1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YAO MING, A TRUE WARRIOR

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, May 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Wangchang

Wangchang Member

I am sooooooooooo proud of yao

2. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

wrote this on my blog~

Game 1 Rockets against Lakers in the Western Conference Semifinals
    4th Quarter 4 min mark: Kobe drove into lane, and collided into Yao
    Yao was instantly down on the ground, holding his knee, crying and hurting in huge pain...
    nightmare struck, as in 2006 it was the same knee that kept him out for 6 weeks. Series-> season Over!

But heck NO!
    On the way back to the locker room, he insisted to atheletic trainer Keith Jones that he WANTED to come out play!
    he tried to stretch out his knee, and simply walked off the sore and pain, and He came out to PLAY!
    Rockets coach Rick Adleman said: "I dont know what our trainer did to him, but it was like Rocky come out there."

He WAS Rocky!
    Scoring 8 points in the final 4 min, he helped Rockets to secure the win, stunning the heaviliy favored LA Lakers.
    Yao is a true role model, not just to basketball fans. To anyone, really.

3. LCII

LCII Member

Yao Ming said **** this, I'll see you in the club.

4. redcapital

redcapital Member

after tonight's game, i ask nothing more for the season. i'm now a happy and satisfied fan, losing to the lakers or not. :)

5. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

YAo is the hero of ROx :)

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

EAT THE HEAD!!!

no one wants this more than Yao.

7. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

my heart literally dropped when i saw yao in that immense amount of pain. i thot to myself it had to be serious for him being in that much pain. then i saw him walk on his own power to the locker room and i breathed a sigh of relief. and when i heard him tell keith that he was going back no matter what, i was like oh shiz, yao is a champion!

8. rocketsmetalspd

That is the fault of most who trash Yao. He has always played his heart out no matter what and now the rest of world can see what a true warrior Yao really is, not to be mean but I don't TMac whould have wanted to stay in the game.

9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I developed some mad respect for Yao tonight. I've always liked him, but man... he took it to a new level tonight.

On another note, was it just me, or were the Lakers fans booing when Yao came back from the tunnel? My roommate and I both thought we heard the crowd booing him, and I hope, for the dignity of the people in that arena, that I am mistaken.

10. xqc1212

xqc1212 Member

I think we should won the title.We showed that we had guts.

11. subzor

subzor Member

will support yao forever, what a beast!

12. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

some one needs to fix the thread title to say

"YAO MING, A TRU WARIER" :p :p

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Pulled a great Willis Reed there.. I'm just worried how his knee will swell up going into tomorrow morning. I just hope it's fine going into game 2.

14. sdbj

sdbj Member

Eat the head!

Yao, true man!

15. Masamune

Masamune New Member

agree :)

16. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

Like hell he did, I hope you were just joking cuz theres no way that was the same. They both banged knees but Yao walked off the court on his own and only got half way down the tunnel before turning around to go back. Pierce on the other hand cried and flailed his limps around as if he broke something. He was carried, CARRIED off by his team mates still crying into the locker room as you can see in later earlier posts.

Pierce has always been an over reacting little drama queen. I still remember once when he got a slight smack in the face towards the end of a close game (i think it was against the pacers)...no call was made...they lose...he comes into the press conference with his head all wrapped up as if had been in a car accident.

YAO IS A MAN

17. thugLove

thugLove Member

The Lakers fans were booing when Yao came back into the game.

I don't know what they were booing.

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

I've never been more proud to be a rockets fan. That includes watching the rockets under Hakeem in the 90's win back to back championships when I was a kid.

A possible career ending injury to the knee, he limps off the court with the trainers...then he turns around, fire in his eyes, and says, "No. My team needs me. I'm going back." Within the first minute he's back on the court, he swishes a long range jumper. Next few minutes, hits his free throws dead on.

Like someone mentioned, even if the rockets lose this series, they couldn't have made this rockets fan prouder.

Never say die.

19. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

They thought Yao was faking an injury like paul pierce.

20. hoopwoo

hoopwoo Member

Hope his knee is ok for game 2. :p