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

Best moment in the game.

Yao coming back from the tunnel and nailing that jumper.

Honorable mention goes to Aaron Brooks for that ridiculous cross on two Lakers for the layup. Did anyone see that? Whoa.

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Yao! AB! Ron under control. Battier showing once again why I was wrong for wanting to keep Gay over him. Lowry, Hayes, dam the whole freakin team. Gotta mail order rockets jerseys over here. my brother only brought me a tmac jersey last time he visited. :mad:

we just gotta take it one game at a time now. can't let the lakers beat us at home. i think that utah series turned them into a dirty team. i knew they were kinda dirty but the lakers display tonight was filthy.

cant wait for the video to upload. epic game by yao. and all those fans who say he was faking??? gimme a break. with his history of injury? i just hope he is okay. and yeah, i hope tmac stays far away from these games. knowing him he will prolly be sitting by the lakers bench laughing it up with kobe.

lets take this series like the 95 rockets took the Orlando series.
    Clutch City lives on!

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

does anyone have a HQ quality photo of Shane Battier, when he had blood dripping down his face from the cut he got?!

19. Shrek_sue

Shrek_sue Member

BRAVO!!!Rockets and Yao...

20. kanariya

kanariya Member

To be honest, I didn't have much hope for the Rockets tonight against LA in their home court.
    Even in the 4th Qtr with 5mins left and we were still leading by 6/7 or so because of the history of the 4th Qtr performance with LA and the Rockets.

I was surprised tonight. they played well. they hustled. they played really physical. and they got what they deserved.

Great win. Great team effort.

But we will need even more effort next game to shut down the angry Lakers!