1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Who would you rather have? A healthy Yao or Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 29, 2009.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Healthy Yao

71.9%
  2. Healthy Tmac

28.1%
  1. litianjiao.1025

I think we have both ,but now we only have yao and a rubbish SG and PG.

2. sofar

sofar Member

easily yao, as for basketball, a team game.
    talking about 22 win thread? yao started it by cheering chemistry and tmac just run in and took over it. dont forget the context.

3. sofar

sofar Member

tmac was out of any chemistry ever in his career. he has great skills and talent, but still not a good basketball player.

1 person likes this.
  4. -.Y.-

-.Y.- Member

Shame on you to put up this endless debate.
    Losers never learn from their failures to believe a first round virgin can save their asses.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Why? I believe in Yao.

6. joesr

joesr Member

only people with Tracie's name as a tag would be. I have fun reading it.

Why am I not tired of it? Because every game I realize we are the handicap. We give every team a 20mil handicap. Every time I hear OUR announcers say we could do so much better with a healthy tmac I remember.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stop hating on dre and snoop dogg.

driving a wedge between our fan base?

there's only one fan base Rockets only fans, those other people don't count.

why are you scared to choose? or are you on this thread just to insult me cause your jealousy makes you want to talk to Stephen A Smith?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

there's nothing wrong with being a realist, as long as you root for the Rockets.

remember the first meeting with Lakers with Tmac/Ron/Yao?

we got destroyed.

At least in the games without Tmac, the games were close.

9. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

The problem here is She-mac will be never ever be healthy.

Maybe he would be healthy one day phisically, but he will never be healthy mentally forever.
    That's the biggest problem. When he was unlucky, he just gave up which is the biggest difference between him and Yao.

Looking back, when the Rox sucked like hell last year, who lead this Rox drive back to the road, lead us a 7-2 winning recond, and who gave up already after a six-loss in a row, and took part in the 22-winning streak in the end after the Rox found back their groove???
    Obviouly, Yao is the one. :cool:

However, I would wish Tmac good luck to the rest of his career, cuz he was kind of pity, so I wish him good luck, but all he can help his teams is NO PASS TO THE FIRST ROUND FOREVER.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yes we all know the tmac that has played this year is the tmac that has played all the other years tinman. great observation. it's unfortunate that this year will erase alot of what tmac brought the past 4 years.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I realize that tmac was much better in his earlier days with the Rockets, but even if he was healthy, this was just a wierd mix with Ron Artest and Yao.

tmac needs the ball all the time to be effective, but that's the problem too.

Ron may take bad shots, but he doesn't need the ball to be effective.

the Shane Battier you see now taking clutch 3s, that's not the same dude with Tmac.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Dumb Ass Thread !

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I and the 99ers follow the bible of brown

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkz2OPDpj64&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkz2OPDpj64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. tinman

Supporting Member

these threads are fun bigez!

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

U my man and all and at times u bring some good thought and history to those that might not be aware, but threads like this does nothing. U know we already have legions of only fans and this really only brings seperation even if u try to bring objectivity. If u say yao, you're his fan and if u say tracy, ur his fan. I always try to tell people to be rockets fans.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

we're outnumbered like john connor and the resistance dude.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTLa5gUYo50&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zTLa5gUYo50&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

18. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Funny that no one complained about having a $14 million handicap the past two seasons.

19. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i would take Tmac on this one until yao go at PG shout" give me damn ball"

Clearly, rules were changed, as you can see, it is really harder for yao to take over the game. A health Tmac, take 2005 for example, he can win a game by himself, while yao will never do it at this point.

Our two stars, for some reasons, just don't have arrogance to light the crowd.

20. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

A healthy T-Mac.