1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goat of the Game: Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kryten128, Apr 28, 2009.

1. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Brooks had a bad game. So did Artest, Lowry and Landry. We're just not going to win a game this year when that happens. Get real.

If you know the NBA you'd should have expected tonight.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Both Brooks and Artest had terrible offensive games. I would have liked to seen the ball in the Von Wafer's hands more, actually. I think he's better at creating a good shot for himself than Artest.

3. kryten128

kryten128 Member

Quoting roughly from Gary Payton on the Rockets loss:

Aaron Brooks did too much of what he wasn't supposed to do on offense, driving into crowds and getting blocked. He needs to understand his role in the team.

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Who are you? His cousin? Brooks is garbage in crunch time. Mistakes after mistakes... it has been happening all year. Almost every time its been a close game and there like 4-5 minutes left on the clock, Brooks finds a way to mess up a key possession. RA needs to change this, get the ball out of his hands.

5. gamor

gamor Member

He is the worst player of ROX since i watch ROX's games. I think he plays only for his own data!
    Is he selfish or he hasn't the ability of passing ball?

I believw it is his selfishness. AB just want a nice data to get a big contrect.

AB has to be traded. I am sick of his game.

6. depot

depot Member

Because Aaron/Artest/Adelman all starts with an "A"

7. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

i have notice AB only know passing ball to Artest. 2 ballhoggers. they could cost rockets' playoff series :mad: . let's wait and see.

8. aznphil83

aznphil83 Member

one thing: that bad pass to landry on the fast break which basically killed the momentum and the lead for us enough said

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Congradulations to AB, 20 attemps, the same number Roy got.

10. 99bb

99bb Member

I hope it is next game :mad:

11. landryfans

landryfans Member

normally making??????, AB is shooting no better than rafer, his other skill is far worse...

12. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

According to shot attemps, AB is a Houston Rockets Superstar. Congratulations.

13. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

wow you try so hard, but failed. are you blind or something? it is so obvious who cost us the most :rolleyes:

14. YAO&ROCKET

YAO&ROCKET Member

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

all numbers of Brooks in his previous 2 regular seasons have pointed out Brooks is a marginal backup PG. The more games play, the more truth will be told. Brooks needs real improvements in off-seasons to stay in the rotations.

16. buaadallas

buaadallas Member

He thought he's as good as Roy, so, every time when Roy made a shot, he wanted to make too...

17. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

My observations on AB

I noticed at 6:40 in the fourth quarter, yao got deep position in low post, yelling at AB for the ball. Meanwhile, AB was dribbling, dribbling for like 2senconds and went ways jacking up a jumper. After that play, YAO was really really Pissed at AB, Man, I could tell 'cause Yao didn't run to the defensive end right away but just stood there like WTF r u doing AB and I saw he was shouting at AB when he saw AB dribbling to the middle.

Other observation is that when AB get into the game, I feel not only Yao but other players like Shane and Scola also kinda have no idea what AB gonna do next, this combined with the pressure on Yao makes the whole offense just stagnant. Sometimes, when Ab can actually score, that's fine. But once he has a off night like today, we are doomed.

And I'm not bashing AB here, I just feel he didn't fit in the half court, slow motion offensive very well, and once Blake played physically against, it would get very hard for AB to create space for himself or his teammates whatsoever. He could be very efficient during the Transition offense or fast pace game though.

However, despite his disgusting performance today, keep in mind that AB actually is a good shooter at least in this team. And my suggestion for the next game is that, both scola and Yao should come out and play some PnRs with AB if Aledaman wants to utilize AB's speed and 3 pointer desperately :(

18. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

if you watched, you would know he was worse than the box score.
    so much pointless dribbling, headless-chicken run, ignoring wide open low post players(Yao and scola), TO after TO, 1 on 5 invitation for block, clumsy passes making the reciever fumbling then lost ball, shot before teammates get into rebound position. wow, just a detailed show of HOW TO FAIL AS A PG. I am wondering what making a coach keeping such a PG on court for so long. perhaps Lowry 's foul trouble left RA no choice? where's Barry?

19. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

It wasnt just ab fault it was everyones fault. When i was watching the game i kinda figure they were going to loose the game. It didnt seem that they wanted to win that bad since they think they can close it at home. I dont understand why we pulled all starters out with one minute left in the game. Elite teams would never do that elite teams always think they have a chance to win. Thats why we are not elite just good.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brooks played bad but this loss is on the team. As a team we took terrible care of the ball, as a team we had some terrible shots and as a team we let Portland outhustle us. If there is a goat tonight its everyone.