1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 is OURS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Apr 29, 2009.

1. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

Are you with Bwin?

2. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

I have no bad feeling about losing this game whatsoever. I feel that we needed a game like this. All we have to do is go back to Houston with tons of energy and finish them off.

I don't have to "still believe", I always believe.

3. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Dude, I believe you believe

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I wish I believed game 6 was ours. It is by no means a certainty. IMO, it could go either way. It really depends on which Rockets show up and how the calls go. Not too many Rockets showed up last night.

To be honest, I'm not sure I really care how it turns out. I believe in the best team winning the series. I'm not convinced the Rockets are the best team in this series. Except for the first game fluke, I think Portland has actually played better than we have all series. We won a couple of really close games that could have gone against us if luck were against us. If Portland can beat us 3 games in a row to advance, then they deserve all the glory.

May the best team win...whomever that is. I'm still not sure.

5. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

i called Rockets in 6 early on. There are so many negative threads today and it was great to see a positive one.

Not worried.

Sucks that I'm flying back to that 7-1-3 during the game.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It's ok, you'll get to experience the win with 15K+ Rockets fans :)

I am going to buy tickets to this game because I believe they can win. Everyone knew Portland was not going to roll over, they are a tough team.

I have faith in our boys though.

Let's.Go.Rockets.*CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I agree, this is a WRAP!!!

* Portland is too young
    * Shots they hit in Portland won't fall in Clutch City
    * Our energy goes up at least 50%, which would have won game 5
    * Our bench definitely plays better at home (Lowry was out of control and a fouling machine, Von looked like a little kid showing his disgust, Landry try to do to much by putting the rock on the floor)
    * Shane didn't look to score

8. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

It is SO on. The TC is gonna be ROCKIN! :D

[​IMG]

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

Man I'm so glad everyone in here has a heart of a champion. :rolleyes:

10. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I felt humiliated watching the game. I hope the Rox felt the same in Portland for them to want to get revenge. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want the Rockets to blow them the **** out in Houston. I want a staight up beat down in game 6...

11. redao

redao Member

We will lose a close game in game 6.

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Way to go, Bill Worrell. :rolleyes:

13. Asian Sensation

Nice jinx. :D

14. ThaShark316_28

Who?

Rockets by 16.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think the Blazers came out fired up and ready to blow out the Rockets like everyone think they are in game #5. They weren't that great and the ROX have a chance to win. They just didn't take care of the ball or play smart to win it.

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

When the Rockets have had similar histories of "not having won on "X's" court the feeling builds that "we're due". I'm sure Portland feels the same way about game 6. Especially after the slim, fingernail wins by Houston in games 3 & 4.

17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

The only thing that anyone here or in portland needs to know is this:

- We want a Game 6 at the Toyota Center with the chance to close out.

- Portland desperately wanted to avoid this scenario and have their backs to the wall.

- Quit your b****ing and take yourself to the beginning of this series. Did you really think we'd walk through this series.

If someone said that the Rockets would be us 3-2 heading into Game 6 in our place, is there any Clutch Fan that would have said no.

Cmon b****es. Man up. Get to the game, let it flow. We gotta will the team to victory. This is not the time to worry about defeat. It's winning time. Go and watch the playoff intro video a couple of hundred times. Man up.

Rockets win by 8.

18. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

We will only win the game if Yao gets at least 10 shots up. Without Yao in the offense, and Brooks and Artest shooting us out of the game, its like a 3 on 7 out there.

19. GloryDays 94-95

Here it is....

A lot of us are frustrated because we did have a lead late in gm 5 and lost. And due to the recent playoff history that our fans endured, there is a certain level of panic.

But if you want any comfort to ease your mind, look no further than your hated rivals the Jazz. Playoffs last yr? We lost the first two at home, then split in Utah, then drove the Jazz in gm 5 at HOME in Houston. Then the Jazz put us away in gm 6 in the SLC. Really, there is no difference.Same situation, now we are up 3-2. We are coming home to close it out in Gm6!

20. RocketTempo

RocketTempo Contributing Member

Here are the points differential for Portland so far

@Portland,
    Game 1, -27
    Game 2, +4
    Game 5, +11
    Game 7, ?

@Houston,
    Game 3, -3
    Game 4, -1
    Game 6, ?

Do you see a trend here? If it continues to hold, then Portland will have a close win @Houston in Game 6 and a double digit win in Game 7 @Portland.

I am not being pessimistic here. I just want to jinx the trend ;)