1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets screw up this offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, May 30, 2002.

Tags:
?

Will the Rockets screw up this offseason?

1. Yes - they will screw up this offseason

29 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. No - they will NOT screw up this offseason

39 vote(s)
    57.4%
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Forget about who you think they should take or should trade for. Simple question, by this time next year will we look back and say the team screwed up the offseason?

yes = screwup/bad offseason
    no = everythings fine and dandy

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

its going to be very hard for us to screw up this offseason.

draft ming.

and we have:

ming-cato-coller
    moT-griff-Tmo
    rice--kt
    cat-os
    wink-mooch-brown

you can use the 15th pick to take a sf. if there are no good sf's left at 15 trade it +rice/moT for a realy good sf.

two simple things. it cant get any easier than use your picks to address your needs.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Is this a "heads I win, tails you lose" sort of thing? The poll question is, Will the offseason be successful? And you're saying yes means no and no means yes?

Wll the results of this poll be incomprehensible?
    yes = it makes perfect sense
    no = it will make no sense at all

(btw, :D )

4. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

me confused :(

i voted yes after reading the post...but i meant to vote no...somebody close this thread...:( ;)

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Will JayZ750 screw up this offseason? What is it with all of these veteran posters that are coming up with dumb *** thread titles?
    My favorite one was whether or not Steve was a "Winner" thread.
    I can't wait for all of this negetivity to be put to bed.
    Go Rockets!!

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's really not that confusing. I asked a question and then SPECIFICALLY told you how to vote for the way you feel. I'm just curious to see how much faith the posters on this board have in the team. But I can see where there is some confusion. I didn't know what to put in the poll question so just tried to put something to mentione offseason, forgetting what my specific question was. So, if it's really too complicated to read how exactly to vote for how you feel, then one of the admins can either change the poll question to (will the rockets screw up this offseason) or just close the thread altogether :D

#6 JayZ750, May 30, 2002
    Last edited: May 30, 2002
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I didn't say I was confused, I am just sick and tired of all of this presumed negetivity that is following my team.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I will be happy as long as the Rocks don't do someting really foolish - like #1 for #3 + Adonal Foyle. Ugh!

That occurrence might be enough that I don't renew my League Pass. :eek:

#8 GATER, May 30, 2002
    Last edited: May 30, 2002
  9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The Rockets went into last year's offseason with a bundle of cash and a vision of CWebb in pinstripes. They chose to "resign their own free agents" and thus you will be seeing "<I>Mo</i>" Taylor and Glen Rice occupying the end of the bench for the next few years.

Anything would be an improvement over last offseason. Please don't screw this one up, guys. We can't afford it.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I agree cabbage. I think after we draft Ming ad one of those 3's Jeffries or oods fall into our laps, it is going to be a good day. I didn't agree with the taylor signing ,the norris deal, and especially the rice deal, but with this draft along wit last yrs could make people forget real quick.

11. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how we can screw this offseason up.

If we keep the pick, and take Ming, then either draft another SF or trade for one, mission accomplished.

If we trade the pick, we're going to get a lot of talent in return.

The only way we can screw up is a completely boneheaded trade.

As for last offseason...I think Taylor was a fine signing, even if his role is as a 6th man type instant offense. I didn't like the Norris signing at all. Rice was a gamble I would've taken. If the same scenario was going into this offseason, I wouldn't have taken it, because next year's free agent crop would be worth the wait. Rashard Lewis was simply not worth waiting for, just to have a chance at a decent SF.

12. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I believe last summer was not very successful. I do believe this summer will be one of the best!

13. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

Just Ming it & hope for the best :confused:

14. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

If we get Ming....yes.
    If we get a good deal for Ming....yes.

Other than that.......no.

IMO.....best possible outcome:
    Francis gets back to %100.
    Mobley gets back to %100
    We get Ming.
    We get Lewis.
    Eddie Griffin shows improvement.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I updated the poll question/answers. I was going to zero out the poll, but it was 21-20 so figured that was about as good as starting from scratch.

16. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I also agree with thecabbage, Webber would of made this franchise top notch unlike what Rice and Taylor haven't done. At least Talyor had some smokin' "j's" though.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

After signing Mo Taylor to 8 million, ANYTHING this summer will be better than last summer... :D

18. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Right