1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Fans calling for JVG to be hired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pete Chilcutt, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jerry Sloan looked like he's ready to retire in that post-game. JVG has such a vastly different defensive philosophy compared to Sloan -- that would be interesting.

4. HombreDeHierro

i would lose all respect for JVG if he signed there...

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

It would be disheartning to see him on the jazz bench, that means i would have to hate JVG too..and i lvoe him :confused:

Chilcutt

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

while I dont want JVG to go to the jazz at least he'll clean up the douchebaggery that has been going on in utah for the past 20 years.

personally I hope they hire avery johnson if sloan does retire, but chances are sloan's assistant phil johnson will be promoted

1 person likes this.
  7. Greg8231984

Greg8231984 Member

Wow, after reading that forum a bit, it's hilarious how much complaining they do about officiating....

8. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I'm happy to see that the Utah team is about to be broken up. They can't afford to keep all their players. Most likely Milsap walks, and the following year they lose Boozer too.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

JVG would be good for that team.. nice that they respect him.

Of course I hope he doesn't go. I really don't think he would just due to location and team makeup.. (and knowing how hard it would be for the first guy after Sloan to live up to Utah's expectations)

But I wouldn't lose respect for him if he did. He'd try to clean it up and change the floppery

10. bjshot

bjshot Member

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess fans in all cities are basically the same - blame the coach for everything.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Don't do it Jeff! :mad:

13. lalala902102001

I do think that Jerry Sloan is near the end of his tenure. He is getting older and I don't think that this Jazz team as it's constructed now can compete for a championship. With Larry Miller's passing this year it might be time for a new era in Utah. I just hope that Deron Williams somehow leaves Utah. The guy is the only one on that Jazz team who doesn't flop and deserves to play somewhere else than sinking with the Jazzhole.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

o hell no. JVG signed a large tv deal till 1012 any way so I doubt him or his kids would want to go to the middle of nowhere.

15. ABtheTerrorist

Noo! JVG please do not go there.Go fix up a team in the east.
    If Utah needs a coach,maybe they can persuade Isiah Thomas out of that school in Florida.

16. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

well boozer is the one walking after this season, he said he's gonna opt out. they can't sign boozer, okur AND millsap, so most likely 1 or even 2 of those three will be gone..

i'm guessing they let boozer walk, he has injury troubles and millsap does not cost as much and continues to improve.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

JVG's turned down better jobs. Utah would really have to throw a truckload of cash at him.

18. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i think this will come in play too. jvg got the consent of his family when he visited houston before he took the rockets job. and now they still live here and are happy. he loves the city.

i doubt his family would want to move to salt lake city... an NBA head coach job is tempting.. but not THAT tempting enough to move to utah. he can get another job elsewhere, he can wait for the right fit or until his kids grow up

19. SunsRocketsfan

umm look at this forum.. we do the same.. look at the blazers forum they also do the same. . i think all fans do that.. i am trying to be as unbiased as possible.. actually that hire JVG thread on the jazz forum sounds like a thread that would occur here when we wanted to fire JVG or get Adelman..
    they didnt flame the rockets in that thread either and make some good points as to why we lost to them.. anyways i still hate the jazz cuz of their dirty flopping and if JVG wants to coach them I wouldnt mind.. like someone else said at least they wont be cheap and dirty anymore.. and JVG hates the FLOPPPING so he would put an end to it ..espeically AK

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I doubt he would go there chastise their guys for dirty play. It would just slowly phase out because he doesn't coach cheating.