1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Aaron Brooks good or bad? Does he actually contribute to winning??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 22, 2009.

1. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

How foolish you could be! idiot! :eek:

2. airmen

airmen Member

We have to admit that he is a really good player when he plays as the sixth man. But if he starts, his shortcoming will be blown up. For his stature, he can't play pick-and-roll and defense well. He is a real SG, but not PG.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

because I am asking clutchfans...if I was a basketball encyclopedia I wouldnt b asking anything...so why dun the ppl who propose trades just send a letter to morey and go stalk les instead of posting them here???

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

get a playmaking wing and we're set. brooks just scores and that's his role. notice how von wafer plays well b/c he only has one thing in his mind?

with brooks, we give him more responsibilities than he can handle right now. and he's doing a decent job. if he can have someone making plays for him, the way he can shoot, oh my.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

how foolish could I b??????? I hear this stupid rookie ask??? u wanna know u rookkkk?????????

well...since u have english language r****dation I am unable to tell u how high my intelligence quotient is because u so dumb u dun kno any other words other than idiot nd other dumb words...

I can tell u how foolish u are tho...because I see ur a r****d :mad: :mad:

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

because you asked some ignorant questions that you could have found out yourself. to solely blame AB for Yao's lack of shots is pretty ignorant.

My suggestion is still for you to download the game and figure it out yourself.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ok, ignore the stupid rook whos name is stupid "tonyrock"..I will shed some light on this topic:

I see aaron brooks needs to have two things only:

score for himself

pass to yao

simple? yes! all he has to do is pass to yao if its good to, and second option is to score for himself...

he cannot create for others...its a fact..so why not let him score for himself??? its easy for him and ron can relax watching from the corner...and all battier does is stand in the corner reciting how many percent travis outlaw shoots when he plays 20-25 minutes and grabs less than 5 rebounds in the first 15 minutes with a lineup combination of blake roy outlaw frye oden on the court...

so aaron only needs to create for himself...I think its enough.

BUT HE NEEDS TO PASS TO YAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

There is only one truth about the Rockets: When Yao dominates, the Rockets dominate.

The Rockets win/lose doesn't depend on Brooks too much.

From NBA.com (08-09 season):
    Home games (33-8) : Brooks's FG% is .373 averaging 9.7 FGA, 3.6 FGM & 10.3 PPG;
    Road games (20-21) : Brooks's FG% is .434 averaging 9.8 FGA, 4.3 FGM & 12 PPG.

Brooks actually had a higher FG% for road games than home games - +6% FG% & + 1.7 PPG for road games. But the Rockets road record was 20-21 and the home record was 33-8, the Rockets were +13 wins at home with Brooks bad shootings.

Brooks higher FG% at road was probably the results of opponents defense on Yao at their homecourts which left Brooks more open.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

if you have the reading comprehension skills of a 10 year old you will recognise that I did not blame him...

I am simply wondering DID HE? WAS HE TO BLAME?

your ignorance and lack of intelligence lead yourself to think I was blaming aaron brooks... in fact I already said I love his offensive explosion. I am unsure of how he was passing to yao or rookie mistakes such as crucial TO's.

10. jedicro

jedicro Member

They were fronting Yao the entire game, so saying it's as simple as he just didn't pass it to him is deceiving. I only saw a couple times when Yao got position and AB didn't give him the ball.

The entire team takes the blame for not being able to find ways to get Yao the ball, AB gets part of that blame.

We still shot a decent percentage, but thsoe shots aren't going to be falling all series.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

This thread, your posts in this thread, and yourself are all laughable. I'm not wasting more time on some kid freaking out that his hero only got 6 shots and blaming AB because the little kid didn't see the rest of the game.

Again, download the game and figure it out yourself.

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

We don't need him to play out of his head.....We need him to play with his heart, and play with composure and team work.

When the game was just a 1-point game and on the line with 3 minutes left, he should have controlled the tempo/rhythm, slowed it down and grind it out for the win.

Insteads poor defense and 2 careless turnovers to let the TrailBlazers took a 8-point lead over that curcial stretch.

If Kyle Lowry was there instead of him, the outcome of this game could be different.

13. lastmanstanding

I cannot believe you are still saying this. If we had gotten the 2nd seed, we would've beaten Dallas which would make them the 7th seed and we would play them w/o having potentially sacrificing hc in the 2nd round vs the 2 seed. Are you really this dense?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why do you start threads if you don't watch half the game?
    never mind making assumptions on what happened based on stats.

This is a knee jerk reaction thread like 90% of threads here.
    Calm down, its 1-1.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's still young. and again, i don't expect for him to be able to "control" a game b/c he doesn't have those PG tendencies, and probably never will.

but after YEARS of complaining our guards can't shoot and no one steps up to score besides our stars, we finally have this guy who is ON FIRE in the playoffs and we're complaining about the guy?

like i said, once we get a playmaking wing, aaron brooks will be really good.

16. marshield

marshield Member

If you watched the game, you would hate AB's guts.

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

just like first game, half of his points came after the game is decided. He need to do better in the 1st 2 quarters

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Fixed that for you free of charge.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

You would think AB stole his girlfriend or beat him up in middle school.

To quote Rick Adelman:

"we just weren't patient enough."

Thats not JUST on Brooks. But Artest, Battier, Wafer, Scola, Lowry, Landry, Hayes.

20. Electro

Electro Member

haha!