1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serious Discussion - what could we trade Tmac for...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, May 1, 2009.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Do not like this trade :p

2. gamor

gamor Member

It doesn't matter how we see him. The key is how the management in chicago value Salmons. If bull believes he is a piece they need keep to get in first group, then we won't be able to get Gorden,Solmans,Tim just by giving Tmac.

3. Yetti

I second this selection as one which will be the best especially if McGrady is playing his last year and looking for a great contract, where ever he ends up! :p

4. gamor

gamor Member

Yetti, someone just pointed out we won't have enough cap space to sign any big name like Wade or Joe Johnson even Tmac's contract free up.

5. blink

blink Contributing Member

funny how last week, no one could make a thread about the off season without getting a bunch of posters ragging on him for doing so too early. now that we won a series, everybody is cool with it. this forum is way bipolar.

6. Yetti

One needs to see Brooks as a scoring Guard, He is not a Playmaking Point Guard and scoring is his main focus. He will improve with experience!:p

7. himself

himself Member

First, I said Gordon + whatever (assets) not both salmons and thomas.
    Second, I really don't get why Rockets fan undervalue mac/his expiering contract in a already bad NBA economy.

I LOVE Houston and been following the rockets for a few decades now, but no matter what some daydream about, there won't be a Lebron or Kobe in Rockets uniform and I seriously doubt D wade as well.

8. gamor

gamor Member

Thanks for clearing things up.
    We do see things in commons. ;)
    I also believe the 2010 is daydream, and Salmons is a good player.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Deng plus Heinrich would be ideal to me. You get two talented stand up guys for TMac and maybe some scraps? That would be awesome.

Stephen Jackson scares me a little. I view him as potentially a little nuttier than Artest, and I don't trust his decision making. Turiaf and Maggotty would be awesome though.

Richard Jefferson would be solid as well.

We'd be lucky to get these guys if we were competing for them in free agency, let alone trading for them, so it'd be great if we could parlay Tmac's deal into something useful.

What's great is that we have resources to package with Tmac's contract. We will have a 1st rounder to throw in again, and we have talent with small contracts that we can throw in to get upgrades. Landry, Brooks, Scola, and Lowry may be commanding hefty raises when they become free agents, and if Morey doesn't think they are worth it then it may be prudent to ship them off in a deal for big money players that are worth it.

I really like the flexiblilty of this team going forward. We can go so many directoins and aren't doomed to mediocrity if this squad can't get it done.

10. leonking

leonking Rookie

Can you trade Tmac if he announce another surgery right before the deal or fail the physical check for some injures?

Tmac likes staying in Rockets till the end of his career because he has so many hardcore fans here. He knows he will be a non-factor in any other teams from now on.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Yes because no team would be trading for Tmac. They'd be trading for Tmac's expiring contract.

12. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dxk9tg

13. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Chicago would have been the ideal target but after this showing in the playoffs, i don't see them dismantling that team. if available, deng would be my top choice out of anyone, but considering that they weren't willing to trade him for even kobe freaking bryant, i'm not so sure he would have been available.

whoever we target needs to be young, preferably. this trade, if we make it, will be the last chance for this team to add a significant rotation player as we will no longer have any major trade assets and will be capped out for the foreseeable future.

golden state is very intriguing. they have the type of young athletes that you ideally want to surround yao with. stealing ellis and biedrins would be a coup.

amare stoudemire could be available again, though im not sure he is much of an upgrade over the combined output of landry+scola and you still don't address our biggest need - perimeter scoring.

danny granger is the big pipedream that you would need to throw a parade for if it happened. same for kevin martin. a resigned ben gordon would look very nice in this lineup.

i woiuldn't touch richard hamitlon at this age with that contract unless he came with prince somehow, but that's unlikely. vince carter will definiely be available and could be a good option considering he will virtually be an expiring contract in 2 years with his team option. please say no to baron davis. richard jefferson will likely also be available but with his contract and now pushing 30, im not sure i would bite.

in any case, there will be a plethora of options available to upgrade this team. this will be daryl morey's first truly big move dealing from a position of power. up to this point, he hasn't had any positive trade bait to deal with. it will be interesting to see what he decides to do.

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Thecabbage, please no man. I live pretty close to Chicago and so many people hate how Dengs play.

Deng this season for Chicago is the way we treat McGrady this year on the Rockets. I wouldn't go for Deng if I had a chance like you said.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The Great, why do they hate deng? What has he don't to make anyone dislike him. He's a standup guy, hard worker, and very productive when healthy. He's also 24. He would be my choice especially if the bulls want to make a run at wade, the hometown kid.

I don't think gsw will get rid of ellis, but I could see the 3 I mentioned in jackson,maggette, and turiaf. I think the playoffs should open people eyes about what kind of players that should be on this team. Although the rox have Yao, they're still a jump shooting team.The only guys that can consistently get to the rack and slash are the smaller guys like brooks,lowry, and wafer. That needs to change and that should change. I've been talking about this for some years now and a lot of people still don't understand the new nba. Its always been about the wing players, but now its even more emphasized. You need guys that can get into the paint and finish. Even if they don't finish, it causes the defense to collapse and open the door for offensive rebounds.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I can tell you this for sure.

Deng is on the trade block...

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I know for a fact the want to get into the fools gold market and the target is wade. 2 chi-town boys, salmons can play the 3 and the 2 bigs. That's why they got rid of nocioni and his contract. If they can get rid of deng-10m and hinrich-9m along with miller coming off that same summer, they have a lot of money to play with. Not only that, playing with a guy like rose who will push tempo and feed everyone is a really attractive spot.

18. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Tmac for Deng and Heinrich? Where do I sign up. Shoot, i'll even toss in Aaron Brooks. Seriously.

Heinrich/Artest/Deng/Scola/Yao ... Best starting 5 in the league.

Lowry/Wafer/Battier/Landry/Hayes... As good a bench as you'll find.

Just thinking about this makes me happy.

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Alternatively, I'd do Tmac for Deng and Miller. Miller is tailor made for this Adelman offense and provides serious quality depth behind Yao.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Count me in the Deng is overrated camp. The guy gets stats but I'm not impressed with his game.