1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Effin RIDICULOUS (My first playoff game experience)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 25, 2009.

1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

according to that picture provided, it doesnt look empty, and on tv, it doesnt look empty either, i thought ppl did a good job going on time.....wat game were u at?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

definitely, at one point i heard a lot of noise, but saw the lower level was sitting still, i realized it was all the upper level, but someone who doesnt kow better would think it was sound effects :(

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

how can you tell from that pic??

it wasnt empty, but empty for a playoff game. Look at other places and you can maybe pick out literally 2 or 3 empty seats in the lower level, for us its like 20, which is few out of the total, but a lot compared to other places.

4. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

On TV you cant see all the emptly seats.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

6. kikimama

kikimama Member

I was wondering why there were so many empty seats. It wasn't even in between quarters or halfs. Middle of quarters, I would see dozen or so empty seats in the lower bowl.

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I was at the game and was pleasantly surprise to see most of the lower level filled... the TC was loud and ROWDY to say the least... one of the best playoffs games I've been to... H-Town represented!!! Very happy we pulled it off... gotta work on getting Yao more touches definitely

8. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

tonight was my 1st playoff game experience too. it was incredible and sooo much different from regular season.

my brother scored seats in section 114 from his company and i honestly thought the place was packed but i wasnt trying to search out the empty seats. i'd blame it on the rain and crap weather

the intros are AWESOME, i loved the red lights in the noise maker balloon things.

i was pissed at the rockets in the 2nd half but the 1st half i was all hyped up and really enjoyed my 1st playoff game.

9. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. This was arguably one of the best turnouts of any playoff game I've been to (I think I've been to 7 now). Take the weather, economy, etc. into consideration and I'd say I'm content with the fans tonight. I didn't have a problem with the lower bowl being empty until the closing minutes of the game. I was actually surprised so many people were finally there on time. Almost everyone stood up the in the last 4 minutes of the game, the chants echoed throughout the stadium and everyone was generally happy and excited for the team. So far so good. Things could be a lot worse.

10. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

And yes, the intros were sick. I liked the superhero theme a lot.

11. eixty

eixty Member

Watching the game on ESPN, it definitely looked empty in a few places. With that in mind, the crowd that was there seemed to be pretty into it.

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Looked really good on TV. Better than many games I've watched before.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

for some of you that havent seen many playoff games and think it wasnt empty, keep in mind that the towel/sticks or whatver they gave out tonight makes it looks more packed because they're waving around, so you see more movement...

14. yao123

yao123 Member

it would be better if they give away those tickets for free...you gotta understand most people are not rich :mad: and you should understand it completely because this is houston

15. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Anything less that a packed, sell out crowd during the playoffs is embarrassing. People posting that the lower bowl doesn't fill till after the game starts so they weren't worried about need to realize this is the playoffs and not the same as any regular season game.

16. kanariya

kanariya Member

speaking about empty seats....

[​IMG]

I would love to attend the game but I don't live in Houston. :(

17. logicx

logicx Member

I hear a lot of people using the argument that this is a pretty good turnout compared to some they've seen in other playoffs, or other games, etc. etc.

How pathetic. I don't disagree with those arguments, but it's still pathetic. It just shows that are standards are set so low when it comes to lower bowl turnout. There are bunches of 9, 12, even more seats all in the same area with no one sitting in them. I don't see a lot of that in other playoff series'.

Somebody also made a good point about people not wearing red, most teams I've seen that do the colored shirt thing do it right and you have to pick somebody out in the crowd that DOESN'T have the team colored shirt on. Here we have a lot of business blues/whites/beiges, etc.

Nevertheless, I still think the Rockets have the best fans, and I think they'll get us through the first round and more! Go Rockets!

18. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Did any of you catched Steve Francis and cuttino mobley at the game? They were sitting courtsde. I thought that was pretty cool. Also Marcus Camby was in attendance. Don't know why though.

19. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

If there was indeed a "Portland SUCKS" chant...I am kind of disappointed. The only team that deserves that chant from Houston fans is the Jazz, and I think chanting something like that makes Rockets fans seem extremely classless.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Why are yall surprised? The TC is a pro sports venue, not Cameron Indoor Stadium. If you want real atmosphere go watch college basketball (or football).