1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Blazers 88

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. woket

woket Member

Props to Chuck and Shane.

Free throws - could've/should've put it out of reach earlier (at least the last 3 three chances).

A win is a win though. Go Rox!

2. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Best Part of Tonite's Game??? EVERYBODY CAN LEAVE SMILING!
    :) :) :) :) :)

Rick Adelman & Co. - Getting the W
    Yao - Rebounding
    Luis - Clutch Shooting
    Battier - Clutch 3s and Great D
    Ron Artest - Flex PhotoOp
    Brooks - Huge Clutch One Handed Rebound
    Von Wafer - Bench Energy and Clutch Shooting
    Carl Landry - Sweet Clutch J
    C Hayes - Drawing that BRoy Charge baby!
    K Lowry - Huge Clutch Two Handed Rebound
    Dikembe - Collecting on his bet with T-Mac
    Fans - what a game!!!!!

Think about how great it must feel as a TEAM, going home, smiling about their individual contributions to getting this win. Everyone's involved. Everyone's motivated. Everyone's feeling good and not just being a cheerleader!

How RA works in so many guys (heck even AB0 and KY7 at the end there) in one 48 min game is beyond me. But it's balanced. It's great to watch. And, you know what? IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!

:)

smilingSAGE

1 person likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Im not complainging about the win/game :confused:

It's not nitpicking, you're suppose to have an advantage at home. If the background is all read then it's almost as if the seats are empty, noise isn't going to bother a player, they need something visual to distract them. A red background behind an orange rim, white net, and white lines on a clear backboard isn't going to do it.

Its just another way the people at the toyota center failed to give the Rockets a true homecourt.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Shane was amazing, and of course so was Yao...I wish AB would make his GD free throws, but a win is a win...

almost slipped away, but it's destiny to win...

5. zack2001

zack2001 Member

WOWOWOWO

it is bad for them.....anyone cares???.....

6. reidbao

reidbao Member

that was really intense!!!
    but I think it would be amazing if you try Yao~~~ :D
    Or maybe you can make a basketball team........

Go junior Rockets!!!!!!!! Let's beat Jazz-little-holes

7. albuster

albuster Member

The officiating crew for this game needs to be commended. I have not ever seen Yao officiated this fairly in the NBA before. I don't know what changed or that this crew is just the most efficient. Great officiating refs!!

8. jowie4

jowie4 Member

Scola and Lowry saved us with 7 and 3 offensive rebounds!!

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah i was kind of hoping Shane would get the ball, he seemed really calm when he knocked two late in game 3 and he's been around more than Lowry and Brooks....i think Adelman was hoping Brooks would get free and run out time like he did in game 3..

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

NBA.com usually has some of them, not in full though, but it's better than nothing....under videos, then go to playoffs...

11. AttackTheRack

AttackTheRack Member

Too close for comfort - AGAIN!!

You take the win, obviously, but the Blazers had ample chances and just pissed them away. Bad 3 at the end by whats-his-face, and a bad drive by Roy and game over.

I don't know how anyone can trust most of these players in the last 2 minutes, frankly. Yao, you can trust, but with him, the refs become too large a factor. You can't trust the refs to call the swipes Yao takes in the post in those 2 minutes. He just gets stripped too easily. Most of the rest of the team are a tad dicey with the game on the line in my view. But a W is a W, and this Portland team has already proven beatable at home, so the 2nd round definitely beckons. Forget about LA, though. No illusions. I love the Rox as much as the next guy, but Kobe?!? Just eats the Rox for breakfast, lunch and dinner in crunch time.

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Battier and Yao were simply amazing tonight. I was there at the game and it was an amazing atmosphere! Chuck Hayes made my day by drawing a late charge to Roy. A win is a win even though AB0 missed his ft's at the end to seal it and left us with a thriller...
    3-1 ROCKETS! LET'S END THIS ON TUESDAY BABY!!!

13. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Took me a while after final buzzer to gather my shattered nerves together - LOL! Spectacular game - thrill a minute.

Trolled the Blazers message board for a few minutes. They kind of jump back and forth from blaming Roy for ball hogging (sound familiar, Ron Ron?) to the Aldredge missed 3 at the end to the bonehead Prizilla pass into the backcourt to McMillian's coaching shortcomings to the giant conspiracy of the inadequacy of NBA refs to my all time favorite: the Chinese marketing conspiracy. Disillusional but emotional, and inaccurate on all counts.

14. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

RA on TNT says it was intentional - great call!

15. DignityExpense

shane battier is the MVP of the game

16. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Our backup deke is down.
    We cannot afford losing this game.
    It is ok for adelman to using yao more in this game.

17. laughdog

laughdog Member

is yao the least appreciated player on the team? there are often XYZ appreciation threads on the forum but i really cannot remember when i last saw a yao appreciation thread, if there ever was one at all ... i know yao's strong plays are actually often taken for granted, but right now after this huge win he still seems to be a non-factor on the forum as sometimes he is on the court in our pgs's eyes ... yes, yes, i know it is not intentional neglect but just "taken for granted" ...

i don't want to start a thread but just wanted to thank yao here for the 43 minutes he played and the strong come back in the 4th quarter ... thanks big fella and please help finish this in 5 in Portland ....

1 person likes this.
  18. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

We have chance to win if they use bynum more. XD

19. StevieCrossover

Man the rockets look so tired. It looks like they have to work harder to score. Must be exhausted. Good thing We have a good bench to take on the load. You see Yao Ming fighting hard to get position. Scola doing everything possible. Battier playing Continuous D very good at helping out and hitting those big shots. Artest is chasing down Roy all day. and usually Brooks makes it look so easy and tireless running court to court with lightning speed and scoring. Great job Rockets. Time to finish the Blazers at their house.

20. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

Ron 5-20, Brooks 1-5, Lowry 1-6
    14-22 FTs, but we still win this game.
    Our guards will never shoot that poorly again, we still have room to get better.
    BTW, the refs were good tonite, those early fouls on Joel and Oden, they didn't call them before.