1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets and Lakers Tickets, 2 each, game 3 and game 4

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by tmac2k8, May 4, 2009.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

2. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

that is a nice markup

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

good luck on finding ANY tixs at face

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Tru dat.

5. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

i still think people that sell rockets tickets over face value should be banned.

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

whats the face value of those tickets? 18$?

7. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

all thats on here are rockets fans and people create names so they can rip rockets fans off. Thats a big no no!! :cool:

8. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't think these tickets are 18 bucks. They're not 104 either, but the Rockets sure did jack up the prices, at least, as far as I know. I ended up getting a lower level ticket for game 4 for 170 bucks, not quite sure why I bought it.

9. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

$55 face.

10. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

I completely understand that............i thought selling for major profit on here was looked down upon, anyway good luck with the sale someone will buy them

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

lol they just got sold...sorry i dont know any of u all, if it was a friend or relative id give them the ticket. but 100's is the going price for those tickets on flash seats, would be foolish of me to sell them there for much less...

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Usually, selling tickets above face here is a dick move... but since the Rockets made it virtually impossible to get tickets when they went on sale... he is basically selling them for "going price" which right now is 100 bucks for the worst seat in the house (plus 20% buyers fee on flashseats makes it more like 120)

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i got lucky and found a 55 dollar ticket for 65 bucks on stubhub for game 4 and bought that. the rockets either didnt make the 400 section available or all the ticket brokers who have season tickets bought them all up quickly.

I think honestly a lot of the price gouging going on for this is because the opponent for the series is the lakers.

had they played the mavs or the nuggets while the price of the ticket may have gone up from the rockets side (40 dollar tix becoming 55 dollar) slightly the huge markups from sites like stubhub, flash seats etc would not be as bad.

14. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I'm sure many of you have bought tickets from me on here for the regular season in the past...i sell tickets at face value usually but if the market is there, I don't understand why you can't make a profit..
    WHO MADE THIS RULE THat you can't sell tickets above face value here on Cluthfans....There is not such rule....if you want the tickets for the "going" price, then you should buy them....
    people selling tickets on here don't have any relationship with you besides being a clutchfans member...that does not give you the right to ask somebody to sell their tickets to you at HUGE discount....making money is a part of business.......if you can make it and people aer willing to pay it, go for it...
    If I sell tickets on this site in the future and like I have done in the past, I will give a discount from the going rate on Stub Hub/Ebay, etc to clutchfans members...maybe $10 or $15 off but I will not sell my tickets that are going for $150 for $55 to you just because you are a fellow clutchfans member....

hey, next time somebody is selling a TV or car or something on here, you should offer 50% off since you are a cluthfans member....
    sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it....I bet most of you would make money on tickets if you could.....

Anyways, sorry about the Rant...I just find it a little annoying when you guys flame people for makeing a little money....I would be totally against somebody selling their tickets for a ridiculous amount but if somebody is trying to make a few extra bucks, its no big deal.... if the demand is there, then there is nothing wrong with it...maybe as a good gesture, the seller could give clutchfans members a little disount....

Ok i'm done....flame me if you want but if you were in the position to make a few bucks, you would do it too...

p.s...I dont' have any tickets to sell :D

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I just sold mine for a lot of money above "face" but that's part of the game.

If you guys don't like the rule of Supply and Demand, then purchase Season Tickets yourself and become part of the Supply....

PS. My game 6 tickets will be available if necessary and they won't be for what I paid for. It's the market!!!

#15 Stevierebel, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
  16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The playoffs are a different story.

Regular season games shouldn't really be above face.

I totally understand getting "fair market value" for the playoffs.

The guy who sold these tix got FMV for them.

I don't have a problem with it.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

looks like a game 4 ticket went for 24 bucks on stubhub...unless it was an auction.

18. tanlogic

tanlogic Contributing Member

24 dollar ticket? If you look at it, someone trying to sell 'garage parking ticket' for that price. If it sounds too good to be true...

19. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

EXACTLY!!...if you want to pay face value then BUY season tickets like some of us did and then you can sell them for a profit your self....notice all season ticket holders understand this concept on clutchfans...its the people who want CHEAP deals are whining about having to pay more than face value....
    we seson ticket holder have suffered thru many regular seasons selling some of our tickets that we couldn't use for under face value...now is our time to make a few extra bucks to make up for that :D

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i think it'd be cool if you'd give clutchfans a small discount. if the going rate is $104 for a $55 face, I'd hope you could give it to a CF member for $90. But that's just how I'd handle it.

Of course, I don't live in Houston anymore, so you can ignore my comments if you want cause I clearly don't have season tickets right now