1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 88, Rockets 77

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

We lost because we relied on Brooks and Artest's Jumpshot. They are the first and second option of the team, if their jumper isn't falling...

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I didn't expect us to win this game honestly, I was iffy about. I am however very confident about game 6 victory. Go Rockets!

3. 1individual

1individual Member

Remove Artest and put Cook, that shot against the back board was AMAZING.

SHIP ALL THE GUARDS OUT. BROOKS, LOWRY, AND ESPECIALLY ARTEST. I HATE HIM MORE THAN EVER BEFORE.

4. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Yao looked very passive this game, not fighting hard for positions, and not aggressive in grabbing boards as in previous games, especially in the fourth. What happened? Frustrated by not able to receiving the ball, by the teammates' lack of discipline? No matter what, it is really inexcusable not to go all out in a playoff game, not to say a game that is well within reach and a potential closer.

Yao has been totally exposed in this serials.

5. kaivin20

kaivin20 Member

6. Carladyfan

Carladyfan Member

Artest missing shots he normally makes, Brookes being stupid, brookes being stupid, brookes suck my ****.

7. aznphil83

aznphil83 Member

one word brooks, artest actually did decently tonite shooting wise except for the 4 t/o's but seriously brooks acted like he was t-mac, shud defintiely see his pt drop significantly next game

8. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

o no, another loser predicting a blowout, everytime before a game someone predicts one, these people are delusional or just plain stupid

9. aragorn

aragorn Member

i dont ****ing understand why AB has the ******* power to just over look yao at any moment?

we need to win next game.

game 7 in portland is too much.

plz discipline AB and Ron, their sparkling moments are not going lead this team pass portland!!! we need team play around yao.

we should just play yao and scola after 68-64.

why? these bigs are shooting around 75% for god's sake!!!!!!

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i didnt see too many coming off the backboard....that's taking it too far..

11. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Not the Mavs or Lakers. Lol.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

If I was Scola, I'd be mad pissed. Especially at Artest, Brooks, and Landry. They played like garbage street-ballers. As much as Scola willed the rockets to win, the other three willed the rockets to lose.

F'ing Disgraceful.

13. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

the worst part about this is Portland's probably gonna get front page ESPN.com like they did their other victory, where they don't give a **** about the Rockets! That annoys me greatly.

14. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

coach RA, you want AB to shoot more, ok, you got the result---lost. so now you are satisfied??? :mad:

coach RA is really simply role player's coach. he doesn't know has to rely on his star, especially in playoffs.

15. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Isn't it interesting how these games boil down to officiating? We took it to the rim so many times with very few calls, or got called for offensive fouls. I bet if you did an analysis of fouls per drive, Portland beat us at least 3 to 1. Seriously.

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

lol...

17. rlambs26

rlambs26 Member

Well, AB is better than Alston. But, still not good enough.
    To be a champion contender team, we should have better PG or somebody can control the game in any other position.
    So, that makes me miss T-Mac sometimes.

Is there any PG that we can have after this season?
    Can we have any chance to get Kirk from Chicago?

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

A few things:
    1. If Battier is on, then we should be using Wafer over Artest. The key to stopping Portland is stopping Alridge and Roy, which Scola and Battier can do respectively. In such a scenario, Wafer's superiority on offense (and I would argue he is a better offensive player than Artest) means he should be playing, and definitely be used far more than 10 minutes.
    2. Lowry did not play very well tonight, to be honest. However, Brooks was AWFUL - his shooting was absolutely atrocious, and there were several moments when he did not pass to Yao in the deep post when it was possible. The two really should be getting equal minutes more or less, though Brooks should still start.
    3. 24 Rockets to 12 Blazers fouls? When we had equivalent or more points in the paint? Seriously?

We'll kick their asses on Game 6, like I think most of us expected. Disappointing, but whatever. The Blazers are a good team after all.

19. sando

sando Member

I don't think we are really that bad.

20. depot

depot Member

3A suck
    Adelman AB Artest how come those 3A so f@cking idiot....