1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest, he can save you and he can kill you.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Seth, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

are you talking about brian cook?

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If english isn't your first language then I apologize.

I am not sure about what to do with Ron yet. Let's see how he does and how the series unfolds. I know I wouldn't trade him for Ginobli based on Ginobli's health issues.

3. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

LMAO...

4. Seth

Seth Member

Thanks

It´s all right, i actually like that people treat me as if english were my first language because that helps me, i can learn that way, but it´s not, i am from argentina (spanish).

What i pointed about Ginobili health is that he had the same injury Yao had last season and Yao evolved very well out of it, i think it is an injury that needs time but doesn´t have sequels on the players.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Would the Spurs trade Manu for Artest in the first place? If I'm Buford I'd watch how Ron has played all season before making the trade. One look at all the stupid shots he takes and I'd be "Hell no, unless you add Scola" to that trade.

7. Seth

Seth Member

I posted this because from what it´s been said in argentina Spurs really tried hard to get Artest this season and failed.
    And right now it seems like Ginobili is not going to be extended and maybe traded.

8. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Someone has said resign artest with 10m a year..
    Dont make me laugh. :mad:

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah, that's before this season when Artest still had the reputation of being one of the best two-way players in the game, I think his muscular build fooled a lot of people into thinking Artest was an athletic beast (I remember the "dunk that b$tch thread" when it looks like Artest has no lift at all now lol). Mavs even offered Stackhouse+someone else for Artest before Donte Greene made Sac go "ZOMG 40 pts!".

At any rate if the Spurs offered Manu for Artest I'd even add Wafer with no second thought. Manu flops like a fish but he's clutch, always at the right place at the right time, and doesn't force the issue. KD even thinks he's better than pre-2009 Tmac. Plus we'll have the REAL Spanish Armada on our team.

10. Seth

Seth Member

Spanish Armada is for Spanish players.

We are called the Argentinean Legion. ;)

11. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

double UGH!

12. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

1-leg Ginobili is better than artest...

13. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I'd be pretty stunned if the Spurs traded Manu for Artest. That deal makes no sense.

That being said, Artest is the main reason that this team has shed its "soft" label and gained its "physical, tough" label. But his offensive game does look pretty bad right now. Makes you wonder if he is completely healthy.

And I don't think Von Wafer is ready to be a starter. He is a great offensive scorer (notice I said scorer, not player, because he rarely gets assists or offensive rebounds) but his defense is really shaky. He misses assignments all the time and jumps out of his seat for EVERY ball fake. If he wants, he could probably go to a bad team next year and start and easily average 15+ ppg but he is not a starter on a legitimate contender which is what I think we want to be next year. No doubt he could be a starter down the line though if he continues to improve.

14. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Without his defense, he's useless, can't dribble, can't pass, can't score...

But he sucks more on defense today, B.Roy can one on one his all night long...what a loser

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I agree w/ the basic premise. Some nights he's great, some nights he's a chemistry killer. When there's nothing to say about Ron, you can chalk that up as a good game.

But I think last night almost everyone had a 'Ron' night. No passing, iso ball, etc. I think the youngsters might get a little too influenced by his play sometimes.

And the Manu thing seems so unrealistic.

16. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Ron on defense is extremely good and he makes our team tought. His shot selection is horrible and his selfish plays of dribbling the ball for 12 sec and getting the ball stolen or jacking up a shot makes my stomach sick. But if we let him walk then our team becomes soft and weak again which is back to where we started. Wafer is good on offense but he lacks defense and seems like he dont even wanna try on the defensive end...

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Ron is an asset that I seriously doubt Morey will let walk. He might turn right around and trade him, even do a sign and trade, but I just don't see him letting Artest walk away for nothing.

I think Morey would invest in some counseling and coaching before losing such a talented asset, since Ron does seem to want to do the right thing, and Adelman has his respect, like no other.

I know DD wants him gone, but I'd rather keep him, and give him wise guidance. We are winning a lot more games with him, than without him. We just need someone else to be our closer, so he doesn't feel he has to fill in that blank.

18. RocketFan34

RocketFan34 Contributing Member

RA needs to sit down with Ron and explain a few things. Here is how the conversation should go.

1. I don't want to see you taking a shot from the outside off the dribble. If it is a catch and shoot then you have a green light.
    2. If you find yourself putting the ball on the floor it had better be because you are posting up in the paint.
    3. You are not a point forward. You need to work within the confines of the team offense.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

his defense is highly overrated.... his offense sucks. hes shooting under 40% and has terrible shot selection.

20. guangzu

guangzu Member

he save you so he can torture you and kill you ;)