1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusting Lakers will get what's coming....KARMA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by got em COACH, May 2, 2009.

1. alcatrazpsycho

Yea no kidding.
    Anyone remember the Gatorade commercial for the Celtics? About making history or something? That commercial was being aired over and over and over again during the playoffs last year.

Then this year for the first time I saw a Kobe-LeBron Vitamin Water commercial during the playoffs. :rolleyes: :eek: :( :mad:

2. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Wow. That was a poorly officiated game.
    I'm sure glad I'm not a Kings fan.

3. hasheesh

hasheesh Member

yeah, but you're a rockets fan...

remember 2005? Dallas? Tim Donahey?

we need to make our own video of that series

4. jedicro

jedicro Member

If I remember correctly, Donahey didn't say that that game was rigged for the Mavericks. He said that the refs listened to and acted on Cuban's complaints that Yao was setting illegal screens. Which would be illegal communication I think.

I didn't really konw basketball that well back then so I didn't know the difference. But IMO they should call the game fairly. If we were getting an unfair advantage from Yao's screens, if they were illegal, it would be right to call it. However if they were overcalling it to satisfy Cuban or they were only calling it on one side then there would be a problem.

I would have to watch those games again to decide what I think.

5. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Refs always with Kobe and Lakers. Kobe will meet LeBron in the Final with Stern's help.

6. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

was it donahey who made that call when finley stripped barry?

and i now want to know who it was that failed to make the moving pic call when stockton hit that three to put us out in game six.

in any case, if anyone else makes a video about this type of thing, i think its a requirement to hire a sound consultant. the soundtrack on this last video was a little much. it took me to the point of utmost dramatic tension and left me there much too long. one can only take so much of that star wars fight scene on repeat. lol.

7. zoids

zoids Member

I watched both Kings and the Rox series. I was so furious and that's why I refuse to watch any nba games other than Rox now since that King series. The only exception is the Boston Celtics because I really hope KG and Ray Allen would get one at the end.

There is no Karma or payback unless David Stern and those corrupted refs are ousted. In another words, don't expect Yao or Adelman will ever win a champ. However, both of them will always get my support.

8. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Great thread !

David Stern Stinks of fishy behavior always. The Nba will be better when he's no longer the commish :mad:

9. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Other than David Stern being a Snake. The other thing I hate about the Nba us How star driven it is. Unlike any other sport. And it's so fickle. It seem every few years there's a new golden boy.

And while the Congress is wanting to change the format of College football. They also so should be changing the age restriction for the Nba. If a team doesn't want to pick an 18 year old legal adult in the draft thats there perogative, but to put a 19 year old age limit to get in the league is uncostitutional and is also age discrimination and just another way for David Stern to line his buddies in the NCAA pockets and build hype for his draft. Because face it we all know college basketball way better now that there making kids go tocollege for at least a year.

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I agree completely on rigging, but last year Lakers and Celtics were probably better than any other team. I'm not 100% sure though how series were called because last year's playoffs were SOOO boring (I mean even outside fact Rockets lost early, they just weren't good imo).

Hopefully league calls it fair, and Rockets can take it :D.

11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

We as a fan must protect our homecourt. I suggest when ever there's a bad call on our court, the red rowdy should start to chant F-B-I and DON-NA-GHY. Don't overuse it on every call now. Only on bad calls and since watching the game live which makes it harder to see if it's a bad call or not. Have someone watch it at home and call up their buddy at the game to start the chant.

Serously we as a fan must hold up the barrier for our rockets to prevail past the evil.
    [​IMG]

"The battle to get past the 1st round for the past 15 tries is over; the battle against the media/stern heavily favorite team to be in the final has just begun"

12. Houston09

Houston09 Member

ive always said the nba was fixed some how when it comes to the playoffs. look at the refs how they have treated yao. stern is running the league like wwf the refs all have scripts they go through before each game.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've asked this a few times.

For those of you who believe there is a conspiracy and the games are rigged why do you continue to watch the NBA and root for the Rockets?

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Rick Adelman has a plan... he is rather brilliant. Which is dangerous for even the "great" phil jackson.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

where are the scripts?

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I agree, this needs to be done. Every little thing counts.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Did you ever watch wrestling (WWF/WWE) and root for your favorite wrestler?

18. dback816

dback816 Member

The funny thing is that Laker fans think they are the ones Stern hate

And after the whole Colorado Kobe fiasco, that feeling has only gotten stronger

19. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

This is the most dramatic thread I've ever seen. :eek:

20. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

i think you hit the nail on the head. They really needed the money. hopefully the situation with Don will limit that sort of bs in the future. Refs will always favor the stars a little.