1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 88, Rockets 77

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Member

damn that must be the 10th one, let's try this again, 9/10 the next one is a knee jerker..

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

take out artest and put in lowry

3. saleem

saleem Member

I don't blame him for their mistakes but he has to demand the ball. If they aren't capable of doing it,he should tell RA and the rest of the guys forcefully in the timeout that's what he needs.

4. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Well, it worked for Coach McMillan. He ran crying to Momma about how the refs weren't being fair to his team. Result: twice as many PFs called against the Rockets, more than twice as many FTs for the Blazers, and innumerable "phantom" calls, favoring Portland, affecting the flow of the game. It cost him $25K, although the League office made it "fair" by fining RA the same amount. :confused: :( :mad:

Recognizing that poor shot selection, a "cold streak" for the Rockets at an inopportune time for Houston in the 4Q, and a drop in "huffort" by the Rocks caused us to lose this game. Hope it "evens out" in Game 6.

Let's go Rockets!

5. allenz

allenz Member

tell AARON BROOKS to take more shots?

6. airmen

airmen Member

Brooks sucks! Never brings his brain on the court.
    Artest said he was the level of PP and LBJ. Look at his efficiency.LBJ and PP can defend well, and they can also get points and assist. But what about Artest? At PP and LBJ level?? That was an enormous joke people have ever heard.

7. lewzhy

lewzhy Member

i want Ron and AB out of team next year. :mad:

8. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Just calm down.
    You have to know that Stern want to make more money from China,so he will not let we win 4:1.He can make more money if we play one more game.
    The story will be 4:2.
    The we will play with Fakers.Maybe we can win a game or two. ;)
    Business is business :D

9. Carladyfan

Carladyfan Member

More like ur AB biggest fan and a liar.

10. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Trade AB and Mac to LA Clippers for Baron Davis and Marcus Camby.
    Is that workable?
    C'mon Morey, do this postseason.

11. Arvid

Arvid Member

Being a shooter means shooting when you are open (or at least have a decent space to shoot), but not forcing three pointers or driving to 3 defenders.

12. parmesh

parmesh Member

15 fouls on us in the 4th quarter. Any time we touch pretty-boy Roy or if he flails around we get called. and what the hell is up with our complete inability to get the ball to Yao when we need to? Yeah he took a bad shot at the end, but he's a 50+% shooter so I would rather take my chances with him (or Scola, who is also 50+% from the field). Don't give me that bullcrap that "Yao is what he is" and that "Yao's got this or that or that or that limitations" to justify yourself. It is just sad that it took me TWO hands to count the number of times that Yao sealed off his man or just had good position for more than a "flash" and we ignored him for an often ill-advised shot. Pathetic. We pay him big bucks, and if our guards are choking it up out there, we have to change things. Ab only seems to play well when Ron isn't around, and vice versa.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, I don't understand it. I think he gives the team the good ole pep talk...

"Cmon guys, don't worry we got this!"

Then sends them back out without making any adjustments.

As I keep saying, if we lose this series his job needs to be under serious consideration and so should everyone else except the GM. I wouldn't judge the GM on team performance but on the players he's bought in. We outmatch this team and should win.

Artest and Brooks ALWAYS have to learn their lessons. (Game 2, Artest jacked up shots, then game 3 played under control.) so I have a good feeling with it and Portland won't get all the silly fouls they got tonight.

We are actually getting better at beating the front though, which is nice to know if we advance.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Any person off the street who didn't know who Aaron Brooks was could take one look at him and automatically guess that he was stupid.

15. Shunter

Shunter Member

Good point, they've contributed nil this season!!!!

16. RV6

RV6 Member

i guess i overestimated the knee jerk population, or they probably got it all out in the first TEN pages that appeared in like 5 mins :D

17. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I missed the game.

I am dissapointed. Hoiw on the earth can Aaron take 20 shots and make 6? Whare is Ron? 77 points? It was just a horrible game, we had a chance to finish the series but now we have to hope we can win in Houston.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Mo-Ron Artest....says it all.

DD

19. Cha Sui Bao

Cha Sui Bao Member

How is Yao waving his arms and looking at Brooks in the face NOT demanding the ball??? And how do u know Yao hasn't already talked to RA or the rest of the team?

20. parmesh

parmesh Member

Dude was begging for it on multiple plays, waving his hands around for nothing. This team needs to stop jacking stuff up and start moving the ball.