1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 92, Blazers 76

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2009.

1. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

Great win,and it's historic.However,the most impressive scene of this game to me is that Deke on there heard the whistle and saw we finally win this series after struggling these years. Deke deserve this,Rockets deserve this.and all of us rocketman deserve this!

2. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I....am...so...happy

3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

HOW SWEET IT ISSSS. CLUTCH CITY BABY.

GREAT GAME, GREAT SERIES. PROPS TO PORTLAND...GAVE US A HELL OF A FIGHT. OH AND BROY IS THE NEXT KOBE. WORD.

BUT ROCKETS FOUGHT, AND FOUGHT HARD. ARTEST FINALLY SHOWED UP IN THIS SERIES. ALSO, AB WAS KEPT WELL UNDER CONTROL. ARTEST ATTACKED THE BASKET MORE THAN SHOOTING OUTSIDE JUMPERS. BOTH OF THEM HAD GOOD GAME.

BEAT L.A!!! BEAT L.A!!! BEAT L.A!!!

GOOO ROCKETS!!!

4. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

it feels good to be a rockets fan right now!! i think that we're jus that much better than portland..artest said that "it's not over yet"..they're going against the los angeles kobes!!! the series is over before it started..

5. nil77

nil77 New Member

oh well, I have to dedicate my first post now.
    congratulations!

6. allenwung

allenwung New Member

Congratulations everyone!!!
    come on,rockets!!!!
    come on yao!!!

7. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Is it too early to ask r2k where the highlights are? Man I can't wait. I'll even download the pre and postgame downloads if he has Ron and Yao's stand-up (or sit-down) routine.

8. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

LOL Roy is too young.but he may be more aggresive next season.
    I wish you change roy's face to kobe's and post again 2 weeks later. :D

9. BornToWIN

BornToWIN Member

Guys, we are celebrating, so are the lakers, they want us more than blazers. They think they can sweep us just like they did in the regular season, I think we will surprise them by fighting like warriors.
    You will see, L.A, not that easy to get over us!

10. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

LOL Some just said in sport Radio 610.

Who want to sex mutombo, that is Kobe, **** Kobe.

LOL

The were late and couldn't block that **** part.
    lolo

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Congratulations this squad of players really deserved this win.

I knew watching Scola, Landry and Brooks last year that they'd be key to us having success, especially with a healthy Yao and McGrady. Although I wasn't sold on our supposed big three when we traded for Artest, especially early in the season when Artest, McGrady and Battier were missing most of the games.

But once we got our line ups solidified, I liked how we were playing. Now essentially, this is indeed the squad that can make a deep run into the playoffs. The Lakers will be a real challenge, but the heart that you see from these players is something that championship runs are made up of. As long as we remember the importance of defense and our offensive plays are smart, I see us being a memorable playoff season for Houston.

12. subzor

subzor Member

LOVING THIS MOMENT

13. gratus

gratus New Member

my first post here goes to this thread. congratulations to Rockets

14. chinkman85

chinkman85 Member

The last time I posted was 3 years ago.

We'd just gotten bounced out of the first round in 7 tough games with the Jazz. Yao Ming couldn't grab a key defensive rebound. Tracy McGrady left the press conference in tears. Jeff Van Gundy had just been fired after giving it his all, and we hired Rick Adelman.

I joined in on the speculation of what the coaching change would bring, what the next few years would bring. All of us were sure that the Rockets would not only make it out of the first round, but that they would contend for a championship. We had a superstar core with Yao and T-mac and we had a proven coach in Rick Adelman.

Then we started the next season slow, and just as we were beginning to turn it around and become the team we all believed we could be, just as we were beginning to show signs of contending for that championship, Yao went down. We lost again to the Jazz, this time in 6.

The offseason we traded for Artest and whispers of championship were in the air again. Then T-mac came in out of shape and opted for season ending surgery. The whispers were gone again, vanished into the wind.

Then tonight, a night where many of us had doubts in the Rockets, doubts about Brooks' ability as a point guard, doubts about Ron's shot selection, doubts about our coaching, doubts in Yao's willingness to dominate, the Rockets jumped on the Trailblazers without mercy and never let up.

48 minutes. The game is played for 48 minutes and the Rockets, who have been so mentally weak for so many years, who let that 4th quarter Game 7 lead two years ago slip away, who got jumped themselves and never recovered four years ago, never forgot that this time.

It might be unlikely, it might be yet another false hope, but I think I hear a familiar whisper on the breeze...

Bring it on, LA.

15. phil2000

phil2000 Member

BEAT LA
    stupid LA fans

16. passacaglia

passacaglia Member

and not champion virgin.cuz we'll always be. :cool:

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

***** YEAH!!!

18. PumperX

PumperX Member

I was at the game and I am so proud of the Rockets. The intensity was incredible and the fans were amazing. I am so glad I was there to see Rockets pass the 1st round.

Here is the "BEAT LA" chant towards the end of the game at around 1:36 mark. Captured with my cell phone so the quality is so so but you can feel the excitement from the crowd.

LET'S GO ROCKETS!! :) :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRRN7zSYTbc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRRN7zSYTbc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. xiaoyaohjx

xiaoyaohjx New Member

WE DID IT!!!

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Wow, the first time the team has advanced since 1997 - the birth of this board.