1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest doesn't need Tim Duncan or Shaq!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 1, 2009.

?

Hey Tmac

1. The Rockets are no average team!

249 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Hey Shaq and Tim Duncan didn't make it to the 2nd this year!

118 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You cant truly appreciate an achievement until you understand the obstacles that were overcome.

2. slugyang

slugyang Member

forget him, let him rehab, let us celebrate!

3. pacmania

pacmania Member

I think respect is a two way street. If Tmac dishes some disrespect to the team I don't think he has any problem taking it in. Karma has a mysterious way of coming back at ya'.

4. 0574_87499213

0574_87499213 Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/02/27/weekly.countdown/index.html

quote:He smiled when asked if he ever found himself questioning what separated him from the champions of his era.

"I haven't been the guy who's been fortunate enough to play with Shaq, to play with Tim Duncan. I always seem to have average teams,'' he said. "You take me back in my Orlando days with Shaq? Come on, there are no questions. You take a healthy me and switch me out with Paul Pierce [on the current Celtics]? There's no question. There's definitely no question.''

========
    i think the guy actually wanna ask T-MAC:"why are you always be failured in frist round".because it would be embarrass if he ask T-Mac directly.

but T-Mac was answer him in another away,he explain why he couldn't get the champion.

i don't know weather my thought right or not.but whatever the true is,T-Mac just replied in a bad way.

5. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

I still cant believe t-mac said this.

He must be absolutely mortified and wish he was anywhere other than Houston right now.

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think T-Mac isn't getting enough credit for this series. T-Mac has brought it on the bench this series. So far in the playoffs, the Rockets are 3-0 with T-Mac on the bench, and 1-2 without him on the bench. He's bringing intangibles like motivation to his teammates.

7. 9495

9495 Member

Thanks for the pic. It just made my day, again.
    Can't describe my feeling seeing these two guys standing next to each other... tears in eyes.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

for the sake of balance. . . . . insert STEVE FRANCIS into alot of what you are saying .. . . same result
    but
    Steve never said he had average teammates
    Steve never threw them under the bus
    Steve played his heart out
    Steve lost to a team with 4 hall of famers and a less experienced yao in a much tougher west

That is why we love Steve Francis

yet . . TMACONLYFANS will talk about how he made the team better than SF3 . . . .well. . . NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. your 1st point is BULLSH** [the team lost to 4 hall of famers the year before he got here . . . T-mac has not PLAYED AGaINST A TEAM AS GOOD AS THAT LAKER TEAM SINCE THEN]

2. If he wins a championship . . .he will be more like Cassell on the Celtics than a lead horse

Tell the truth and shame the Devil

Rocket River

10. drobsnightmare

T-Mac is the consummate front-runner. As long as things are going well, T-Mac is great. This is MY team, these are MY guys, etc. As soon as the Rockets' road gets a little bumpy, he's a finger-pointer. If he starts taking too much heat from the fans and press, here comes the phantom injury Dr. McLady diagnoses himself with. Last time I checked, doctors have more than a high school diploma. I wish he'd just admit it and say that he would rather open up a big-ass can of quit and abandon his teammates than be the player everyone expects him to be.

T-Mac is hated everywhere he's been. Toronto, Orlando, and now Houston. I really thought he'd take the opportunity to use the move to Houston as a redemption campaign and shed the ugly perception of who he is both as a person and as a player: a malcontent, milquetoast, and me-first player. I was very wrong. History has shown everywhere Tracy's been and everyone he's played with are not the problems--Tracy is the problem. He's the common denominator.

In contrast to my attitude when he first arrived, I will be glad to see Tracy leave this team. Good riddance.

11. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

We don't need no stanking candycorn scoring chumpion! Take Tracy from the team and "Poof" this team turns from being "soft" to being "tough".

Tracy was right about one thing though, "It truly was on him". Addition by Subtraction. Bye bye McChumpion. Maybe the team will give you a autographed photo of a real "Team". There is "NO" "I" in Team.

I just haven't figured out yet if I dislike the "Jazz" or "Tracy" more. It would be nice to see him in a Jazz uniform, best of both worlds. That way the TOF's would have to pick, "cheer" for Tracy and the Jazz or "cheer" for the Rockets.
    I bet they would be more willing to jump off a cliff!

12. drobsnightmare

That's hilarious. He can't motivate himself but he's the Tony Robbins of the Rocket's bench.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That right there says it all.....it is always someone else's fault with that guy.

DD

14. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

Forget we ever know Tmack. Zing Zing!

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Just like everyone else.

16. daRox

daRox Member

lol, another jab at McGrady

17. daRox

daRox Member

You can't question Steve Francis' heart!

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The amount of attention some people pay to McGrady makes me wonder... did he break your hearts? Leave you crying in the bath room clutching a number 1 jersey?

Let's just focus on the now and stop whining about the past.

19. joesr

joesr Member

Yao Soldiers!

20. caneks

caneks Rookie

Win is on me, lose is on my teammates.