1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao talked to Brooks after the fifth match: you can't play like this any more!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by newdaycomenow, May 1, 2009.

1. blender

blender Member

Good post. Personally, I see the pros and cons to both of the point guards as starters. I give the slight edge to Brooks right now because we need his offense, but that dynamic could change next season. However, what I love most is how the two PGs complement each other's skills to make a great tandem, and how Adelman has been utilizing them to suit their strengths and weaknesses.

I just get irritated by posters who seem to actively want to see Brooks fail. They come on the board to celebrate when Brooks has a poor shooting night or few assists, and spout nonsense about Yao hating Brooks or Adelman playing favorites. It's a mob mentality and it really makes this BBS unreadable at times for me.

On the other hand, the whole hater/lover dichotomy is equally annoying and senseless, so I'm going to stop accusing people of "Brooks bashing".

2. krockets

krockets Member

I am going to re-translate Yao's response when asked about his frustration towards Brooks after Game 5.

姚明:我不能让他再这么打下去,我们这支球队也不能让他这么打下去,我们必须像个团队一样打球。我今天的确急了,我从来没有这么说过话,但我在更衣室里对布鲁克斯说:你不能这么打,这不是你自己的比赛。以前我是告诉你、建议你,你应该到这个位置上,或者你应该先把球攻到45度,我尊重你在场上自己作出的选择。但我现在必须命令你,你不能想怎么干就怎么干!我命令你,你必须到这个位置上,你必须把球攻到45度的巴蒂尔或者阿泰斯特那儿,你必须这么做!

Yao: I can't let him (Brooks) play like this any more, our team can't let him play like this any more, we must play like a team. Today (after Game 5) I got really anxious and impatient, I have never talk like this before, but in the locker room, I was telling Brooks: "You can't play like this, this is not your own game. In the past, I was just telling you, suggesting you that you should be at this spot or you should bring the ball to the 45 degree first, because I respect your decision on the court. But from now on, I must command (in a military sense) you, you cannot do whatever you like! I command you, you must be at this spot, you must bring the ball to the 45 degree, where Battier or Ron at, you must do it.

Personal Note: For Yao to used such strong words on Brooks, he must be very pissed on how Brooks played in Game 5. However, Brooks did behave well in Game 6...

3. esteban

esteban Member

That only goes to show you how nice of a person Yao is! Most of the stars in this league should have lost it a long time ago with Brooks. I hope Brooks learnt a lesson from this for the sake of himself and the Rockets.

4. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Aaron Brooks doesn't even listen to Rick Adelman or even himself for godsake. He's been repeating to the media and to himself that he needs to get the ball to Yao Ming. Has that ever happened? Not that I know of.

Aaron Brooks has memory problems from what I see and that truly is not a good sign. I've been saying this since we got Kyle Lowry, but Kyle Lowry should be starting and Aaron Brooks is not a starter in this league.

5. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

There were some very strong words in Yao's conversation with AB after game 5. If they were all true, that would have really shown that Yao has become the "man" or the "leader" of this team.

6. Raven

Raven Member

There are only two obstacles standing between Yao and true greatness - his previous injuries and his reluctance to call out teammates. This might mark Yao's first season where both issues are finally overcome.

7. Bigearz

Bigearz 713only
    Supporting Member

Speaking of Mike Bibby, they mentioned during the ATL/MIA game....that he was going to be an unrestricted FA this coming summer. I was wondering what you guys think of the possibilities. We have to upgrade IMO.
    I like both of our current guys but still feel we have to get a point that can naturally feed the big fellow w/o even thinking twice on how to get it in there to him. whatdaya think would be the best options this summer?

8. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

No, we are going to re-sign Artest and I hope Von Wafer as well. I'd just rather have Kyle Lowry start over Aaron Brooks that's all. I have no problem with our current PG situation, just our starting PG.

We need to save up for the 2010 free agent class, when we have more flexibility so we can get a scoring wing player who can close out games not named Tracy McGrady.

9. zackbupt

zackbupt Member

let me get straight how did that work....

first,

sina.com translated from sources in English(reports,blogs,etc) to Chinese

then,

someone translated those back to English....

These's a big problem my friend....

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

No one will label u a brooks hater if u got ur facts straight. Brooks and yao were on the bench when lowry came in. The run started with both on the bench in the 2nd qt.

11. blender

blender Member

No, I think this is supposed to be a translation of an interview by a Sina reporter with Yao.

But personally, I take these reports with a grain of salt. No offense to the OP.

12. seaweed

seaweed Member

Not this time. It's written by a Chinese reporter, who is said to be a close friend to Yao.
    I'm happy Yao finally shouted out his frustration. Actually, this helps not only himself, but also Brooks and the whole team.

13. seaweed

seaweed Member

Well, if Yao scared him enough (through angrily shouting at him), maybe every time he sees Yao he will remember it. That's exactly what Yao should do.

14. Man

Man Contributing Member

I agree, Lowry's been solid, but definitely needs to improve the shot.

15. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Finally,Yao spoke up. it Is good for the team and AB

16. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Well, the article was not from Sina.com; it's originally from Titan Sports, written by Rock Wang Meng, who is Titan Sports columnist/reporter resident in Houston, covering news of Yao Ming and the Rockets 24/7. He is also the one that recommends Fran Blinebury to his boss, Yang Yi, who hires Blinebury as a special correspondent for Titan Sports when Blinebury got laid off by Houston Chronicle.

The guy is everywhere around Yao in every on and off court activity. He even travels to cover Yao and Rockets on away games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. newdaycomenow

newdaycomenow Member

hi! thank you buddy. this is a better edition. more precise....:)

18. 9495

9495 Member

Yao is a wise man. He knows what to say to the American media and Chinese media, with perceivable variations.

19. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

I know Yao would smash AB in the locker room after Game 5. But locker room stuff should not be publicized in my opinion. AB indeed changed his play in Game 6 and the outcome out of the change is awesome.