1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[955 The Game] Portland Sports Radio Link

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Apr 27, 2009.

1. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

agreed. but they dont give us credit for adapting. they blame it on the game plan not being thought out and not thinking about the ease of offensive rebounds for scola or whoever else is there

2. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

on their fan forum, alot of them are saying its because yao is chinese and nba wants him to go deep into the playoffs

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

wow! During crunch time, they had one turnover after another one... They lost because of themselves.

It seems to be very difficult for blazers fans to accept the fact their team aren't ready for playoffs.

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I dont even think the site has the number on there lol

5. jedicro

jedicro Member

Does anyone find it strange that Portland fan is bringing up that charge on Roy at the end so much? Best case for them it is a no call (there's no way a foul can be called on Chuck there) and a blocked shot. How is that any better than what they got? Either way we get the ball.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

whats more is that Roy himself said that if chuck was outside of the circle (which he was), then it was a charge- so roy agreed with the call.

7. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Once in a while, the refs officiate Yao as it is actually a basket ball game, instead of wrestling, people got puzzled "where is the foul? Our guys only tried to wrap him around and beat him up before he catches the ball! How is that a foul?"

That shows how bad it has come to as far as officiating Yao goes.

8. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

ha ha, im listening to their pregame and the guy is complaining about leaving the toyota center on sunday and the rockets fans chanting "bring on the lakers"

i actually agree, but not for the same reasons as him. he is mad cuz he thinks the rockets will get swept by the lakers and the blazers will take it to 6 or 7 games.

i think its dumb for us to say anything about round two period. we have lost 6 series in a row. where do we get the confidence to bypass this 4th win we need? i like the confidence, but im a little hesitant to say anything about round 2 til we are OFFICIALLY there

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I spoke to Nuno last night on "No layups" about it. He mentioned he may issue out a "Hit" on their station today. They do have a call in number, It's
    503-417-9595 (DD) I've been really surprised at their hatred toward the city. I would understand the team but this dude rivals some of the Utah media.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'd love to see that... what they did to that Utah station was hilarious.

11. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

This station is going off on Houston.

Playing back some of THEIR broadcasters comments during last nights game.

[oden block (foul IMO) on Von Wafer]

" Blocked by Oden, he not only rejected your shot, but he rejected your haircut!"

12. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

They just started taking calls again.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Nuno and Raheel are talking about it right now.

14. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

Now talking about how "Artest is the Blazers best players, when he has the ball good things happen for the Blazers"

Ha! (i dont disagree)

15. tehlostone

tehlostone Member

Wheels can make some of the most off the wall comments during a game, they are so stupid they are funny, unless of course you are the opposing team in this case :p

PS
    Canzano didn't like it down in Houston mostly because of the fans chanting "these refs suck" (he also railed on Portland fans after game one) and chanting "Portland sucks". These games are generating so much hate it would be funny if it wasn't so embarrassing...for both sides.

16. HookemHorns1250

Hm..funny I didn't see anything about Oden pushing Yao after the play in there? Guess that isn't a technical in his eyes.

And if I hear one more Blazers fan wine about the difference in free throws attempted I'm going to snap. When your Power Forward is strictly a jump shooter, and your center never..ever...ever touches the ball on offense, YOUR NOT GOING TO SHOOT FREE THROWS. Brandon Roy in game four shot 13 free throws I believe..because he attacked the basket unlike any of his other teammates. They got their free throw opportunities when they drove, they just didn't attack enough, and we did, which is why we got more free throw opportunities. And for goodness sake I'm tired of Portland fans stating that Roy doesn't get the "Super star treatment." In game four he shot 13 free throws...5 more than Yao who had 8 attempts in that game.

17. Blurr#7

I'll say this, listening to their shows gives you an idea as to why they have such a great home crowd. It's all Blazers all the time!! Hezee and Nuno will go Texans, Astros and NFL draft. While they hardly talk anything but Blazers. Funny thing is since they won I haven't heard one mention of the officiating!

18. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

They just mentioned that the Blazers should wear their red uni's tomorrow instead of their black. :mad:

19. Blurr#7

They should, they're in for a fight and blood doesn't show up as much on red.

20. tehlostone

tehlostone Member

Portland doesn't have anything else. No football, baseball or soccer. Then add that Portland has the whole JailBlazers era. We can finally talk Blazers without being embarrassed.

I would like to hear some NFL talk since I have no idea how the Cowboys fared in the draft :(