1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Three coaches fined for complaining about officials..including Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asiya, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Asiya

Asiya Member

2. astros148

astros148 Member

lol stern is getting a lil mad

3. Landlord Landry

send me the bill Adelman. I'll pay this nonsense. :D

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's easier than actually seeing if the complaints have any validity to them.

Go Dictator Stern!!! Keep on penalizing coaches and players and not accepting any blame for or trying to correct the mess you've created and the fans you've alienated!!! Don't change a thing.

5. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

That's why there should be another basketball league because of this BS monopoly that NBA is holding against the fans..But I agree that they should fine McMillan.. :D

6. slay743

slay743 Member

So there not allowed to say the reff's need to be more consistent :confused:

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Don't all NBA fines go to charity?

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont remember exactly what adelman said to warrant the fine. wasnt it justice who was more vocal about the "mma" techniques of yao. I do know adelman said some stuff after a press conference but nothing seemed anything out of the ordinary really, usually I thought coaches were allowed to vent a little during the post game unlike mcmillian who did it the next day at practice consistently.

anyways hopefully the game is called properly and consistently. if they get away with it on one end they better get away with it on the other end.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I'm with the league on this. They don't want to make it into a it's-all-about-the-refs game. So, they really have little choice. I do think that coaches occasionally need to criticize officials to achieve fairness, but if they just let the coaches constantly criticize the refs without any repercussions, it could get out of hand. The league has a process whereby teams can file complaints against referees. If one of my employees spoke out in the press about one of my company policies, rather than keeping it in-house, he/she would be out the door. Because the NBA can't do this, the fine is the only option.

I feel that coaches should always be fined for going to the press regarding referees. Any opposing viewpoints to this would be welcome.

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

The NBA isn't the only national sports entity with a "legal monopoly."

11. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

should fine the officials or suspend them at least :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Diggler

Diggler Member

You cannot complain to the public concerning the officiating but you are allowed to send the video in and complain directly. That's a no brainer but it's hard when during a press conference they ask this and that. Adelman just said it's because Yao is getting MMA-handled that's why he cannot do this and that.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think anytime someone specifically says the refs were messing up they get fined. Something like "there were some tough calls tonight", probably sint enough, but Adelman was more specific and direct.

I dont think adelman cares, 25K is worth it because it'll mean getting out of the first round and him not losing his job :D

14. choujie

choujie Member

Make the 2nd round and the fine will be worth it.

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

What did Rick say?

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

what did rick say?

17. landryfans

landryfans Member

Well, money well spent,

18. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Bull**** fine on Adelman.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yao just told me he will cover Adelman's fine.

20. somenobody

somenobody Member

What did RA say?